Clubplanet Nightlife Community

twilo, friday

What?? Did you even see PVD?? He was having a blast that night! Of all the times that I've seen him spin, I have never seen PVD dance in the booth. But that night . . . he must of been feeling the vibe cause he actually danced while spinning. The ONLY times I've seen him dance is in Europe. He's always dancing and smiling when he spins in Europe. But more and more lately, he's been letting lose in New York and more and more people are actually noticing how talented he is. There are more people in the club at the end of his set then there are at the end of S&D.

He was ABSOLUTELY off the hook that night!! GO PVD!!

P.S. I'm so sick of people saying that he was playing commercial or garbage stuff and can only name ONE track "sexual". Come on guys! If you're going to criticize then criticize constuctively. Jeez.

Originally posted by maverick33:

I UNDERSTAND WHAT THE GUY SAID ABOUT TWILO'S CROWD. I REALLY THOUGHT THAT THE CROWD THERE WAS HORRIBLE. A LOT OF IGNORANT PEOPLE WERE THERE THAT DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT REAL MUSIC, ABOUT PAUL VAN DYK, ETC. THE MUSIC WAS GREAT UNTIL ABOUT 430 AND THEN PVD STARTED PLAYING GARAGE AND WEIRD HOUSE TUNES. I HONESTLY THINK HE WAS DISGUSTED. AT ABOUT 615-30 THE HE STARTED GETTING INTO IT, BUT BY THEN MOST OF MY FRIENDS WANTED TO LEAVE. I LEFT AT 7. WHAT TIME DID PVD STOP PLAYING?

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

I TOTALLY agree with you when you said that S&D are playing some really dark stuff. Sasha definately not the Sasha that I feel in love with. Too many DJ's out there (e.g. S&D, Oakie, etc.) are trying to move with the common club scene and spinning more darker house, but not PVD!! THANK GOD!!! Every time I listen to him I remember why I've become a trance head! =P

Originally posted by nycx:

I had the most incredible night that night. PvD is the man! S&D is starting to get too dark and house-y for me but PvD's been on the ball! He's been spinnin' nice and heavy trance beats with awesome, mind blowing buildups. It was definitely crowded but I don't think it was as crowded as his usual nights for some reason... when the complainers/drunks started to leave ~4am, that's when the party really got going for me. There was enough room to dance and walk around...not to mention PvD really got into his funky groove! Awesome night, I didn't leave till close.

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

Hey Tara, thanks for agreeing with me. there are way too many people that are passionate about Twilo. PVD rules but Twilo sucks. Sorry all you Twilo heads out there, but spending 20 bucks to dance and not being able to blows the big one. Maverick33 also agreed with me that there are alot of stupid people that go there. I went to the bathroom at one point and there was some girl getting fucked in one of the stalls and there was another girl that came out of the bathroom with her shirt untied, wiping her mouth and running after the guy she just blew. How fucking disgusting! To all you nymphos out there, Get a fucking room and some dignity. Those are the people Twilo can do without. Too bad Twilo isn't more selective about the people they let in.

Originally posted by tara19:

I have to agree with you.....I went to Twilo on a Friday night about 3 weeks ago. After my cousin raving about how great the music system is there I figured that I would check it out too. Well, he was right the music was great but like you said, there was no room to move and people were sitting right in front of the speakers on the floor. I literally almost fell over some guy passed out! I admit that I was drinking, but some people there were out of control and me and my friends were not able to enjoy ourselves.......needless to say I wasted my money and ended up getting home at 2:00am!

------------------

I didn't think the crowd was too terrible for PVD. Granted, it's a lot more crowded than the club ever got a few years ago but let's face it, Twilo gets the best DJs and everyone wants to see the best DJs. But I didn't think this past PVD was nearly as crowded as some of the other times I"ve gone. You were able to walk aroudn the place pretty easily and i had no trouble dancing all night.

------------------

Exit SUCKS on Fridays. Tried to go on a Friday three times one time was worse than the next. Exit is a Saturday club ONLY. I went to see Sasha and Digweed for their 3 year anniversary at Twilo and it was the same ANNOYING scene. Why bother??? It made me feel like they packed us all in just to make tons of money because we all know that no one buys any drinks. They gotta make the money somewhere, it is just a shame that they put our lives in danger to do so. Could there be anymore people sitting on those steps???

------------------

Exit SUCKS on Fridays. Tried to go on a Friday three times one time was worse than the next. Exit is a Saturday club ONLY. I went to see Sasha and Digweed for their 3 year anniversary at Twilo and it was the same ANNOYING scene. Why bother??? It made me feel like they packed us all in just to make tons of money because we all know that no one buys any drinks. They gotta make the money somewhere, it is just a shame that they put our lives in danger to do so. Could there be anymore people sitting on those steps???

------------------

That seems to be the problem with Twilo, too crowded, but it happens to be a fact that it's the only place that gets top DJs, maybe somebody should realize that and start booking european DJs somewhere else...Or they should make twilo 21 to enter only...

------------------

That seems to be the problem with Twilo, too crowded, but it happens to be a fact that it's the only place that gets top DJs, maybe somebody should realize that and start booking european DJs somewhere else...Or they should make twilo 21 to enter only...

------------------

Guest reubend

I was there last week for PVD, too. I totally agree with you...I hadn't been to Twilo in ages...and was very suprised to see how many people they let in. Hello, there is such a thing as capacity limits. And you know everyone's being counted as we go in! We need space to dance...that's why I went! It did open up a little in the wee hours of the night, though.

i think everyone should stop bitchin about the crowd at Twilo and just be glad that they are bringing in the best dj's in the world... more then can be said for any other club in the city.

my $.02

-Rob

------------------

[This message has been edited by inertia (edited 05-22-2000).]