Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Scott Bond , Seb Fontaine In NYC ??

Guest blckraven

Guest blckraven

Just wondering if NYC will ever be blessed to witness Scott Bond here. For those of you who don't know who he is. He is Resident of Gatecrasher in Sheffield U.K. He is amazing ! I don't know about you guys, I'm getting a bit tired of Sasha and Dig. I mean they have changed so much ( sound wise ) all this dark wanna be trance is not doing too well with me ! I wish Either Scott Bond Or Seb Fontaine would come here. I wish some other club manager In NYC were as smart as Mike From Twilo. For christ sake he is booking most of Europe's best. I still love Twilo for the Djs that come there. I just wish the place was bigger. Way too many in there !! You can't even dance anymore so fucking crowded. I'm crossing my fingers and I'm hoping that the club Home opens up here soon. It would be cool to see other Djs besides Sasha and dig.

P.S: In case you did not know. PVD is my fav DJ !! ( I go nuts when I see him ) Scott bond spins similar material. If I have to make the trip to Gatecrasher again so be it.

hoping to catch him in Ibiza !

------------------

Scott Bond is pretty tight. I saw him at GC2000-he was one of the last guys to go on and I thought his set was better than anyones-PVD (his was interuppted but the fucking idiot who climbed the scaffolding), Oakey, Sasha, etc.

I'm gonna see him again this summer at Gatecrasher.

Hopefully he'll come to NY sometime soon.

eric

------------------

Blkraven>

I noticed that you said that you're getting tired of the deep and dark sound that S & D are playing. Well, I just wanted to mention that Scott Bond also changed his style a bit into that dark progressive sound that you call wannabe trance.

I am sure Gatecrasher will be doing a summer tour here in NYC. I think I saw it on their website. I don't quite remember the date. I'll try and find out...

ps- I was at GC2000 as well. I had a good time, but it wasn't worth all the cash I spent.

------------------

Here! Here! New faces would definately be a good thing!! I would like to see Nick Warren as well. Besides him . . . DJ Tiesto and Ferry Corsten -- MOST DEFINATELY!!!

BlueAngel

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

I also vote for Scott Bond!! Not only did he produce one of my fav. alltime records, "I'm not going home", but I have a few sets of his and they are wonderful..

2 others I would love to hear live, Ferry Corsten and Armin Van Buuren...

-Jill

------------------

I second those opinions. I would love to hear Nick Warren. I just got turned on to his stuff and it is thick. I am also down with Ferry. The Trance Nation anthology (1,2,3) is great. It would be cool to hear him live and off the hook.

Nice call Blue and Wiz.

------------------

I haven't even moved to New York yet (July) so it's a little early for me to start complaining, but I have noticed that it seems like Twilo brings the same superstar names you hear everywhere and no one seems to bring the lesser-known names that have similar talent level. To me their Wednesday night lineup looks more interesting than their Friday. But they seem like the only ones doing this. Someone else needs to get a night going and bring some good DJs over. A little competiton would improve things and educate more people about what good music is.

But I've been living in Hungary for 3 years, and Nick Warren was really the first big-name DJ to start playing here regularly (other than Sven Vath, but I don't really like him so he doesn't count). I've seen him here 5 times now, including that party where they made the GU 11 Budapest CD. Personally I enjoy his stuff more than S&D. Not so many drumrolls, and more interesting tracks. The other DJ that plays here really regularly is Anthony Pappa, and I saw him play an 8 hour set once that I would put up against any DJ. More sort of banging hard house than trance, but with lots of different sounds blended together. Really brilliant. They don't have the same star-studded names like S&D, PVD, Cox, etc. but they can spin with the best of them. Someone needs to realise that as great as these guys are, and I love them too don't get me wrong, they are not the only wicked DJs in the world. Not only that but if someone could get a club night up and running I'm sure they could book these kind of guys much cheaper than the superstars. So what are we waiting for?

JohnB

------------------

Besides Armin, DJ Tiesto (Who are quite kewl) I also enjoy Dave Ralph...I know he is a resident at Karma and is comming to Whistle 3...I wish he came to Twilo too....

BTW. I liked S&D's earlier stuff...but the last time I saw them play at Twilo I didn't really have a good time...maybe if they went back to Trance instead of the progressive shit then I would go back...

Also...

If GOD was a DJ he's name would be Paul Van Dyk !!!

------------------

You can expect Seb sometime in the fall.I know who'll be handling his state side gigs.

I'll keep this board posted as I find out more.

FYI - It's hard to find appropriate venues for big name euro DJs. Twilo has that weekly scene locked up and a lot of agents don't like dealing with them. To throw a succesful one off party is risky at other clubs (expensive to promote, competing local parties, etc...). Oakenfold is a good example he played music houses until he built up a large enough crowd to pack Roxy and that club only became available on Fridays recently.

------------------

You can expect Seb sometime in the fall.I know who'll be handling his state side gigs.

I'll keep this board posted as I find out more.

FYI - It's hard to find appropriate venues for big name euro DJs. Twilo has that weekly scene locked up and a lot of agents don't like dealing with them. To throw a succesful one off party is risky at other clubs (expensive to promote, competing local parties, etc...). Oakenfold is a good example he played music houses until he built up a large enough crowd to pack Roxy and that club only became available on Fridays recently.

------------------

You mentioned that you prefer more or a trance style sound, but I saw Scott Bond recently on the Gatecrasher tour with Binary Finary in Australia and all he played was hard house, what I want to know is when will NYC be blessed by Sister Bliss, when I saw her on the Renaissance tour with Dave Seaman and Richie Hawtin her set blew them both away.

------------------

You mentioned that you prefer more or a trance style sound, but I saw Scott Bond recently on the Gatecrasher tour with Binary Finary in Australia and all he played was hard house, what I want to know is when will NYC be blessed by Sister Bliss, when I saw her on the Renaissance tour with Dave Seaman and Richie Hawtin her set blew them both away.

------------------