Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How old is everyone, how long have you been clubin and how do you pay for it?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28--ouch!--but look no older than 23 wink.gif just started like a year ago (late bloomer) ..was trapped in a relationship for a VERY long time and i am now spreading my wings and loving it!!! $$ from working smile.gif ..it is expensive if you don't have connections ..but it is soooo worth it!!

------------------

I'm 24 years old, and have been partying for about 2 years now. I've been a part of Corporate America since 1994, so that's how I support my oh so fun habits.

------------------

Keep it movin'!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

I'm 24, I've been in and out since I was 16, I know some people and work thasts how I pay... I use to promote... years ago.. before "everyone " was a promoter.. LOL.. ( what I mean by that is when you kind of had to know some one and not evryone and thier mother had a list. smile.gif )

------------------

the best things in life are free

lecy337@hotmail.com

24 and I pay for with my paycheck from work. I make good money, but it all goes to the bars and clubs in this city!!!

Oh I have been in the club scene for about 3 years now, but the bar scene for a long time.

------------------

[This message has been edited by worden27 (edited 06-01-2000).]

Sup club heads?

Been around a while. I am 27 and have been clubbing since I was 14. Origianlly from Miami, I moved up here last year to pursue a different scene.

Due to some of the parties I promote for, I usually (not always) get comps or reduced. I don't mind paying though if the line-up is worth it. I've payed up to $75 to party so money isn't a problem.

I used to fly up on the weekends to check out Junior at Palladium. Remember those 'Arena' days? I can't believe I used to go nuts for him. I can't even stand the shite he plays now. That's it........Time for me to shut up smile.gif

easy

------------------

I am 23 and I have been going out since 93'...I caught the last few great years in NYC...there are some good parties now...but then there was soo many great parties...SF(original),USA,Limelight,Tunnel,Nasa,and alot of great raves. I usually get hooked up from people I know or meet.

------------------

Hey everyone

Im 22, and I've been out of the club scene for a LONG time beleive it or not, But i started goin at like 14-15 to palladium, for some reason aphrodite liked me and all my lil friends and let us in. Then a lotta the limelite, and even more of the tunnel, kurfew parties smile.gif

oh, and i used to get comped, but sadly to say i dont know anyone in the scene anymore so Id probably have to pay. frown.gif

buh bi

nik

------------------

I'm only 20, not even old enough to go out, but been doing the same thing since I was 17 growing up in Manhattan, I can pay for it because I'm throwing the parties I'm going to. you feel me? If anyone would be down, I'm throwing a party at SACI this Saturday.

Talk about late bloomers!! I made the big mistake of getting married at 21 (what was I thinking??) and am just getting out of it now at 28. I also had a itty bitty baby boy when I was 17 so I didn't get a chance to go out much. Well, imagine all the pent up energy when I went to my first club this (are you ready for this??) past January. It was Exit I was amazed and changed for life. Well, I'm catching up now. Thank God I can pass for early 20's!! Mom by day, club kid by night (every other weekend when the ex has the boys that is!) So, better late than never. I keep telling my 2 boys that they have the coolest Mother in the school! I'm finally getting to act irresponsible and loving it!!

------------------

I'm 38 and I've been clubbing since I was 18 that was legal back in the days. I started by paying to get in and then once the Door People know you you start to get comp in.If you're a real club goer youjust go if they comp you fine if not have the money to pay.Once you have been around people start to know you and offer a <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guest list</A> or comp. There is a set group of Legendary New Yorkers that have been around anad now are comp where thay go. I'd like to say I'm one of those.

------------------

Originally posted by anthony:

I'm 37,look much younger.Been clubbing since I was 19.Started out at the Paradise Garage and went on to party at Better Days,Trax,Bassline-(Junior Vasquez),Mars,Tunnel,The Building,Sound Factory,Vault.I'm still partying and my place is the Roxy's/Twilo Saturdays.

Guess I'm the Grandfather on this board.

Peace

are you still married and the Father of the House of Aviance

------------------

Right now I'm 21, so I guess I'm one of the youngest on this board, been clubbing since I was 18, but didnt really start to get into it until 2 years ago overseas cause its 18 drinking age, I love London's and Australia's clubs, at the same time, nothing beats the NYC vibe. pay for it in cash or get a friend to spot me.

------------------

i am only 20 too...started when i was 17, in the infamous tunnel and my first E..CK it was a blast...hee hee. Now mainly twilo, SF and limelight. and i belong to those unlucky onces who have to pay out loot to get in..never been comped yet so if anybody out there wanna make my nite and comp me let me know.

L

------------------

Im 32. A real late bloomer. I always used to avoid clubs. Too shy for that. Anyway, I started clubbing on a regular basis over a year ago when I went to London. Decided to come to NY and hit all the clubs. Started going to places like Vanity, Webster Hall,13, Culture Club, Tunnel, Limelight, Twilo for PVD, Cox, and Seaman,--Roxy for Oakie. And these days I spend my Saturday nights at EXIT. Still need to go and check out the Factory. Im a SF virgin.

Before all that, my first NYC club was Copacabana about 8 years ago for a company party. And a few years ago my coworkers took me to Blue Moose(now, Culture Club). Went there several times.

Pay for it from my paycheck.

------------------

im still only 20, been clubbin for just over a year (yea, a lil late i guess), but ive definitely made up for that now! my 1st club was tunnel, had a blast! now its all about factory and exit... still gotta check out limelight tho. i get reduced admission and pay cash from my lil part time job when im not in school... if anyone wants to comp me, id be grateful wink.gif anyways, keep the vibe goin, and ill see u on the dance floor!

------------------