Clubplanet Nightlife Community

In your opinion.. which club has the best sound system...

A few people on here mention that Twilo's sound is at peak performance when Junior plays. Perhaps it could be because the dj booth downstairs is analog and Junior's is all digital. Help me out on this one Randy...

They're moving the dj booth to the other side and it's supposed to be digital as well.

Club Abyss, I thought it was Hunka Bunka...Bro we've got a serious disagreement here...In order of best sound here we go my choice's

1. Hunka Bunka

2. Metro Lounge

3. Joey's In Clifton

4. The Surf Club

5. Cyberia

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Originally posted by ILL HOUSE YOU:

Club Abyss, I thought it was Hunka Bunka...Bro we've got a serious disagreement here...In order of best sound here we go my choice's

1. Hunka Bunka

2. Metro Lounge

3. Joey's In Clifton

4. The Surf Club

5. Cyberia

HAHA LMAO!! biggrin.gif

-Rob

Guest crystalmethodny

Mac,

LMAO

Hahahha

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Guest bonzai

TWILO HAS JUST UPGRADED THE SYSTEM SO NOW IT WILL SOUND BETTER THEN EVER..

IF ANY OF YOU GUYS KNOW THE BEST SOUND SYSTEM THAT USED TO BE AROUND WAS THE RICHARD LONG SYTEM IN PARADISE GARAGE WHICH IS NOW IN MINISTRY OF SOUND IN THE U.K

PARIDISE GARAGE SOLD THEM THE SYTEM FOR $500,000 BACK IN THE DAYS.

THE BATTLE IS BETWEEN RICHARD LONG/STEVE DASH

(phazon).

Nolimit,

When you're talking analog vs digital, you're really looking at a much grander picture than most people realize.

The system at my club is all digi from the mixing board on out to the monitors. The input devices, however, go from digital CD's, my computer and syths, all the way to my favorite Technics turntables.

There's SO many things taht can attribute to the overall system. When I saw Junior play,(*sob* I wanna be back in NY) I noticed that his input devices were all over the place, and he did knob tweaks before each switch. He's a master, and I guess that part of it just comes with being that damned good.

Acoustics also play a major role. If your club is big and open with hard surfaces, the bass will often sound better, but the reverberation and echo will almost kill the experience. Conversely, if your club is open with a lot of carpeted or cloth covered surfaces, the echo will be reduced, but the bass has a tendancy to get defeated.

A well-though and built club system can change the whole experience, and I think that Twilo has done an amazing job of this.

Has anyone been to or heard about the club, Fabric, in London? It opened almost a year ago and is supposed to have one of the most state-of-the-art soundsystems around. I went there twice a few months ago and have to attest, it's unbelievable.

One thing I thought was cool was that there were three big rooms, all essentially connected, not by narrow hallways, but by open spaces, but none of the sound from one room would bleed into another. i.e., there is a chillout area right outside one of the main dance rooms and the music in there is all you hear, you don't get a mix of that and what is being played in the next room. i'm sure it's by some miracle of architecture and accoustics, but i was impressed.

I'm curious if anyone knows the specific details... i think i heard it was one of the most expensive sound systems around, but not sure if that's true.

-tg

Without a doubt - Cream in Liverpool (U.K.). They have a system that cost millions and they claim that wherever you are standing in the club, the music is in perfect stereo.

I've tried this and I've been far too wasted to be able to discern night from day, let alone of both my ears are receiving the equal amount of decibellage (is that a word?) - it sounded bloody good though.

I must admit that Twilo is pretty good though.

I don't think Cream would top off Twilo's sound. I've heard about Fabric's sound system as being one of the best but none of them come close to Twilo.

Next time you're at Twilo. Go directly underneath the ball and just listen. It's going to blow you away!

Guest Shawn Mass

And the consensus says.....

Twilo, hands down.

Wow, I thought for sure there would be some heated arguments! Guess not..

-Shawn

------------------

-Shawn

shawnmass@clubbersworld.com

www.clubbersworld.com

Guest crystalmethodny

HighBPM,

When I finally get to England, you're taking me clubbing!

LOL wink.gif

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Never been but I've got a few mates that live in the UK and have been and they've also been to Twilo. In comparison, Twilo edged it.

What happened to Cream?? I heard that they recently raided the place and they've been given only an 8 month temporary license. What's going on with that?

Crystal - you got it mate. It would be my pleasure.

There really is nothing like it (in my opinion) and I think it's just going to keep on getting better.

I'll be back there in September for at least 6 months so if you can get across, let me know!

Nolimit - I'm afraid so.

The council are trying to revoke their licence. Since Oakey left it has gone downhill and the old 'refined' crowd has been replaced by a younger, less-educated crowd who make the usualy mistakes with drugs. There have been some problems so I wouldn't be surprised if the place is on its last legs. A shame - the end of an era.

My brother is going next weekend so he should give me the details. I'll let you know.