Clubplanet Nightlife Community

am I the only one who thinks...

Those of us who have always wondered why these cheesy commercial DJs keep playing in front of big crowds and making loads of money even though everyone knows they suck have our answer with this thread. They can serve up some simple shit with a loud bass and beats and make people move who can't feel the music. If you can feel the music, you know DT is all that and much more.

BTW, he's only my 2nd favourite DJ, I like Digweed best. But they have similar styles now so you see where I'm coming from. Give it to me deep and dark!

JohnB

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crystalmethodny

Abstrakt (Ali)

Hands down, great post.

You get my vote for 'fiznag of the day' oh wait... that's everyday wink.gif

Props to Abstrakt!

Props to Danny Tenaglia for making so many of my nights enjoyable since Tunnel, and even before. Especially... dancing sober... what a feeling.

Looking forward to this Friday.

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Originally posted by shannah:

I bought the Welcome to the Club cd. Yeah, most of the songs are pretty old but awesome none the less. Does he spin anywhere regularly? Also, is that how you chose your username?

Sal Parm will be the guest DJ at Hush on June 27th.

PS-I think the ranters need to calm down. We may all have our opinions but in the end it all comes down to the music and how it makes you feel - sober or not. Either way, make the best of it and if it sucks time and again don't go see that DJ anymore. Pretty simple.

I have to agree with sal cheese steak or is it Philly Parm sandwich....I dont know.... the both of you are right about DT. One word about DT " he is horrible " ok 3 words. But every DJ does deserve a chance.

Hold it for a hot sec. Everybody has a right to their own op,but to come off and say that DT is weak is a cause for some major drama. For all those folks who remember DT at the Tunnel back in the day, he played some real rugged shit. I guess " Elements" isn't hard enough for you "HARDCORE" Kats..haha LAUGHING MY GREEK ASS OFF

First off I am not Sal Parm. I wish I was. Abstrakt where did you come from with all of this:

Oh by the way "Sal Parm"...I didn't see any of the DJs you mentioned on the top DJ 100 list. Or have any other global underground CDs. An with the exception of Johnny Vicious, they dont play anywhere else than NYC. And they get zero respect in this city and abroad. DT has gigs from here to Iran, he goes on tours frequently to packed clubs who don't stop talking about him for weeks on end. So what are you talking about? If you were really Sal Parm I don't think you would make a comment like that...and if you are, you're not really in a position to talk, cause you bit the synth riff to your lil track "Gotta Have Love" dub from the riff from "Feel Free" by Yves Derutyer, which was ironically on DANNY TENAGLIA'S Global Underground CD...so step off."

Top 100 list! Fuck off!! I don't need 100 DJ's, I just need a few. DT is blows get it out of your mind. Come with me, take off you shitty rave clothes, learn how to dress lose the glow stix, get away from your 18 year old rave friends with the fake ID's and come to a real club. GO to Sound Factory or EXIT and get a clue. DT has international status but do I like him? No! Does any of my frinds?"

I feel the music. Not just house, trance, hip-hop, metal, rock, R&B! All of the music. I love music just as much as the next person on this board.

If none of the DJ's that I mention get no respect why is there 7000+ people at EXIT on a Saturday night? Well lets see it must be the MUSIC! THE REALLY GOOD MUSIC!!!

STEP OFFFF!!!!!

Hey sal cheese steak settle down or the dog is gonna chew you up and spit you out. and the reason there is 7000 people at EXIT every weekend is because there is atleast 7000 people who could not afford a summer house. EXIT has about 6 months before it turns into another ENVY. As word gets out clubs get ruined so shhhhhhhhhhh be quietttt SAL.

Hey Sal-I'm digging your line and your taste in tunes but you gotta chill man. Stop yelling at people, it does nothing but annoy everyone and continue the drama that has rambled on all day.

I also agree that Exit is one of the coolest clubs right now with some of the hottest tunes. The funny thing is that Exit and SoundFactory are where you'll find the glow stick carrying, e-tripping fiends but I love it cause the music kicks ass (and being sober isn't all that bad sometimes)!

'Is it the music...or is it...the X?'

amen Sal...ever post on this site about DT makes god-like references to this guy. Post somethinng about a dj from exit and that person is crucified for being a sell-out or too commercial. Is nice to see that not everyone in NY feels so passionate for a guy who I think has been escaping the criticism for too long. DT had his days at the tunnel but his act is getting old. Time for some fresh new DJs to shine. Give me a Sal Parm, Franki Magz, or Eddie Baez you can have your Junior and DT.

salparm,I'm not responding to debate DT with ya . . . but I think I should inform you that Abstrakt is not a glow-sticking raver nor is he 18 yearsold. I've met him . . . briefly before. wink.gif

Furthermore, I've been to Exit and it's FILLED with ravers wearing raver clothes playing with glowsticks . . . and I would say 90% of them looked like they still belong in high school. rolleyes.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

salparm,I'm not responding to debate DT with ya . . . but I think I should inform you that Abstrakt is not a glow-sticking raver nor is he 18 yearsold. I've met him . . . briefly before. wink.gif

Furthermore, I've been to Exit and it's FILLED with ravers wearing raver clothes playing with glowsticks . . . and I would say 90% of them looked like they still belong in high school. rolleyes.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

i think "salparm" "phillyboy" and "ghettohigh" are the same people... Just another dork with nothing better to do then start drama.... and if you're not the same person, you all have that "dork" trait in common! biggrin.gif

i see it this way, if you can do a better job yourslef then keep ur mouth shut. (which for the lesser educated of the bunch means IF YOU CAN'T SPIN BETTER THEN DT SHUT THE FUCK UP!)

Originally posted by salparm:

Abstrakt where did you come from with all of this:

Top 100 list! Fuck off!! I don't need 100 DJ's, I just need a few. DT is blows get it out of your mind. Come with me, take off you shitty rave clothes, learn how to dress lose the glow stix, get away from your 18 year old rave friends with the fake ID's and come to a real club. GO to Sound Factory or EXIT and get a clue. DT has international status but do I like him? No! Does any of my frinds?"

I feel the music. Not just house, trance, hip-hop, metal, rock, R&B! All of the music. I love music just as much as the next person on this board.

If none of the DJ's that I mention get no respect why is there 7000+ people at EXIT on a Saturday night? Well lets see it must be the MUSIC! THE REALLY GOOD MUSIC!!!

First off, i definetly feel like most people on the board that everyone has the right to decide what kind of music they like, to each his own yada yada yada... But you my friend need to settle down and get some facts straight. You not liking DT is your own choice, but doesn't mean he's any less then anyone you like. It just mean you don't like him. Why can't you just grow up and say i don't like his style and leave it at that. If people still attack you then they're the assholes. I happen to love johnny vicious but to compare him and DT is ridiculous cuz there styles are soooooo different.

As for DT, i think his success speaks for itself. I mean he rocked the wmc and they feen for him across the pond. If you ask me, his success is defined by the fact that he can reach more people w/ his music. I'm no defeding the whole, new york house is weak argument b/c i do enjoy it. But DT, in my opinion is an artist, a true master of the decks. I also don't blame a lot of dj's for going commercial either. The bottom line is that dj's are spinning b/c its there job. If they produce or spin commercial music its b/c they're paid to. For the millionth time, don't blame them for doing their job, just don't go see them. I'm sure a lot of them wouldnt' spin half the commercial records they did if it wasn't their JOB. As for DT not being commercial, that was and is his choice, and i'm glad he does what he does b/c i thoroughly enjoy it.

About the music- personally i think exit is more popular b/c of the venue and not the music. Big city clubs are all so simlilar music wise, its tough to see how that can be the reason for anyone going to any particular club.

Oh, and lose the glowsicks that are everywhere??? I think you need to check your facts buddy, not at vinyl-exit is overrun w/ them as is every big club in nyc.

"First off I am not Sal Parm. I wish I was." Are you f'in kiddin me? You may like sal parm's music, great good for you- just get off his dick already.

just a whole lotta my $.02

-Rob

Originally posted by salparm:

First off I am not Sal Parm. I wish I was. Abstrakt where did you come from with all of this:

STEP OFFFF!!!!!

Well, as a personal friend of Abstrakt, I can tell you he is one of the most well dressed people I know..

Second, Abstrakt does NOT play with glowsticks..

Third.. Where the hell did you come from anyway?? Is it too hard to think of your OWN screen name?? Your impersonating a HORRIBLE music producer..

What the matter?? Dont like what I'm saying?? PLASMIC HONEY IS HORRIBLE.. The day Sal Parm gets as much respect around the world as Danny ( or even in New York for that matter ) I will jump off the Empire State Building..

You suck, and Plasmic Honey sucks.. I think your the one who needs to get a clue brotha..

Go crawl back under the rock you came from asshole.. finger.gif

------------------

Go F Yourself..

[This message has been edited by tranza (edited 06-21-2000).]

Frankie Magz? Baez????

Yeah, if you like train trax drum roll shit. DT is UNDERGROUND all the way baby, the true NYC sound. The other guys are good for Joisey. See you at Abyss, NOT!

Originally posted by ghettohigh:

that DT is the most overrated DJ in this city. I have seen DT spin on numerous occasions but I have yet to enjoy his music. I'll take a Frankie Magz or Baez on the turntable any day over DT.

------------------

Nestor

"That's House!"

DAmn.. see all the drama I miss at night! hey play nice... lol..who really cares..it's a differnt style,..we all agree...and different opinions.. Sal pepperoni..or beef steak.. who ever.. crawl back under the rock in wich you came from.....

Tranza.. Pfloyd.. I love your well stated thoughts.. "and everything will FLOW...flow..flow...." biggrin.gif

PLAY NICE!

------------------

"lets dance , lets shout.. shake your body down to the ground..."

lecy337@hotmail.com

DAmn.. see all the drama I miss at night! hey play nice... lol..who really cares..it's a differnt style,..we all agree...and different opinions.. Sal pepperoni..or beef steak.. who ever.. crawl back under the rock in wich you came from.....

Tranza.. Pfloyd.. I love your well stated thoughts.. "and everything will FLOW...flow..flow...." biggrin.gif

PLAY NICE!

------------------

"lets dance , lets shout.. shake your body down to the ground..."

lecy337@hotmail.com

Dude, I think your just droppin' drama here. Either that, or, you like KTU. Probably the latter. Although, I must say, I cruised by KTU in my friends car at like 4 in the morning like 2 weeks ago on saturday, and it was bangin'! Literally. No commercial music being played at all! Reminded me of the old hot97 sat. night dance parties, back, back, back in the days! But, even still, go back to the KTU caves kid smile.gif!

well since i have been urged to be more positive......

you are entitled your own oppinion

i am sure this is not a post out of stupidity

and i cherish you thoughts

wink.gif

------------------

0asisnyc.8m.com

(oasis9389@aol.com)