Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can I get a review of the New PVD and Sasha&Digweed Albums?

sucked!!! I bought it, returned it =(

I think Sasha is ok, (alone) but I've checked out some of Digweed stuff and I don't think I am really into that kind of shit man. Check this out... "Digweed Global Underground" Terrrrrrrrrrrible, Terrrrrrrrible... Don't waist your money.

Digweed is awesome, his stuff is a bit darker but he def has his own style of spinning......haven't heard the new PVD or sasha and digweed, but i have heard that they are at the Virgin Megastore on the 29th signing their new cd..........The new pvd supposedly is good, he's the man anways...........Laterz

Guest genevieve

Leave it to Sasha &John Digweed to NEVER disappoint me. I LOVE their new album. It's their best one to date. Alot more underground,but SAUVE as usual I highly recommend anything they produce. Believe me, I've been a true fan from the early 90's. I never miss them when they come to Miami.

I got both . . .

PVD is of course without a doubt "GOD" in a human form!! biggrin.gif hehehe. And it is NOT all trancy . . there are couple of tracks in there that are kind break beatish . . . for example "Columbia". Great track!! Although my favorite is "Love from above" and "Together we will conquor" . . . beautiful, BEAUTIFUL tracks!! It is worth the money and then some!!

I didn't completely hear the whole S&D album . . . cause their dark music just doesn't get to me, but I heard parts of it and it was actually okay. It's not as dark as when they spin at Twilo but it's dark nonetheless. I couldn't sit there and listen to all of it cause I think I would go insane but if you're into Sasha's dark music then I'm sure you'll love it.

BlueAngel

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

Okay, here's my question to all of this 'darkness' What does that mean??? Is it too slow for you? Is it really that dark? Explain. I'd like to know what you guys mean by that.

I bought Communicate 2 days ago and I find that both CDs are worth the $16. The mixing is flawless, with ofcourse, the use of 'protools' and some of the tracks I could of done without. i.e. West on 27th, Roaches, and Ruhe. Those tracks are done... Also, I'd like to mention that the packaging is crap. What's with the slanted sleeve notes. It looks horrible. Someone at Kinetic did this in 5 minutes.

I finally got to hear PvD's new CD and I wouldn't buy it. It's not my thing anymore.

I would of loved this a year ago...

i think the new s&d is too un-natural sounding...i like some of the tracks but as a whole im not happy with it..

i appreciated the hong kong digweed cd much more..yes its dark..but it has so much feeling progressing from track to track...specially on cd 1...thats where i think communicate fails.

the new pvd...is just what it is...the new pvd. same sound that u expect to hear from him in clubs. but i can't help not listening to it...makes me feel immature in a way.

simple album that i think i achieves what pvd is trying to express. i liked it. it made me happy. =)

Sup peeps... Everytime there is some sort of review of anything on this board, I noticed that a lot of messages contained different opinions, whether it be negative or positive.

That's fine... I do have a problem with those that tend to reply and just say 'IT SUCKS' with no sort of information to back up why you thought it sucked. That's when it gets more interesting. Explain why it sucked, or don't say anything at all...

Okay . . . to "ME" dark music is this errie/bass like sound effect. It's beat is not as fast as tech house and MOST definately not happier. It's got more of a mono tone and it's very repetitive like techno but techno is a much faster beat.

At least to me that was it is. biggrin.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .