Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is you First Impression of SF?????????????

Last week was my first time at SF. I was all hyped up and ready for some out of control music. I was presented with a performance that lasted about 45 min and a span of time where the lights were on due to a fire alarm. Maybe these things messed the night up a little but the music never got any better. I don't want to at all start DRAMA or piss anyone off. I have heard plenty of JP songs and they are heavy as hell. If anyone was there on Sat what was the deal??? Was the music good? Is it always like that??? I just could not get into it!

Not to mention that I was totally sober. Maybe that was the key!

Help??

My first time at SF was about 2 years ago. Back then it was PHAT!!!!, when Eddie Baez used to be good, and the guinnea's didnt rule the scene. Now it sucks!! My opinion, Jonathan Peters sucks!!!!! (sober or not) Just my 2 cents.

Last saturday was also my first time at SF. Thoughts are that the club is dingy and the crowd sucks but the music kicked ass. I would step foot in there again just to hear the hard heavy beats JP was spinnin.

PS-I was sober too (but a little buzz would've been nice)!

biggrin.gif

I didn't really mind the music so much. It was trancy but not terrible. I mean I have heard a lot better music than that before. The crowd seemed very tight. I don't know from a first time stand point I felt almost like an outsider. It was almost like the same crowd stood in there designated spots all night long. It was like a territorial kind of situation. That was not the coolest thing in the world. Maybe I need to give it another shot. I found that sitting down was better than staning up and dancing. I just could not move to that music.

I was there too and was also not feeling it upstairs. I dunno, maybe my funky mood had something to do w/it. I decided to chill downstairs most of the nite. I think everyone should check out Cleavland(i know i spelled that wrong) in the basement. He spins a lot of old skool house. Everybody who was downstairs was happy and having a great time.

deedz

Too many vocal for my liking on Saturday Night but only stayed until by 6:30 am. I heard the place was slammin all the way through 11. It was refreshing to hear some older house in the basement plus it was way cooler than the main room.

factory is mostly comprised of regulars, and if you go regularly you will see the same people hangin in the same spots. but thats the vibe at factory, everyones got their own thing and yet its all about the whole thing. get it? had to be there.

Originally posted by airwave1:

I didn't really mind the music so much. It was trancy but not terrible. I mean I have heard a lot better music than that before. The crowd seemed very tight. I don't know from a first time stand point I felt almost like an outsider. It was almost like the same crowd stood in there designated spots all night long. It was like a territorial kind of situation. That was not the coolest thing in the world. Maybe I need to give it another shot. I found that sitting down was better than staning up and dancing. I just could not move to that music.

Yeah I think the vibe upstairs was very strange. I was downstaris too and it was a good time. I was a little taken back by the guys with the helmets (Headspins) A little to much for me. I am going to give it a try again I just need to pick a better night I guess. Maybe I will stay later too!

Originally posted by deedlez:

I was there too and was also not feeling it upstairs. I dunno, maybe my funky mood had something to do w/it. I decided to chill downstairs most of the nite. I think everyone should check out Cleavland(i know i spelled that wrong) in the basement. He spins a lot of old skool house. Everybody who was downstairs was happy and having a great time.

deedz

I don't think it was Cleveland spinning downstairs last Sat. ...I've met C. before and I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the guy at the tables this past Sat.

------------------

...Ph0eniX

[This message has been edited by Ph0eniX (edited 06-28-2000).]

Originally posted by rally2000:

Yo POX! It was good to see you again too and the whole crew! I'll make a trip down to the shore one of these weekends ... I'm sending out another cd package to Smokee tomorrow ... PEACE

Rally2k biggrin.gif

Can't say it enough times: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :-)

------------------

...Ph0eniX

First time there was a long time ago.. I love that place..

Airwave.. Lemme say one thing.. When JP is on point, he's fuckin ON!!! His hard sets are untouchable.. He plays too much trance, and vocal shit now.. But when he's playing hard, you will love it..

Try back when the Hamptons, shore closes down for the winter..

------------------

F U...

Yo SF is the shit but the summer time is the off season, every buddy is at the shore. The usuall SF crowd is at Tempts. Go there between october and march unfucking belivable. The crowd is on fire,and all the girls are strippers.

Originally posted by tempkid:

Yo SF is the shit but the summer time is the off season, every buddy is at the shore. The usuall SF crowd is at Tempts. Go there between october and march unfucking belivable. The crowd is on fire,and all the girls are strippers.

the Factory stereotypes: JuiceHeads & Strippers ...haha

------------------

...Ph0eniX

My first time at SF was when JP used to spin on fridays...and I thought it was amazing...I made the switch when he went to saturdays and continued to go for about 1 1/2 years and watched the crowd change alot and now I go occasionally...and I agree with the others he does play too much trance now...JP is sick when he is playing hard...I miss the old school SF songs like Sunshine, Respect and Jars of Clay...I wish they would have a SF classics night

>>>suprstr02