Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibiza ?

OK, I know this is sort of a stupid question. But, does anyone know of any cheap ibiza packages (under $1000) that I can get this late? Didn't think I could go before, but now I can and I'm screwed and EXTREMELY jealous of all going. Help?

Yeah, I kinda figured, but I have a friend who's there right now, and he flew stand-by for $380, called a week before leaving and found a hotel for $100/night. So I just wanted to see if anyone found something that good.

I don't know about the airfare, but I know that our hotel is $70 per night and it's a 4 star hotel in a decent area. The hotel is called Los Molinos.

Good Luck! biggrin.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"None is more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

You should be able to get a flight for about $600-700. A few freinds used to just go and then try to find a hotel over there. If you go to San Antonio you shouldn't have a problem finding a cheep cheep hotel. If there is a few of you sharing a room dont expect to pay more than $20-30 a night (each). There are loads of hotels away from the beaches that will be half empty and because you are cutting out the middle man you will get it much cheeper.

If you want some more info on where to go to get the hotels etc email me on davids909@hotmail.com.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

top.gif

Blu-

I stayed at Los Molinos in '97, my first Ibiza experience. I can say that the hotel is nice but rather strict. They didn't allow me to bring guests in after a certain time. That was my only complaint. You're tucked away in some corner overlooking the sea. Really nice view.

Yeh nolimit,

there are allot of strict hotels in Ibiza some people from last year got thrown out because they were playing music after 8 o'clock.

It's all the kids. Did you know the British consulate resigned because of the "bad image" British kids were giving England. He wasn't talking about the clubbing crowd, the locals have nothing but respect.

<Nolimit> I'm going to Ibiza for the closing parties too, I got my air tickets already, but I still have not booked a hotel yet. can you tell me where is this hotel that you are reffering to located and also where I can find more info on it.

------

kitty

Not going this year nolimit icon9.gif but i am going next. I am just about to book our villa for next year so if your interested let me know, BlueAngle is up for it too.

But i am comming to NY in august icon10.gif and a little later in the year, watch out because it's going to get messy!

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

Nolimit, really?? How about music? Will they let me play music during the night? Hmm . . . come to think of it, I guess I 'm gonna be out in the clubs at night, so I guess I won't have to worry about that. Was Los Molinos far away from all the clubs?

B2B, BOOK THAT VILLA, BABY!! WOO! HOO!! And what do you mean messy in New York? Would that be with bubbles? wink.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"No one will ever win the battle of the sexes;

there's too much fraternizing with the enemy."

- Henry Kissinger

Although a $1000 is really low considering you have to spend around $50 to get into the clubs there, you can definitely find decent motel for $40 for 2 people. I went last summer for the weekend while I was backpacking in Europe. It was a last minute thing in July and I found a motel in San Antonio (a bit shady) right by Es Paradis and Eden (clubs) for $40. And that was a room with 2 twin size beds and the place was honestly very clean. You should call the tourist office in Ibiza. They have all the info on where there are rooms available and they'll give you the lowdown.

B2B, I'm taking my labtop with me to Ibiza. So, if you do find out the name of the ticketing person . . . then please post it. I'm gonna try to hook up to the net from there.

Thanks for all your helpful tips.

BlueAngel

------------------

"No one will ever win the battle of the sexes;

there's too much fraternizing with the enemy."

- Henry Kissinger

This place is so full on and debauched it is just amazing. You just can´t fully believe it till you see it.

As soon as I got here I went to Space. I got there about 6 pm. The crowd was excellent, much better than I was expecting, not just young pissheads, but real clubbers more my age (I´m 25). Everyone was totally up for it, very friendly, and it was probably one of the most beautiful non-A list crowds I´ve ever been in. DT was supposed to come on at 7, but apparently he missed his flight and didn´t show up till late. But their resident was good, playing some upbeat, soulful house. Then Steve Lawler came on, and he was okay, but a bit dissappointing. The crowd was so up for the previous DJ, and it took him half an hour to play a track that really got the crowd going again. Wasn´t too impressed. (I´m not doing detailed reviews with track names, I don´t want this to be too long)

Then went inside and Carl Cox came on at 12:30. He really got people moving, but him playing before DT was a bit out of sequence, as he really wore a lot of people out. Finally, despite all the rumours that Danny wouldn´t show, he came on at 3:30. He started off slow, and kept taking the music down. I guess he could see how tired everyone was. Then around 5 he started to really play some tracks. He started with the Baguio Track, then played Put Your Hands on Me, Elements, and then blew everyone away with Flash. That was the peak of the night. He carried on till 7, then it was on to Bora Bora. I stayed for a while, but was too tired after 13 hours of non-stop dancing, so I didn´t make it there long.

Then Monday at Manumission was mad. Actually I didn´t think the party was that great. The music was kind of cheesy trance, the show was nothing special (Mike and Claire just had a baby so they weren´t in the show), and the crowd was more the pisshead type. But I ran into a guy I had met at Space the night before and he took me up to the VIP room. It was all very downhill from there. I don´t want to post everything, but I pretty well lost contact with reality. I met Mike Manumission, and lots of the ¨Ibiza family¨. Then we went back out to dance in the Trade hardhouse room around 7. Who was out there having it like a madman? Danny Tenaglia. He was waving his arms, totally into it. I talked to him for a while, but it couldn´t have been very interesting for him in the state I was in. Stayed till 9, then onto Space. Was there till about 1. Then went home and slept till midnight. I was dead. Had a pretty quiet one last night. Went to El Divino and didn´t like it too much. Lots of want-to-be A-list people. Good music, but no vibe. That was fine though, I was happy to be home early and have a rest. Made it to the beach for the first time today. Feeling up for it again tonight though, he he.

All you people headed here this summer will have a blast, just do some kind of training before you get here. wink.gif

JohnB

JohnB,

Good shit man.. Glad to hear you experienced a Space session.

I too heard that the Manumission parties aren't what they used to be. I urge you to check out the Renaissance parties at Privelege. They've got some nice line-ups this season.

I also recommend checking out Pacha. I think Roger Sanchez is resident for the Gatecrasher nights. Should be a nice change from the reputive cheezy trance image. That's where u see the beauties...

I bet you don't see too many obese people either.

Which beach did you go to?? U must see Salinas and go to Sa Trincha. Perhaps one of the coolest spots on the island. As Jon plays the baeleric grooves while you're chillin' under the sun. Don't forget to order pitchers of Sangria. The best drink IMO.

Red Bull & Vodka is another favorite.

Keep us informed.