Clubplanet Nightlife Community

twilos last nite

got there like 4, line was off the hook, randy they didnt wanna hear shit bout lists unless it was djs or managers. anyway we floated around outside till like 530 got in. someone said he just got done playing a really slow mellow set. well he was bangin by the time we got in. was happy to see that pauls style is evolving, he played a lot of tracks with depth and not a lot of candytrance, but is it me or are his latenite anythems the same ones he's been playing since last year> i dunno, but was fun. he rocked it till like 930, and we were screaming go till noon this is nyc. he gave a shy little smirk for that and still jetted. was a fun nite all in all. randy was lookin for you but couldnt find you.

vibe was butters as always, growd got to optimum capacity by like 6 which was cool.

------------------

deez nuts

[This message has been edited by p00h (edited 07-22-2000).]

Damn.. I called my friend thinking he wasnt gonna be in Twilo but he was.. He just put the phone down in the vip and i listend to him for like 15 minutes.. First 4 records.. He was rocking through the phone!!..lol.. I wish I could have been there..

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

my only complaints are...

the crowd was fairly unknowlegable..

seems like sound factory has invaded twilo..

loved the pvd remix of born slippy..but when he cut the volume to hear some crowd participation..he didn't get it..cause nobody knows the track.

there was also a lack of participation on BT's dreaming when he cut the volume again..

He's never done that before at twilo..

Guess he was in the mood..more comfortable w cause he doesn't have crowds watching his every move in the old booth.

was in the middle all night so didn't notice anything outside of the dance floor.

i enjoyed it. no cheese really. i left at 7:30.im suprised i missed another 2 hours.

normally ends at 8-8:30.

z

[This message has been edited by sleepiswaste (edited 07-22-2000).]

PVD definetely plays beatiful music...I only wish he wouldn't make his sets so soft, I like trance but I think he could've thrown in a few more hard tracks. Everything was great except that twilo totally does not give a fuck about the legal capacity of the club-- between 2 and 5:30 I had to look for spots where i could dance without smacking someone by an accident. got in at 11:30 -- left at seven cause i couldn't feel my legs anymore. loved the fog...

I agree, PVD is definately changing his style . . . more tech-house and breakbeat trance. Love the way he is evolving!!

bounce.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe

is that no one has bothered to make contact with us."

People were cheering like crazy when Born Slippy came on - What did you expect them to do, sing the words in unison? - but It was kind of akward sounding when the beats turned way down all of a sudden

It seemed like his set was very hard and upbeat, even the tranciest of the songs.

Originally posted by sleepiswaste:

my only complaints are...

the crowd was fairly unknowlegable..

seems like sound factory has invaded twilo..

loved the pvd remix of born slippy..but when he cut the volume to hear some crowd participation..he didn't get it..cause nobody knows the track.

there was also a lack of participation on BT's dreaming when he cut the volume again..

He's never done that before at twilo..

Guess he was in the mood..more comfortable w cause he doesn't have crowds watching his every move in the old booth.

was in the middle all night so didn't notice anything outside of the dance floor.

i enjoyed it. no cheese really. i left at 7:30.im suprised i missed another 2 hours.

normally ends at 8-8:30.

z

[This message has been edited by sleepiswaste (edited 07-22-2000).]

bro i dont know what party u were at, but the crowd was very knowledgable and everytime he cut the volume the crowd was totally with him. and many a track when he didnt even cut the volume the crowd went wild cuz they recognized it. everyone keeps saying twilo crowd is getting shadier etc etc. for the most part the people in there on any given nite are there for the music. i'd say more than 3/4 of the people are there for the particular dj for the nite, which is prolly much more than any other club/party. the change you're seeing in there is actually that its not a totally rave scene anymore, and people are bitching cuz people who get all dressed up and come out are comming to twilos, and everyone's saying factory's invading twilo. open your fuckin minds and quit stereotyping people. if u're there with your friends you really shouldnt be concerned with the rest of the people anyway unless they're harassing you or stumbling all over you or something like that, and the twilo crowd, current and of the past, has never been like that. best vibe of any club hands down.

------------------

deez nuts

ok..got your point..

but..

twilo has always been mixed..

the dressy has always been there..

it has never been a total rave scene..

when van dyk dropped the volume...they were vocal tracks..he expected the crowd to fill in..and where i was standing 3/4 of the people around me didn't know the track.

the 30 people around me on the line asked me if paul van dyk was any better then jonathan peters..

and the harrasment bit...the huge meatheads kept pushing people away from the chicks they were dancing with.

and finally..

im very open minded..

i just stated observations..my perception of the night..in comparison to past nights

these things didn't bother me...im not being snotty..just explaining the night i saw.

i could give a fuck about whos there.

its the music that grabs me..nothing else.

z

Guest danmoro

I agree with you on the meatheads. Big sweaty meatheads with swinging jaws and no shirts should definitely stick to Temps and Sound Factory. That was the most I've ever seen at Twilo and the ones that were near me were very obnoxious and pushy.

PVD definitely ripped it up though. Luis Diaz rocked the place also.

------------------

Dan

biggrin.gif PVD was sick... it had to be the best set i have ever heard, the man is a trance god. as for the guy who died it is a shame. i think i might have seen him flipping out bc i saw some guy being held up and carried aroundn by a couple of people. unfortunately he did not look so good, but i really did't see what happened to him after that. could be the guy, but then again might not be.

But PVD played a sick show "born slippy" was awesome, love the way he slipped that in there during the night, and how he just had me captivated with the music.. he is the man.

on another added bonus saw some big guy really big guy grinding with some girl (that is not the bonus) but when the girl squatted down when she was dancing i got a little peek not on purpose i just happened to be sitting at the time, but yes no underwear you guessed it. oh the sites you will see at PVD... biggrin.gif