Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why are the top DJsplaying Zombie Nation?

Why is it like DJs like Oakenfold, Carl Cox and others play that wretched song Zombie Nation?? I thought they knew what good music was?

I heard Oakenfold finished his Hamptons set and his recent Creamfields last week with the song and I heard that Cox spun it friday night. What the hell??

Sorry just venting a little...but I'm sure most of you out there agree.

Here's Oakey's recent Creamfields track listings:

Paul Oakenfold

U2 - 'Beautiful Day (Perfecto Mix)' (White Label)

X-Press 2 - 'AC/DC' (White Label)

Utah Saints - 'Lost Vanguards (Remix)' (White Label)

Timo Maas - 'The Techno' (Perfecto)

Unknown - 'Unknown' (White Label)

Mecca - 'Diamond Back' (Perfecto)

Goldenscan - 'Sunrise' (Virgin)

Delerium - 'Silence (DJ Tiestso Search For The Sunrise Mix' (Yeti Records)

Kernkraft 400 - 'Zombie Nation' (Data Records)

------------------

*Remember, no matter where you go, there you are* spin.gif

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

Why is it like DJs like Oakenfold, Carl Cox and others play that wretched song Zombie Nation?? I thought they knew what good music was?

I heard Oakenfold finished his Hamptons set and his recent Creamfields last week with the song and I heard that Cox spun it friday night. What the hell??

Sorry just venting a little...but I'm sure most of you out there agree.

And Jonathan Peters is just so cheesy.. wink.gif

------------------

Something's Gonna Happen, Something Wonderful..

Guest clubkid77

From what i gather, it's a track that untill recently had little play in europe. It is very posible that the EU DJ's just dont know that that song is played out in good ol NYC. I was at a European Record shop online and in the "new releases" list for this week is Kernkraft 400. Now i know its not really a new release even in europe, but its on another label than previously so it has be "re-released" in europe. I know that in other parts of the USA its just been catchin on in the last 2 months.

Cuz they blow with the wind. Can't blame them for trying to rake in the $$. I'm surprised these guys aren't giving you UK two step yet. But don't worry, that's coming, it's really big in the UK.

And a note on Zombie Nation. That is the most ridiculous song I've ever heard. You can put that up there with "Do it again", "Fright Train" and all that cheesy mosquito music drum roll shit music that gets played at Exit and Cracktory...

------------------

Nestor

"That's House!"

i heard it for the first time in a club last saturday @queen club Paris

ans i felt like Sweet Pussy Pauline with lil dick men: get the f*** out of here

but the crowd liked it!

as for Oakie playing, don't forget he is over commercial

as for Coxy playing it, he may play the Dave Clarke remix

------------------

it's hot in here, it's dark in here

here's a story....

Story from Ananova news:

“Richie Hawtin was so appalled by fellow techno DJ Dave Clarke's choice of tracks at this weekend's Creamfields festival, that he felt compelled to act.

Clarke, bringing his set to a close in the Bugged Out arena, played his remix of Ibiza anthem Zombie Nation - so pleased is he with his mix that he then chose to play it again.

This was all to much for Hawtin, who apparently harbours an intense dislike for the tune. According to an eyewitness, he went up to Clarke and raised his finger before angry words were exchanged.

Hawtin then brought the record to an abrupt ending, took it off the decks and flung it into the crowd, it is claimed.

Clarke appeared to have been totally bamboozled by Hawtin's actions. He picked up the rest of his records and left the festival. Hawtin then DJed for the next two hours

That's really surprising that Europe is just hearing and catching on with this shitty song. You'd think these DJs would have some sense of music taste.

If I hear Sasha & Digweed or PVD play it in Twilo, I'm gonna have a shit fit. wink.gif

------------------

*Remember, no matter where you go, there you are* spin.gif

shadowchaser076@aol.com

You can define "underground" many different ways, but I don't know of anyone who ever accused Paul Oakenfold or Carl Cox of being not commercial enough. I like the stuff Coxey plays, but his sets are full of anthems. And Oakey is not my style anyway so I don't bother. That's why I like S and D, they generally avoid the anthems, at least the really cheesy ones.

JohnB

i think its wack that anyone try and defend cox now just cuz he played the remix. screw that b/c when pvd dropped the deep dish sexual rmx eveyone was bashing him and i thought it was a really good mix. but eveyone here just sat there and ripped him cuz he was playin sexual rolleyes.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Originally posted by Nolimit:

Cox play anthems??? Hmmmm.... When did this happen? I guess it depends where he spins. I've always thought his sets were anthem free.

Beats me.

Nolimit, Cox played Zombie Nation when he came on at Twilo. Were you there? The crowd was going crazy cause they knew Cox was coming on. They blew the horn couple of times and you could feel this low bass with the great amount of energy . . . then I heard this familiar sound. I wasn't quite sure what it was . . . then suddenly with dread I knew what it was . . . ZOMBIE NATION as-green.gif

Couldn't believe it. That was my first time seeing Cox . . . and I don't think I will be seeing him any time soon. Not because of the fact that he played that one song, but I just think his music is way too techno-ish for me.

BlueAngel

------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

- Robert Frost angel.gif

When I heard Cox play it this past friday..I started cringing..reaaaaaly cringing..signal to run to the bathroom..

Maybe I am too picky, but I have absolutely no tolerance for cheese..

Talking about scary cheese..has anyone else heard the horrible remix of the "Axel-F" theme? I heard it on a set from the Love Parade...pretty frightening..

-J

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

kerncraft 2000 actually has a new track out that is really really dope (forget the name, but vicious was telling me about it, and that is most likely what you heard on his KTU show)

as for y DJs are still playing that dead record Zombie Nation, I guess it's because most cheezy LI/Jersey/B&T crowds still want it...mo offense to those of you on this board who arent that corny smile.gif

I was playing at Brazil in the Hamptons this Sunday, and of course I didnt play Zombie nation....so what happens? When the night is over and I shut the music off, the crowd startrs chanting zombie nation and jumping all over the place acting like messes! lol

------------------

"Losers try. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen." www.djrussreign.com

Originally posted by thomaskm1:

I don't understand, that such a good song. Everyone loves it????

Parish, I'm gonna pray REAL hard that you're just joking. Ooookkkaaayyy. worried.gif

Oh and HEY!! What happend to my "Club Goddess" label?? tongue.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

· "The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

- W.M. Lewis angel.gif