Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For anyone who was a kid in the 70's/80's

Originally posted by artful:

Awww shit!!

That was back in the fraggle rock days---- pre-cartoon version, of course.

"The Trash Heap has spoken!! Nnnneaaahh."

Holy Shit

I used to say that everytime my mother told me to do something. Fucking Nice smile.gif

------------------

It's all in the music

OMG, that was amazing...forgot about half that stuff...

Doesnt it seem like EVERYTHING for kids today is just cheap rip offs?? Doesnt it erk you seeing kids now walk around with the atari logo on their shirts and the transformers logos too?? They think its a fashion statement now! Is everything a rip off of voltron and the transformers? Guys, remember when it WASNT cool to have a computer?? GEEKS! smile.gif Remember when everyone dressed nice in school? Dressing like a slob wasnt in? When no one talked back to teachers....let alone had weapons in school! The big green machine.....woo woo.. smile.gif Anyone here have a "quad", dirt bike?? remember 3-wheelers?? smile.gif

OK... here's one..name your first computer!!!

I had an atari 800, 800 XL, Atari ST, then in 1995 got a (puke) PC....and 1996 got a Mac because it reminded me of the atari days!

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

Originally posted by atf104:

heres a scary one...anyone remember when cable meant like 15 extra channels? And there was only HBO, TMC, SHO??? hmmmm smile.gif

You forgot WHT, that was before HBO!!

Remember Lone Star I think it was called... he'd be like "Strength of the Bear!!" "Speed of the Puma!!!"

Visionaries.. one of the hottest cartoons/figures ever and it lasted like a couple months..

"Sheath these feet in the driving gale,

Makes swift these legs o'ver land I sail."

"The arrows turn,

The swords rebel,

May nothing pierce this mortal shell."

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

[This message has been edited by artful (edited 09-07-2000).]

Originally posted by myrlin:

I think half of the crap kids get nowadays is ridiculous.

They have lousy Power Rangers whereas we had VOLTRON and Fraggle Rock, hehe. Seems things have degenerated alot for the next generation but I suppose every group as they get older think that.

WORD I have to take the bus to work,and now all the High Schoolers are back. They push and shove people out of the way to get on the bus, they won't even give up their chair to the elderly. I get pissed off at them and I feel like an old lady saying "Weren't these kids taught any manners" When I was young-even now I would never dare-I always have respect.

I will note that kids nowadays have no respect for people they should. I never got out of line with my parents because I knew Id get a big whack. One whack really all it ever took for me to not want one again.

Morales and Values are non existant in some families and households which is depressing because that might be why i cant find a damned honest girl!!!!! Sheesh.

Life is hard, yet fun at the same time.

Awww, things were so simple back then. It makes me sad to think that my kids won't have such simple memories. They're growing up too fast these days. I already have to worry about my 5 yr old coming home from school with new curse words!!

BTW, I know transformers were the originals but some of the Power Ranger toys are cool as shit. That's the whole reason I had kids, "Mommy only buys toys she wants to play with too."

------------------

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

I use to watch WHT at my friends house....OMG but I was born in 1972

Originally posted by artful:

You forgot WHT, that was before HBO!!

Remember Lone Star I think it was called... he'd be like "Strength of the Bear!!" "Speed of the Puma!!!"

Visionaries.. one of the hottest cartoons/figures ever and it lasted like a couple months..

"Sheath these feet in the driving gale,

Makes swift these legs o'ver land I sail."

"The arrows turn,

The swords rebel,

May nothing pierce this mortal shell."

------------------

Good time had by all!!!

I think half of the crap kids get nowadays is ridiculous.

They have lousy Power Rangers whereas we had VOLTRON and Fraggle Rock, hehe. Seems things have degenerated alot for the next generation but I suppose every group as they get older think that.

I will note that kids nowadays have no respect for people they should. I never got out of line with my parents because I knew Id get a big whack. One whack really all it ever took for me to not want one again.

Morales and Values are non existant in some families and households which is depressing because that might be why i cant find a damned honest girl!!!!! Sheesh.

Life is hard, yet fun at the same time.

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gif

Originally posted by myrlin:

Nikkisticks darlin!!!

You put your reply in the middle of the repost, hehe. Had to look at it a few times, I knew I had a long day but that scared me...!

Hehe

Hey I didn't even realize-thats what you get when trying to do too many things at once. Didn't mean to scare you, my day was rather long as well.

Originally posted by glowgirl:

I use to watch WHT at my friends house....OMG but I was born in 1972

Yeah... I think WHT died around hmmm 1985 or so... it may have still been around then, but yea.

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks