Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Alright, who was at the Limelight Sat Night and what did you think? What happned?

artful

Yeah the ol' Artful was there, but shit... I was all set and all that and then when I got in I was like there's no fucking way I'm going to be able to find these people...

So, I said fuck it and danced a bit.. had to bounce at like 4:30am cause ol' Artful's gotta get his ass to work tomorrow... By 5pm.. so it's not THAT bad...

How about name tags that say like CLubNYC on em or some shit.... like it could say Shazam on it or some shit and then you'd know, oh there goes one now.

Hmm lemme go over the picture gallery and see if I saw anyone...

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

[This message has been edited by artful (edited 09-11-2000).]

OH MY GOD!!!! The music was sooooooo on last night!! Matthew Hardwick and Scott Bond KICKED ASS!!! THIS is the reason why european DJs are just ALL that!!! eek.gif

I just kept on dancing and dancing and dancing until I was completely exhausted. I slept like a baby though. tongue.gif

Okay, let me remember everyone from last night.

OF COURSE, CM, you cutie pie!! LOVED hanging out with you last night. Thanks for MAKING me come to the pre-party meet-up. Had such a great time. Just because I wanted to . . . STEVIE, DANCE WITH ME, DANCE WITH ME . . . COME ONNNNNNN!!! wink.gif

Brandie & Rob. WOW, what a great looking couple. Beauty with the Hunk! You guys are soooo cute, friendly, funny and just all around cool!! Hope we can hang out again, and this time ROB don't forget the L!!! hehe. j/k

Pete, cool studio! Loved the music. Hey, were you right about the guest DJ?? I left around 5. Thanks for letting me come to the pre-party! Great IDEA!!

Shadowchaser, you such a cutie dude. However, I still haven't yet to see you dance. Oh well . . . there's always next time. Okie dokie pokie!! But tell me that the music was soooooo not on last night!!! Wasn't the shit just absolutely fabulous??? ARGHHHHH!!! What I would do to see those two AGAIN!!!

spoonyd, great mixing last night and SHHHHHHH, you're secret is safe with me! wink.gif

misskittie, I know you were fucked up last night, girl! wink.gif You just have no idea who we were did you? Do you even remember anything??

To all the rest that I haven't mentioned but met . . . it was great meeting everyone. I just love it when I meet new people from the board!! Must do this again!

BlueAngel

------------------

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

- W.M. Lewis angel.gif

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 09-10-2000).]

what kind of music do they spin. is it hardhouse trance or what. and also what time did they stay open until thanxx for the info

I would consider what they play to be hard progressive trance. All I can say it was definitely worth missing PVD to goto GateCrasher. smile.gif

------------------

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

[This message has been edited by e-tarded (edited 09-10-2000).]

Wow, Bond & Hardwick were on fire last night. I was really impressed with those guys. The music they played was just great! Heard some of my favorite tunes too. When GateCrasher comes around again, I'm back there. I had a blast. I left around 4, I think.....I needed air badly.

It was cool meeting up you guys, some of ya for two nights in a row which was big a plus.

From what I remember:

I met up with Lee (lbressler) again earlier in the night and chilled with most of the night. Always cool to hang with. Thanks for the candy but not the kind again.

Awww Blueangel, you made me blush. blush.gif You are definitly a sweetie. You're always smiles. You and your BF can tear up the dancefloor. I promise next time you'll see me bust a move or two. Maybe at the next S&D night.

CrystalMethod, Steve, nice meeting ya last night and yeah you were in the zone!

Schwingp, dude you crack me up. biggrin.gif

Blueskygirl, Melissa, you should've showed earlier girl, you missed Scott Bond.

Apotheosis,Mikey, you were great talking to last night, I'm glad I met ya.

Brandie & Rob, damn you're a hot couple. So hot you can melt butter. smile.gif

Last night was definitly up there with PVD night for me. Not just the music, but the friendly vibes and atmosphere. Athough LimeLight kind had a weird one, but in a good way.

One last thing, this year has been a rough one for me. Way too much drama that no one needs. I've been in the scene for a quite few years, and I gotta say I'm having the best time of my life. Recently, thanks to some of you guys I met from the board. I'm thrilled to see that there people like you out there in this world who's in the scene for the right thing. It brings a big smile to my face and gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. tongue.gifAnd since I've been partying on my own for the past three months or so, I don't really feel alone anymore. Thank you guys.

Ok, back to me resting, recover some of the brain cells I have left from last night, and try to figure out what the hell happened to my sobriety. smile.gif

Frank

------------------

scrambles.gif "I dream in digital, because it's better than nothing."- Orgy

shadowchaser076@aol.com

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 09-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 09-10-2000).]

OMG. Gatecrasher was _AWESOME_. I was sooo into going to Mars, but it sounded like there wasn't so much interest cuz of pricing and because GC was in town, so I caved in and went to GC. SOOOOOOO much fun!

First, the venue itself is incredible! The aerie -- the place with the plant sphere in the ceiling, and the mirrors and the fishtank -- totally gorgeous. And I loved the three-tiered dance floor.... it got packed, but at around 5pm everything started to clear up, and we had an entire side to ourselves. Plus, the bathroom care there was top-notch...... I didn't fear for my life when nature beckoned. smile.gif

I was having too much fun -- I had every intention on finding the ClubNYC crew, but time just slipped away. I agree with Artful, though -- there's got to be a better way to identify ourselves, so we're easier to recognize. Maybe a bit of colored luminescent (sp?) face paint, or something like that? Just tossing out ideas, not necessarily good ones......

Oh, and the music there was _sick_. There was one set towards the beginning -- it seemed to drone on for a while -- but everything else was exactly as I had hoped. Ah well..... hope other peeps had as much fun there as I did. 6am came far too quickly for my tastes.... I was ready to keep on going!

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

WOW!What the heck happened last night???

Ok I got there around 12 and the music was already banging and the crowd was decent. I as usual started my evening off with an ever so potent red devil. Met up with some of my friends through out the club and started to get into the mood. I was a little tired from my day but was ready to party.

Anyways, I danced a little bit and started to mingle around and see what was going on. I got to see and meet some awesome dancers. Also met many people from Europe....some were mad cool and others were to bitchy for my taste.

By time I got to meet Crystalmethod (Steve), Blueangel (Casey), Brandi and her boyfriend, I was banged up and rollin high. It was a nice high. EVeryone was sweet....sorry I didnt get to talk much but I couldnt focus.

My night from my understanding ended early. I had a fight with a friend and it put me in a horrible mood that I couldnt escape. Everything came crashing down on me. Its rather upsetting but Ill deal. As to what time I lfet I dont know. The music was fabulous the entire time I was there though and wish I could have stayed.

Anyway, it was nice meeting everyone. My apologies for not being as social as I would have liked.

MIkey.......I didnt get to meet you. Ima go cry now. Ppete it was nice seeing you again. Dean, it was definately a highlight to see you outside before entering the club.

Hope everyone had a great time.

~~Toodles~~

------------------

~*~* You wanna touch it?~*~*

This has to be quick - im so tired. biggrin.gif

It was great meeting everyone last nite . . . casey we are *def* hanging out again!! and next time rob won't forget . . . rolleyes.gif hehehe.

Steve - my big bro - always geat to hang out with you . . . thanx for the drinks,lol.

Pete - thanx so much for having us over - what an incredible place you've got. smile.gif

Casey and Shadowchaser --> thanx so much for the compliments . . . totally made my day!! lol.

Was nice seeing Steph, and JDogg again!! smile.gif

*Rob* - love you sweetie - The Hunk, hehehe.

Everyone else - this will be too long if i write about everyone . . . - misskittie, spoonyd, lbressler, etc . . . it was great to meet you all!!! biggrin.gif

*hugz*

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

**NEW EMAIL!!**

brandie@powerpuff.com

or

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Gatecrasher was great!

The music kicked my ass. My legs are still

sore from dancing so much.

Spent most of the time on the second balcony dancing in a little enclave area. I loved dancing as I looked down at the crowd going nuts, and checking out the DJs from above.

Although the crowd was NOT doing it for me at the beginning. Too many guys there looking to hook-up and not dance. Is it too much to ask dance with your friends and not have some dude up all over you? Grrrr...

Anyway, that feeling quickly went away once the "party favors" kicked in. Havent rolled as hard as that in a while..

Loved the bathrooms. No line, clean, Twilo should take notes

Also loved that chill out room near the bathrooms with the fishtank, and ivy covered sphere-thing in the middle. Plus, we found a space right under an air vent where we could go to get a breater and cool off.

It was a nice change of scenery from Twilo. The multilevel balconies, stairs all around and did anyone else get fucking loss staring at the stainglassed windows?

GC DJs play a lot more vocal tracks than what I'm used to, but that was all good. Do you guys remember when they played "Plant Earth" by Duran Duran? I couldnt believe it.

Anyway, had a great time. Pure bliss.

Tried to meet up with the board at the sky bar, but it just didnt happen.

That's all for me until S&D at the end of the month. Let the countdown begin....

Guest crystalmethodny

Ugh...

Hi to everyone, way too tired to list names, f it, you all know who you are smile.gif

Casey - Huuuungggggovvvvverrrrrr ... that 'aspirin' didnt help either! smile.gif

From now on its just pasta and wine (thursday) wink.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Originally posted by lbressler:

gatecrasher wasn't bad last night, but it didn't overwhelm me. it seemed a little less DJ oriented like it is at other clubs and more like just someone spinning and a mass of people dancing, which seemed like the focus of the party last night. although i must say, there were some people bustin out crazy moves last night. did anyone see the black guy going all out with the glowsticks. i have never seen a lightshow quite like that. as always, it was phat meetin up with all of you last night. Frank (shadowchaser), thanks for the ride. i'm assuming you made it home ok. apotheosis, it was great chillin with you. you seemed like you had quite a good time. crystalmethod, it was real. and everyone else: see you soon! -LB

Hehehe . . . I believe you are talking about my bf, blckraven. Was it by the stairs?? Was he bald?? If he was then that's definately him!!

He's my favorite dancer in the world!! MUAH!! love.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

- W.M. Lewis angel.gif

That was Mitchell, Casey's bf, isn't he a-mazing?. biggrin.gif

Caaaasey - hi. smile.gif (Casey's amazing too. hehehe)

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

**NEW EMAIL!!**

brandie@powerpuff.com

or

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Hey hey hey,

Nice hangin with all the peeps on Sat, and some new faces. Glad you guys had a nice time at the warm-up party. I might have another one B4 Keoki if you guys wanna do it again.

And as for you , Mr. Spoony this week I'll actually mix, and Ima gonna kick your ass! smile.gif lol

- Peter

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

i was there from about 1.30 - not sure who was playing first but it was very average. I was all set to be mildly disappointed when about an hour later someone came and played awesome music (a couple from the cheese factory too - oh well). fantastic all night (couldn't see anyone from clubnyc though - hopefully see you on thursday).

i have to say that it was pretty much my worst crowd experience clubbing in nyc - so many guys hitting on women and not even taking the hint to back off - that's not including this super annoying guy that was just flexing his muscles and walking in the middle of where we were dancing - then we'd move and he'd follow again - no idea what his problem was. so ridiculuous it was almost funny.

i was in such a good mood when it finished i went to the SF for the first time - pretty hardcore - i arrived when the dancers with see through underwear were on stage. pretty soon the disco music turned into poundage and from that point on i was happy. very cool although i don't know if i could take music that hard all night. i think i sweated off 5 pounds.

------------------

==================================================

he he he he ha ha - but this is no laughing matter

Originally posted by xs:

i was there from about 1.30 - not sure who was playing first but it was very average. I was all set to be mildly disappointed when about an hour later someone came and played awesome music (a couple from the cheese factory too - oh well). fantastic all night (couldn't see anyone from clubnyc though - hopefully see you on thursday).

i have to say that it was pretty much my worst crowd experience clubbing in nyc - so many guys hitting on women and not even taking the hint to back off - that's not including this super annoying guy that was just flexing his muscles and walking in the middle of where we were dancing - then we'd move and he'd follow again - no idea what his problem was. so ridiculuous it was almost funny.

i was in such a good mood when it finished i went to the SF for the first time - pretty hardcore - i arrived when the dancers with see through underwear were on stage. pretty soon the disco music turned into poundage and from that point on i was happy. very cool although i don't know if i could take music that hard all night. i think i sweated off 5 pounds.

Yeap..... saw some wanna-be muscle heads do that stand in one spot like a tree while they eyeball women in some kinda psychotic way in the hip-hop spot...

I was really tempted to yoke this guy up and just drop em... dick was takin' up my dance space (Wasn't even as big as he seemed to think he was)... but hehe I KNOW I'd get kicked out for that.

Just another reminder that I gotta get a taser.

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gif