Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tell your story

cathyo

I've found myself telling my own little story here on this board to people through pm's and I had an idea...maybe a stupid one but I figured what the hell, if eggmok can tell us when he has to shit then anything goes.

A lot of times I'll talk to certain members and then I'll check the photo album to put a face with the name. Since we can see what we look like why not have an area to tell our current situations, just to make it easier if there is a particular member you would like to know more about.

So, if you care to hear mine, read on. If not that's fine too. Post your own or skip it all together. I'll start mine on the next post smile.gif

------------------

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

It all started October 10, 1971…just kidding. I’ll try to keep it brief. I’m 28 soon to be 29 (yikes!) I live in Springfield, NJ and I work at a branch for a brokerage firm in Bedminster. I separated from my husband of 7 years this past January and I’m hoping the divorce will be final before the end of the year. It was the best decision I ever made. Marriage is great just don’t do it too young! I have two boys ages 11 and 5 (I started young, 17!) and they were going to my ex’s house (he lives with his sister in CT) every other weekend. That is how I came into the clubbing scene. Believe it or not my first club was Exit on Jan 15, 2000. I had never been exposed to the scene (always did the bar thing) and had no clue what I was missing. That’s OK though because I still know how to party like a 20 year old! You have to figure, I’ve had to be responsible since I was 17 so when I go out, I go off the wall! I was going clubbing every other weekend until the beginning of May. That’s when my older son realized what a witch my ex’s sister is and told me he didn’t want to go there anymore. Since kids always come before everything including clubs I told him he didn’t have to. I haven’t been able to get out a lot since then because he stays home with me. Occasionally I can go out for an evening if he stays at my Dad’s but not to a club because my Dad brings him home by 9:00 or so in the morning. I wouldn’t even be home yet if I was clubbing! Even if I was I’d be in no condition to take care of kids!!

My ex has told me that he might be moving back to Jersey soon and that means, no more witch and my older son can go to visit him again…club time!! I really hope it works out because reading about everyone’s experiences and not being able to go is killing me! I just got into it and I’m still in that honeymoon period. I’ve only been to Exit and Sound Factory since that is where the people I go with always go. I am absolutely dying to go to Twilo after hearing all the talk that goes on here.

So, that’s where I am at now, living vicariously through all of you and hoping that at some point I’ll actually get to meet up with some of you! Thanks for being my link to fantasyland!!

------------------

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

I've been Dj ing since i was 13, (all types of music over the years from , Disco, freestyle, hip hop, reggae, acid house, classic house, techno, etc ect) i'm now 29

i met Lord Micheal on Staten Island in like 1991 or so. He took me to Limelight where i met Repete and i started spinning techno. I was at the limelight 3 or 4 nights a week. I then hooked up with Frankie Bones and spun at some of the earliest Storm Raves with Bones, Adam X etc. I was at all the hot Gatien Clubs over the next few years all the time and the original Sound Factory which is now Twilo.

I eventually started to go back to my hip hop roots and got a job spinning in the limelight Chapel in like 1995 or 1996 for about a year and a half and then when the LL closed down, I spun in the basement of the tunnel from like 1997 to 1999 until that closed down. i think thats it in a nut shell for my life in the club scene which i'm not as active in anymore but live vicariously thru the posters on this board. I do still come out once in a while

I've been DJ'ing and clubbing since I was 16. Cathy I have 2 kids too and one on the way. I always partied but not as much until I was 25-29. I'm 30 now and still doing the same thing except for the drugs. I enjoy it better now. When I get home after work I sleep for a few hours and I'm fine. I had alot of fun and still continue too and at the same time enjoy the family. Always did always will. All and all the kids always come first. LOL

------------------

It's all in the music

Guest crystalmethodny

Greatest,

That's not what she implied at all. Relax.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Thanks again, everyone.

As Artful said, back to the topic, if you have a story...tell it! If you care to discuss my parenting skills the_greatest was kind enough to start a new thread for that entitled CATHYO. smile.gif

------------------

blultbar.gif

disco_anim_bf16.gif A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

Originally posted by the_greatest:

Cathyo your post disturbs me. You are praying that your x comes back to live in NJ so you can go out clubbing and ditch your kids. How messed up is that? Why don't you just give your kids up for adoption if you don't want them!!!!! You're such a degenerate!

Against all better judgement I will respond just this one time. Both my boys know that I would do ANYTHING in the world for them. I have almost lost my older son three times in his short life (2 times because he has hydrocephalus, water on the brain and needed emergency neurosurgery and 1 time when his kidney's failed and was touch & go w/dialysis) My younger son I almost lost in childbirth because he had a prolapsed cord and was not getting blood or oxygen, he was a crash c-section. I of all people know the value of life, especially a child's and if you would kindly go back and read my post I stated that my kids come before EVERYTHING.

As far a clubbing, I'm a single mother who hasn't received any child support in 9 months, I work full time and then come home everynight and devote myself to my children and their needs. Seeing as I am doing all of this on my own, I don't think it is too much to want to go out every now and then.

You're mother should have loved you half as much as I love my kids tongue.gif

------------------

blultbar.gif

disco_anim_bf16.gif A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

Originally posted by cathyo:

Against all better judgement I will respond just this one time. Both my boys know that I would do ANYTHING in the world for them. I have almost lost my older son three times in his short life (2 times because he has hydrocephalus, water on the brain and needed emergency neurosurgery and 1 time when his kidney's failed and was touch & go w/dialysis) My younger son I almost lost in childbirth because he had a prolapsed cord and was not getting blood or oxygen, he was a crash c-section. I of all people know the value of life, especially a child's and if you would kindly go back and read my post I stated that my kids come before EVERYTHING.

As far a clubbing, I'm a single mother who hasn't received any child support in 9 months, I work full time and then come home everynight and devote myself to my children and their needs. Seeing as I am doing all of this on my own, I don't think it is too much to want to go out every now and then.

You're mother should have loved you half as much as I love my kids tongue.gif

well said. i think our drama queen (thegreatest) is just a punk kid who doesnt know enough about life to pass judgement on u. intelligent people admire women like u.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by sirdante:

well said. i think our drama queen (thegreatest) is just a punk kid who doesnt know enough about life to pass judgement on u. intelligent people admire women like u.

Thanks sweetie! That means a lot!

------------------

blultbar.gif