Clubplanet Nightlife Community

boris'st night at exit

wakeup

well bein a fan of boris' from big fridays at the roxy , but never seeing him at limelight. all i have to say is he played garbage till 4am when he finally brought in 6,8,12 dub, then sandstorm. i havent been to exit since dennys last night there and all i have to say is it blows and the crowd is horrible. half of us left for factory and the rest went home. EXIT is done, now i know why i said way back in january that the place is goin down the drain. they still have that damn show with people swingin around. F EXIT. now i know why people say boris fell off.

Guest crystalmethodny

Hey

Casey... only $1.05? I wouldnt go if I was comp'd...

Pulse, no offense, but you sound like a piece of broken vinyl, pro-Exit record propoganda.

Exit isnt a bad place if you're into that scene, but little change has occured there. Without change, it'll eventually die out.

Limelight last night recaptured some of its glory days with the music. Wow! Keoki next week!

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Exit was pretty good, the crowd was a little lite. The cover is still the same $25. I am a big boris fan, he was a little off last night but he will pick it up, on his worst day he is still alot better than Tsettos.He played a little to much tribal, and not enough of the blazin progressive trance tracks. Give the party a little time to build up I think it will take off soon and be the spot all winter long.

the pulse u have to be kiddin, boris blew and i was a fan of his. he played such junk blue harvest, emma chaplin the vocal no less, come on so old and tired. im not gonna go and bash him but dont bring out that junk. then again it is exit. it might as well be denny in the cage spinnin. surprised he didnt bust out final chapter or the relentless keys.maybe if i still did drugs and was a cracked out mess id enjoy it. but its all about the music now. for the most part it sucked.

i cought then end of his ktu show and the 10 minutes i heard was actually pretty good.

as for actually being there and hearing his full set, i don't know. i won't be at exit any time in the forseeable future unless i start hearing some rave reviews. but i don't think that will happen.

the problem is, that i don't think boris chooses's to play emma shaplin, i just think its exit and he is being told to play that junk. just my take on the situation b/c mainstream crowds wanna hear that stuff so he basically has to. i would really like it though if he would start spinning more like he used to though.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

well christop i highly doubt that though i honestly didnt look in the booth till about 4am when he play i turn to u. i highly doubt he had someone open up for him and didnt get on till 4 cause exit dies out by 6 or 7. he used to spin the whole night at the roxy till close. what he did at the limelight i dont know.

repete used to open up for him usually at limelight, but i definelty think even if someone did open up for him that he was still on much earlier then 4, more like 2 prolly.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Originally posted by cosmicgirl:

im just curious as to how much cover was last night? i havent been to exit in months, and if denny dont come back, i dont know if i will!

Denny wont be back at Exit, he will be spinning at the World in Times Square. The opening is sept 23.

what days does Boris dj? fridays or sat? exit's got so much potential if they could just get some new management, i'll never understand why people who dont love music own all the major clubs, we should make a clubplanet club run by the people who love house, us.......im just bored so im talkin nonsense....dont u hate waitin for a girl to call u? argh.....

-------------------

"Scarlet starlet and she's in my bed

A candidate for my soul mate bled

Push the trigger and pull the thread

I've got to take it on the otherside"

--RHCP

The last time that i was at exit was like 2 months ago, before that i used to go to all the time last fall. Back then i thought that place was the shit, now??? I seen boris alot of times at a lot of different clubs so i know how he is. Some nights he just rips it with hard beats all night like he did, then next saturday he could sound like a totally different dj. Boris takes you on a rollercoaster ride from beggining to end and thats what i like about him. (and that was him from begining cause i was chillen behind the booth like all night) Though unfortunately last night he really didn't take me on any ride, just one hard house/tribal bass line after another. Could of heard alot more progressive trance. And another thing, im not sure where the crowd went from last fall, the factory must have been packed. Exit needs to do something, Boris was a good step in the right direction, maybe another step will be to get rid of those stupid tv screens, and maybe get blazin speaker girls fore me to gauk at, oh yeah and ditch the trapize act that shit was cool the first time-maybe even the second but enoughs enough already. Oh yeah and i'm pretty sure that was mags on the roof top after 2, i dont think that was johnny rocks spinnin house, looked like mags too...

Does anybody know who spins friday nights, is it mags? i wanna check him out at exit, heartd him at rush a couple times.

Guest cosmicgirl

im just curious as to how much cover was last night? i havent been to exit in months, and if denny dont come back, i dont know if i will!

------------------

What goes on?!?!

gabrielll, MAGZ was suppose to open up the new room last night but since it was not ready he went home. pissed but went home...MAGZ will be playing SHAMPOO in PHILLY on the 23 for anyone interested.

i was also behind the booth all night...anyone see those two people laying on the couch all over each other???turned out they were two guys but the one guy was so fucked up he thought it was a girl....lol

I have to give MAGZ the props he deserves...he is a great up and coming DJ who does it not only for the money but for the love of the music. he hates going on at 4am only to play for 4 hours....he wants the whole night to himself....he also held down that club all summer....FRANKIE you were missed by many the other night...

now i don't take anything away from anybody, and i am not going to go slander BORIS, but i don't like his attitude and his taste in what he plays. MY $0.02

next week they are going to try again to open the new room...MAGZ will be up there.

one last thing, i posted about this b4....anyone interested in buy a "LIVE AT EXIT" cd...mixed by Frankie Magz, email me at

ravebynight@aol.com

it is all hard house....really good cd...

the next one will be coming out in about anohter month...and it will be all vocals.

well, this was almost a review, but i will say no more excpet that even though Marvesi is an ass, i think EXIT is a nice club, it has size and the light show can get amazing(but the screens do have to go....have to agree with that).....and i hope everyone who goes enjoys themself safely....RaVe.....

------------------

dON't reGRet lATeR wHat YOu dIDN't dO nOw, dO EVEryThINg anD dOn'T REgREt a dAmN tHInG!!!