Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can someone Please Explain this "Mami and Papi" Language???

All "mami" means is "mommy" or "mother" in Spanish. A former (cute-ass) co-worker of mine used to call me "papi" all the time..... she said it in this great sultry voice, and I personally loved it! smile.gif

But I can also see how you could interpret it as a cat-call (no pun intended, but if the shoe fits..... biggrin.gif), sorta like guys calling "hey hot momma!" after a girl walks down the street past them.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Hey misskitte! Haha I know that very well because I live in Brooklyn where is so many Spanish people. So they call me "mami" all the time when I walk down the street because I think I am the only one different blond girl there in that area biggrin.gif

So don't worry.. I know it bothered me from the start but that I used to it. MAMI it means something like Honey or Sweethart in Spanish. So they just want to let ya know that UR nice and cute girl ! smile.gif "Papi" is the same for guys smile.gif What I hear very often as well is "OHH God Bless You, Mami " biggrin.gif

Love Amalka

------------------

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

I dont know. Maybe it means sweetie or hot honey or whatever but I hate it. I was outside my job yesterday and some kid yells to me...Hey Mami you got an extra cigg?....Needless to say I ignored him. Not because I think Im better than him but personally I think its rude. Im a lady...not no friggen "mami" or "boo". Ughhhh it drives me crazy.

------------------

catwink1.gif

Originally posted by Pershoot:

hey amalkav..where in brooklyn do you live...im from brooklyn too smile.gif

I live in " Little Puerto Rico" Sunset Park smile.gif I hate that dirty noisy hole frown.gif Where do U live?

Love Amalka

------------------

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

Guest crystalmethodny

*wolf whistle at Kittie*

Hola mamita... tu esta muy bonita, senorita... *purrrrr*

Chiquita... mami!

LOL

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Originally posted by antvill:

I get the feeling you don't like spanish people Mskittie.......This is your 2nd post disliking the spanish language.......What gives???

I have no problem at all with Spanish people. I have many friends who are of latin decent. I even have many former boyfriends and girlfriends who were of Spanish Origin.

I work in a company where all this happens though. Im constantly called Mami and I hate it. They dont respect me here. I ask them to not call me that and they continue to do so. I think anyone would be a little annoyed too if this was happening to them.

Its nothing against the Spanish. I love many of them but some just kill me. Its goes for every nationality with me. I have dislikes about each nationality including my own. No mean to pick on just one, Im just trying to understand it all.

And BTW, my Aunt has been working on my familys history and we just found out that my family has Spanish background from Spain. So no disrespect.

------------------

catwink1.gif

Originally posted by tranza:

I hate it..

Like a girls calls you " Papi " while your in bed.. All I can think of is WTF is this girls calling me that for?? It makes me feel like I'm her father, and, well, this aint Texas..

Posted over The Artful's bed:

"Don't even think of calling me pappi--- you will get thrown the fuck out."

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gif

Iliana, you have NOOO idea wghat I go through here. I cant even make harrassment reports b/c its comes from even supervisors. Believe that? They call me an "entertainer" which Im not and ask me sexual things. I would stand no chance with harrassment or sexual reports.

------------------

catwink1.gif

Originally posted by jolie27:

I hate it too. I especially hate the "ssssssss" noise that some guys do. What the fuck is that? Makes my skin crawl.

It's an Uptown/Brooklyn thing...

First time a girl did that to me I almost broke my neck---- caught me so off guard.

(Yeah the ladies do it too)

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gif

Originally posted by misskittie:

Iliana, you have NOOO idea wghat I go through here. I cant even make harrassment reports b/c its comes from even supervisors. Believe that? They call me an "entertainer" which Im not and ask me sexual things. I would stand no chance with harrassment or sexual reports.

Can you say, "Big fat lawsuit?"

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gif

They only think they can get away with it because you're a young, attractive woman and they don't take you seriously. My friend, who's 22, is an x-ray tech and was recently told to wear her long blonde hair up because no one takes her seriously. What is that about?

------------------

"I love the things that we should fear"