Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Limelight sucked tonight...

h0nus

So I was with Vejita and a couple other peeps and we went to Limelight around 2 pm. Waited in line for about 10 minutes and finally got to show the bouncer our IDs and he proceeded to bitch about our sneakers and baggy pants.

He tells us that we can go in and pay $30 but we can't dress like that here...

Funny thing, at gatecrasher last weekend, no one seemed to car about our lack of black dressy shoes.

If I didn't wear sneakers when I danced I wouldn't have any feet left. Sorry to vent, just disappointed that limelight changed so sharply from one week to the next.

Yeah same here, Totally different vibes, and the music wasn't all that spectacular. I've given up on Keoki. I couldn't get into it at all. I didn't feel part of it. Major, major bummer. frown.gif

------------------

lpbutton.gif

"Do you still dream...do you still dream like me...infectious corruptive dreams."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 09-17-2000).]

I dunno. I went out to a rooftop party in Jersey with a few buds. Then went to some dive bar. Then all of my buds boogied on home and I was like "Damn, I might be totally sober but I'm too wide awake to go home!"

So I split and went to LL at like 3:30 am alone. No lines and I talked to a bouncer at the door, for a bit, then asked if Keoki was still spinning. He said with a smile "Yes, get yer ass in there already" and so I went in, no problems, no hassles.

Since I had come from a dive of a bar and I was determined to listen to this Keoki dude, I went in, and to my surprise it was totally all TRANCE...

Looked around for some cats from this board, but forget that, like finding a needle in a haystack. But I managed to break up a little bit of sweat, and almost stayed til closing.

Yup, had me a great time regardless that the crossfades Keoki did sucked the big one. But I thought the music itself was great and there were some cool rollers I winded up talking to, Lord knows about what...

Overall, an excellent night.

What the hell am I writing all this for, at almost 7 am. Gotta fade out...

------------------

Dream a little dream...

I had a blast tonight, and I thought Keoki rocked the house, But I was Especially happy tonight, so...

We're still in mid-afterhours at Divine's, and he's got the MAD pumping tunes coming on!

The only bummer, the HUGE BUMMER, was that Divine got bumped from his spot in the lineup tonight. I really wish you guys could have heard him tonight, cuz he f-ing rocks!!!

O well, maybe next time...

And Good Morning, Glowgirl, Schwingep, Apotheosis, CrystalMethod, Enyce2000, Artful and everybody I chilled with! A BLAST with you all as always last night!

Hugs!

Melissa

------------------

All for fun and fun for all

mbdewey@yahoo.com

would you believe I fell asleep at around 8:30pm and just woke up.. My cell was on vibrate when I woke up I had 5 messages..one from my friend Victor telling me he was going to the limelight. DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! I had a ride and everything...... Oh well I caught up on my long over due Zzzzzzzzzzzz's.

I'm not that sorry I couldn't make it.

SInememin

h0nus & vejita:

Bummer about LL last night. Did you guys only end up staying an hour.

Must have been a major disapppointment for the Boston dudes, if they came along with you.

Oh well, hope you managed to make it a good night afterwards (I have a feeling you guys wouldnt let the night end on a note that night)

--Crommy

Originally posted by sgbrooklyn:

would you believe I fell asleep at around 8:30pm and just woke up.. My cell was on vibrate when I woke up I had 5 messages..one from my friend Victor telling me he was going to the limelight. DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! I had a ride and everything...... Oh well I caught up on my long over due Zzzzzzzzzzzz's.

SInememin

I can believe it... that's pretty much what happened to me on Friday.. hehe

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gif

"Takin' out the suckas, and they don't know how I did it!!!"

munch.GIF

Hmmm... not as big a turnout of clubnyc'ers at limelight----- guess the board's real turnout is gonna be at those dinner meet-ups?

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gif

"Takin' out the suckas, and they don't know how I did it!!!"

munch.GIF

So it wasn't like the oldschool Wed. party, but whatever is. Seen Keoki many time and still is the man able to mix all styles for whatever crowd. But it's the hard style breakbeats that I fellin lovewithso long ago and was very happy to see him create it in his home. Hung with peeps that were a fixture back in the day. And even though things may change, we'll always love the scene, the music, and the people. Big ups for the crew for coming out and showing support. Nice to meet some of yuz from the board. Definately will meet up again. Sorry could make after hour with you BlueSkyGirl, maybe next time. till then, keep music pumping.

Originally posted by princessboo:

Did anyone else happen to notice how cold it was last night? Anywhere but the main floor and the hip hop lounge. I was wearing two jackets over my halter top. An odd (first) experience for me...literally sitting in the sky room with my teeth chattering away.

Just an observation.

Were you rolling? If so, sometimes that happens if the weather outside gets a little chilly as it was last night.

If you weren't rolling, you're coming down with a cold.

------------------

Dream a little dream...

Originally posted by blueskygirl:

I had a blast tonight, and I thought Keoki rocked the house, But I was Especially happy tonight, so...

We're still in mid-afterhours at Divine's, and he's got the MAD pumping tunes coming on!

The only bummer, the HUGE BUMMER, was that Divine got bumped from his spot in the lineup tonight. I really wish you guys could have heard him tonight, cuz he f-ing rocks!!!

O well, maybe next time...

And Good Morning, Glowgirl, Schwingep, Apotheosis, CrystalMethod, Enyce2000, Artful and everybody I chilled with! A BLAST with you all as always last night!

Hugs!

Melissa

Hey Melissa

I know why your SO HAPPY this morning. I had a great night. I think I relate, had a great experience last night and i'll never forget how this person made me feel........SMOOCHES

------------------

Good time had by all!!!

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

Oh, one more thing. I found $20 at LL by the bar. Indeed had me an excellent night.

Was it the bar downstairs?

I think I lost $20 there, no bullshit.

You can keep it, hope it went to good use.

Peace,

------------------

Darrell G.

HAZE Promotions
/>http://people.goplay.com/hazedg

Originally posted by sgbrooklyn:

SInememin

I was there too smile.gif

sorry you missed it cwm3.gif

do you know if there are any other turks on the board??

we should get to meet at one of those meetups

cwm1.gif

cya

morph_

Originally posted by apotheosis:

The people made it for me last night.

It WAS cold in there, I was like "I wish all this chattering was from e!"

Hey lee! Thought you'd be there.

I have to agree with that comment! i wasn't feeling the music, It was the company...

------------------

Good time had by all!!!