Clubplanet Nightlife Community

they have the nerve....

i don't know if other bartenders so this but when i went to limelight they decide to take a dollar for themselves w/o asking or me offering it to them. shit water is $3 already take your tip outta that. i swear the next time that happens i'm gonna go off.

------------------

"I'm like the lord of a fucken dance....i've got moves" harmonie_rose@hotmail.com

OMG I so know what you mean. The bartenders at Limelight SUCK! They really do. They never smile at you or really say hi or thank you. Then they dont even fill your dink all the way after spending 8 bucks on the damn thing. So, you dont give a tip because they are an assshole to you and when you are walking away they have the nevrve to ask for a tip. You tell them no and they say "DONT OME BACK TO MY BAR THEN"

WTF?!?! Since when is it mandatory to leave a tip? Especially to an unfriendly bartender??? If Im egtting more than one drink then fine but they never let me get more than one anyway. Fuck that!

------------------

Disco-02.gif

There's an old Irish saying -- 'there are no strangers, just friends who haven't met' -- so, until we meet, may peace and plenty rain down upon your head.

Originally posted by psknoll:

I'm a bartender at a high volume club, so I know what you guys are saying. First off--thanks Blueangel--you understand. I'm sorry so many of you guys have had bad experiences w/ bartenders in the City. Just please remember its not our fault you paid $10 for a cosmo, and you paid $25 to get in and water is $5---we DON'T set the prices. People should take this into consideration when they decide to stiff us cause the club's to expensive. I HATE CHEAP PEOPLE!! cwm22.gif

Oh hey hon, I dont stiff b/c of the prices. Not at all. I wont tip because of the service and Im not just like this in clubs either. Im like this everywehe. You give crappy service, you wont get anything. When you go to the city, you have to know the prices and be ready for that otherwise dont go. But still, we deserve good service too. If I find a great bartender in ac lub, Ill keep going to him evertime I go and once I become friendly, I give a $30 dollar tip at the end of the night. Im not cheap...jsut like good service!

------------------

Disco-02.gif

There's an old Irish saying -- 'there are no strangers, just friends who haven't met' -- so, until we meet, may peace and plenty rain down upon your head.

Even though it's wrong for them to do that . . . you have to understand how hard it is to be a bartender especially in a club. I've seen a lot of occasion where somebody orders like 5 drinks and leave $2 or 7 drinks and leave $3. It really sucks!! The common courtesy in a bar is $1/$2 per drink . . . people don't do that in a club. So, when these bartenders have to face people yelling orders on top of loud music and then have this person or that person stiffing them left and right . . . well I'd be kinda bitter too. Wouldn't you?? cwm36.gif

It's a hard job . . don't bust on em' unless you've walked in their shoes.

BlueAngel

------------------

"· Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new."

- Henry David Thoreau

angel.gif

that happened to me for the first time last week at a bar here in MA. WTF?!?

that is one of the most impetuous things ive ever seen in my life. i dont know the guy, but fortunately i know his sister. im gonna tell her to tell him that that was an asshole thing to do. if he gets stiffed by other people, thats not my problem. i know how to tip. jeesh.

------------------

i love music!

Im about to go to bartending school soon. I understand its a pain but half the time I stand there for 20 minutes before I get my drink b/c they are too slow. They stand there with these mean looks on their faces and never even say thank you. They should be friendly and polite if they want tips. And they chose to do this. We didnt force them to be bartenders. If you want my tip, I expect u to be nice and smile. And thank you helps too. I use to waitress and was always, and I means always extra friendly no matter how bitchy I myself was. Its just common courtesy.

------------------

Disco-02.gif

Originally posted by blueangel:

Even though it's wrong for them to do that . . . you have to understand how hard it is to be a bartender especially in a club. I've seen a lot of occasion where somebody orders like 5 drinks and leave $2 or 7 drinks and leave $3. It really sucks!! The common courtesy in a bar is $1/$2 per drink . . . people don't do that in a club. So, when these bartenders have to face people yelling orders on top of loud music and then have this person or that person stiffing them left and right . . . well I'd be kinda bitter too. Wouldn't you?? cwm36.gif

It's a hard job . . don't bust on em' unless you've walked in their shoes.

BlueAngel

i have walked in their shoes. as a service professional, i know it sucks to get stiffed, but thats part of the job. all that matters is the total amount you go home with at the end of the night. a good server will get more over-tips than stiffs.

a tip is a token of the customers appreciation, nothing more. you make your living by serving customers. those that dont appreciate can go fuck themselves, but theres no reason to respond to some rude people by being rude to other people. its simply unacceptable.

if you cant handle both the ups and downs of the job, you r in the wrong profession. if u dont like the tip game, u cant just change the rules.

------------------

i love music!

MISSKITTIE, YOU BEAT ME TO IT

I WAS ABOUT TO SAY EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID

I KNOW HOW IT IS WORKING ON TIPS, AND IF YOU WANT A GOOD ONE, YOU NEED TO BE NICE AND FRIENDLY TO EVERYONE.

I PROBABLY WOULD LEAVE A BIGGER TIP THAN IF THEY TOOK ONE OUT, BUT IF A BARTENDER EVER TAKES ONE OUT

THAT'S ALL HE'S GETTING FROM AND ME

AND

I WOULD TELL HIM, YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE OUT YOUR OWN TIPS BECAUSE I WOULD'VE LEFT YOU MORE

THEN I WOULD GIVE HIM A HUGE smile.gif

WHENEVER SOMEONE IS RUDE TO YOU

GIVE THEM A SMILE smile.gif

I GUARANTEE, THEY'LL APOLOGIZE, OR THEY'LL FEEL REALLY LOW

uh-oh

Kittie also makes a strong point.

I'll have to admit, when for some reason I don't tip a bartender, and they bitch about paying their bills, I always feel they should have thought of that before they became bartenders.

I didn't go to University and get a good education and job just to make up for other people's lack of ambition.

At they same time, they are providing a service and get shit on all the time by people who think just that.

What can I say... we walk a tightrope everytime. Ah, the politics of clubbing.

------------------

cold spoonin' on this lovely autumn day

spoonyd.iwarp.com

misskittie, for your sake I hope you end up bartending in very low key establishment and NOT in a club. Very slow?? I have yet seen a bardtender in a club that is slow. If they take a while with your drink it's because they have a mob of people that they have to take care of.

You can't expect these bartenders to be like robots. AND I have worked as a waitress myself . . . in a VERY busy establishment and although I agree with you that a friendly smile goes long ways . . . I know how it feels to be stiffed as well. For me it didn't happen too often, but in a bar it happens all the time.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new."

- Henry David Thoreau

angel.gif

I hate that shit too.. That happenedt o me at The World on Sat. Nite.. I was at the back bar, ordered two reg mixed drinks and two shots, bitch charged me 45 dollars..I went to another car and was only charged 32 dollars.. and to mention that my friend (one of the promoters) gave me drink tickets and the bitch wouldn't take them..

cwm10.gif

------------------

------------------------@

vampienyc10

vampie@aol.com

"One is not born a woman, one becomes one."

- Simone de Beauvoir

sa1227.gif

Well Blueangel I do plan on going to a club. Especially after where Im going to bartending school. Many times they are slow and Ive noticed it. I understand the mobs of people and I let that go but stop bs'ing with your co-workers. Get your job done then talk .

I use to work in a very high class resaturant which was extremely busy. I never once got stiffed but Im ready for that to happen when and if I get into a city club as a bartender. It happens and Im ready to accept that but I will work for it like I did when waitressing. Please I use to get 50 dollar tips. I know how to work it properly.

If I dotn get a tip then fine. Im only going to do bartending for the fun of it. I know many are in it for the money and thats fine but be nice. I dont have to leave a tip and if ur an asshole to me, YOURE NOT GETTING ONE! Plain and simple. I work hard for my money too. I do a lot here even though it doesnt seem like I do but Im good at multi tasking. Be polite, and you'll get my appreciation.

I dont stiff all bartenders. Thast not it at all. I spend lots of money on tip but when I come across a bartender who isnt worthy of my money, they wont get one.

------------------

Disco-02.gif

[This message has been edited by misskittie (edited 09-26-2000).]

I'm a bartender at a high volume club, so I know what you guys are saying. First off--thanks Blueangel--you understand. I'm sorry so many of you guys have had bad experiences w/ bartenders in the City. Just please remember its not our fault you paid $10 for a cosmo, and you paid $25 to get in and water is $5---we DON'T set the prices. People should take this into consideration when they decide to stiff us cause the club's to expensive. I HATE CHEAP PEOPLE!! cwm22.gif