Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Other Kinds of Music Do You Like?

Anything from trance to classic rock to hardcore (someone mentioned E-Town Concrete), well anything except hip-hop (puke) & country (double puke).

------------------

"In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing."

"To dream of the person you want to be is to waste the person you are."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garbage cwm7.gif

Angelfish

Depeche Mode

The Cure

KMFDM/MDFMK

Nine Inch Nails

Tool

A Perfect Circle

Ministry

Blink182

Offspring

Deftones

Filter

Girls Against Boys

Rammstein

Static X

Rob Zombie

Disturbed

Fear Factory

Orgy

Coal Chamber

Also some industrial/goth music.

cwm11.gif

------------------

lpbutton.gif

"Do you still dream...do you still dream like me...infectious corruptive dreams."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 09-19-2000).]

definatly dnb but that club music .. umm 80s are fresh .. and i havent listen to any in a long time but some ska/skacore like mighty mighty bosstones and shit liek that is fun sometimes and whatever hip hop obviously ...

------------------

lets go jets .....

cwm38.gif DEPECHE MODE cwm38.gif

Sting, Sarah Mc Lachlan, Massive Attack, Sountrack Lola Run, Chris Cornell, Madonna and more...

Love Amalka

------------------

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

i love hardcore & punk

- Sick Of It All, Agnostic Front, Nofx, Rancid, 7 seconds, Cause 4 Alarm, H20 also love Helmet, Biohazard, & ***Clutch!

i love select rap but no crap i like

WU TANG, Mobb Deep, Nas, Mos Def, Big L, Cannibus, etc

I love Reggae old & New!

i like 70's souls & r&b barry white isaak hayes al green p-funk sly & the family stone etc

classic rock Doors, Led Zep, Hendrix etc

i dig Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana & such

pretty much everything

actually i hate alot of shit---> MTV music Boybands, Britney SPears, Limp Bizkit & all there contempoary offshoots,

i hate Puffy Diddy (he ruined hip hop) i don't like too much of that Dirty South shit either

I love Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Nine Inch Nails, Soungarden, Alice In Chains, Faith No More and Metallica (even after the whole Napster thing).

BTW does anyone know if there is club (DJ) in NYC, where you can hear some house/trance remix of Nine Inch Nails? I have never heard it and I think it must be GREAT...

------------------

We're in this together now

none of them can stop us now

we will make it through somehow...

Originally posted by xmike:

I love Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Nine Inch Nails, Soungarden, Alice In Chains, Faith No More and Metallica (even after the whole Napster thing).

BTW does anyone know if there is club (DJ) in NYC, where you can hear some house/trance remix of Nine Inch Nails? I have never heard it and I think it must be GREAT...

Hehe, I was saying the same thing one night. It would be awesome if a DJ would play a non-house song or a remix of an old rock "classic" or something. I'd be in heaven... There must be mixes floating around though. I'd love to hear them also if anyone knows where to get them...

Oh, I never posted my favorite bands. Each one fits a certain mood or state of mind.

Pink Floyd, Scorpions, U2, Depeche Mode, Queen. Enigma, Sandra, Robert Miles on the softer side. Some rap or Rammstein when I'm pissed off. Some pop dance stuff which annoys me but sometimes is fun just for variety. Some good old Russian music and even some of the newer stuff. Sarah McLachlan, Alanis, REM, Sting, Metallica, Celine Dion, Soundgarden, The Cure (love their 2000 album), Joe Satriani, and etc etc etc. You get the idea - just all of it thrown in together. Makes no sense at all. A little bit of everything smile.gif

hardcore metal baby! =)

hehe that and house i listen to most but i can groove to anything else as well!

in flames -

meshuggah -

six feet under -

cryptopsy -

dying fetus -

anal cunt -

hypocrosy -

and hell yeah pep e-town !!!!

<-------- throws melanie c in the mosh!!!

cwm23.gif

------------------

alamo - http://www.alamohq.com

[This message has been edited by alamo (edited 09-20-2000).]

I love, love, love me some Hip Hop and R&B... Also love to listen to old freestyle from back in the day (will only listen to it by myself, though). Listen to the radio alot to get my dose of pop, such as NSYNC and Destiny's Child. Classic rock is good to hear once in a while as well. I cant just listen to house music all the time.

Everything but country.

Favorite 'other' stuff includes D&B, Garage, any classical, Pink Floyd (esp. DSOM, of course), Portishead, DAVE MATTHEWS BAND, Live, Chili Peppers, Sublime, Janis, ELO, Gypsy Kings, too many others...

But goddam I luv club music and I pretty much listen to it all the time.

cwm35.gif

Blue skies,

Melissa

------------------

All for fun and fun for all

mbdewey@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by blueskygirl (edited 09-20-2000).]

Originally posted by jeffkaos:

i love hardcore & punk

- Sick Of It All, Agnostic Front, Nofx, Rancid, 7 seconds, Cause 4 Alarm, H20 also love Helmet, Biohazard, & ***Clutch!

i love select rap but no crap i like

WU TANG, Mobb Deep, Nas, Mos Def, Big L, Cannibus, etc

I love Reggae old & New!

i like 70's souls & r&b barry white isaak hayes al green p-funk sly & the family stone etc

classic rock Doors, Led Zep, Hendrix etc

i dig Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana & such

pretty much everything

actually i hate alot of shit---> MTV music Boybands, Britney SPears, Limp Bizkit & all there contempoary offshoots,

i hate Puffy Diddy (he ruined hip hop) i don't like too much of that Dirty South shit either

Jeffkaos, I know we've talked about SOIA before, I still find it weird to see AF & CFA on a club message board. I see you're from Shaolin, you know Enrage by any chance ??

------------------

"In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing."

Gene:

I don't know Enrage personally if thats what you mean but i do have one of their cd's. I never really listened to it that much, so I don't even know if I like them. If you recommend, i will check it out.

who are your other HC faves besides SOIA?

PS af & cfa rock!

" the question they keep asking me, How can one so young be so bitter and angry, well the answer, is plain to see maybe if they weren't so blind they'd see what i see"

Originally posted by jeffkaos:

Gene:

I don't know Enrage personally if thats what you mean but i do have one of their cd's. I never really listened to it that much, so I don't even know if I like them. If you recommend, i will check it out.

who are your other HC faves besides SOIA?

PS af & cfa rock!

" the question they keep asking me, How can one so young be so bitter and angry, well the answer, is plain to see maybe if they weren't so blind they'd see what i see"

I know JeffEnrage personally, went to Susan Wagner HS with him, I would recommend them they sound like an angry Life Of Agony but harder, in terms of hardcore, I listen to alot of the older bands..

Underdog

Bad Brains

Supertouch

SOIA

AF

Black Flag

Burn

Breakdown

Killing Time

Murphy's Law

Leeway

old Biohazard

some of the "newer" bands I listen to:

Indecision

On The Rise

h2o

Hot Water Music

Refused

V.O.D.

Fear Factory

Avail

Lifetime

Enrage

Madball

E-Town Concrete

Skarhead

Hatebreed

E.G.H.

Southpaw

Ignite

a bunch of others.

Good to see someone else who appreciates H.C.

------------------

Originally posted by nightcrawler:

wow not one chilli peppers fan, well i think there was one, but cmon one?!?!? there a freakin awesome band!! pepper heads are u out there??? bring the people on this board to the otherside cwm26.gif

I said chili peppers.... One of the top 5 things about Woodstock 99!

Hugs!

Melissa

cwm1.gif

------------------

All for fun and fun for all

mbdewey@yahoo.com

I LOVE the Peppers Saw them live last month at the garden State Arts Center. Awesme show and in the rain no less but it was a good spiritual rain.

Sorry I left them out

"If you see me getting high knock me down"!

well actually please don't knock me down if you see me getting high

Originally posted by gene2k:

I know JeffEnrage personally, went to Susan Wagner HS with him, I would recommend them they sound like an angry Life Of Agony but harder, in terms of hardcore, I listen to alot of the older bands..

Underdog

Bad Brains

Supertouch

SOIA

AF

Black Flag

Burn

Breakdown

Killing Time

Murphy's Law

Leeway

old Biohazard

some of the "newer" bands I listen to:

Indecision

On The Rise

h2o

Hot Water Music

Refused

V.O.D.

Fear Factory

Avail

Lifetime

Enrage

Madball

E-Town Concrete

Skarhead

Hatebreed

E.G.H.

Southpaw

Ignite

a bunch of others.

Good to see someone else who appreciates H.C.

I like MAdball, Murphy's Law, & Black Flag

also like Warzone, I used to know Ray Beez before he passed away Let him rest in peace. he was a Great Guy! I met him believe it or not at Storm Raves back in 91

and he used to come to the limelight with me to chill.