Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How much should you tip the Dunkin Donuts cashier or the guy in the pizzaria?

jeffkaos

I give the Dunkin Donuts people my change after I buy breakfast...usually bout 50 or 60 cents...but only if they get the order right, those people are either deaf or stupid they always get it wrong.

------------------

Those who are envious stare. Those who are jealous frown. Those who are equal smile. Those who are above me look down. Then recoil with fear. For they know their time is near.

From one fo the greatest movies of all time:

MR. Pink:

I don't tip because society says I

gotta. I tip when somebody

deserves a tip. When somebody

really puts forth an effort, they

deserve a little something extra.

But this tipping automatically,

that shit's for the birds. As far

as I'm concerned, they're just

doin their job.

MR. BLUE

Our girl was nice.

MR. PInk

Our girl was okay. She didn't do

anything special.

MR. BLONDE

What's something special, take ya

in the kitchen and suck your dick?

They all laugh.

NICE GUY EDDIE

I'd go over twelve percent for

that.

MR. Pink

Look, I ordered coffee. Now we've

been here a long fuckin time, and

she's only filled my cup three

times. When I order coffee, I

want it filled six times.

MR. BLONDE

What if she's too busy?

MR. Pink

The words "too busy" shouldn't be

in a waitress's vocabulary.

NICE GUY EDDIE

Excuse me, Mr. Pink

but the last

thing you need is another cup of

coffee.

MR. pink

These ladies aren't starvin to

death. They make minimum wage.

When I worked for minimum wage, I

wasn't lucky enough to have a job

that society deemed tipworthy.

NICE GUY EDDIE

Ahh, now we're getting down to it.

It's not just that he's a cheap

bastard--

MR. ORANGE

--It is that too--

NICE GUY EDDIE

--It is that too. But it's also

he couldn't get a waiter job. You

talk like a pissed off dishwasher:

"Fuck those cunts and their

fucking tips."

MR. BLONDE

So you don't care that they're

counting on your tip to live?

Mr. pink

rubs two of his fingers together.

MR. pink

Do you know what this is? It's

the world's smallest violin,

playing just for the waitresses.

MR. BLONDE

You don't have any idea what

you're talking about. These

people bust their ass. This

is a hard job.

MR. Pink

So's working at McDonald's, but

you don't feel the need to tip

them. They're servin ya food, you

should tip em. But no, society

says tip these guys over here, but

not those guys over there. That's

bullshit.

MR. ORANGE

They work harder than the kids at

McDonald's.

MR. WHITE

Oh yeah, I don't see them cleaning

fryers.

MR. BROWN

These people are taxed on the tips

they make. When you stiff 'em,

you cost them money.

MR. BLONDE

Waitressing is the number one

occupation for female non-college

graduates in this country. It's

the one jab basically any woman

can get, and make a living on.

The reason is because of tips.

MR. Pink

Fuck all that.

They all laugh.

MR. PINK

Hey, I'm very sorry that the

government taxes their tips.

That's fucked up. But that ain't

my fault. it would appear that

waitresses are just one of the

many groups the government fucks

in the ass on a regular basis.

You show me a paper says the

government shouldn't do that, I'll

sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll

vote for it. But what I won't do

is play ball. And this non-

college bullshit you're telling

me, I got two words for that:

"Learn to fuckin type." Cause if

you're expecting me to help out

with the rent, you're in for a big

fuckin surprise.

MR. ORANGE

He's convinced me. Give me my

dollar back.

Everybody laughs. Joe's comes back to the table.

JOE

Okay ramblers, let's get to

rambling. Wait a minute, who

didn't throw in?

MR. ORANGE

Mr. PINK

JOE

(to Mr. Orange)

Mr. PINK?

(to Mr. PINK)

Why?

MR. ORANGE

He don't tip.

JOE

(to Mr. Orange)

He don't tip?

(to Mr. PINK)

You don't tip? Why?

MR. ORANGE

He don't believe in it.

JOE

(to Mr. Orange)

He don't believe in it?

(to Mr. PINK)

You don't believe in it?

MR. ORANGE

Nope.

JOE

(to Mr. Orange)

Shut up!

(to Mr. PINK)

Cough up the buck, ya cheap

bastard, I paid for your goddamn

breakfast.

MR. PINK

Because you paid for the

breakfast, I'm gonna tip.

Normally I wouldn't.

JOE

Whatever. Just throw in your

dollar, and let's move.

(to Mr. Blonde)

See what I'm dealing with here.

Infants. I'm fuckin dealin with

infants.

that movie is crazy! I cant remember the name of the song but when the guy cut the cops ear off... icon2.gif he was dancing around singing...everytime I hear that song that is the first thing that I think of. cwm25.gif

------------------

Love can be magic, but sometimes magic can be an illusion LUVlove.gif

JEFF, THAT WAS FUCKING HILARIOUS. cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

------------------

A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT! --Me

i know you're out there...i can feel you now. i know that you're afraid...that you're afraid of us...afraid of change..i dont know the future..i didnt come here to tell you how this is going to end. i came here to tell you how it begins. im going to hang up this phone, and im going to show these people what you dont want them to see. im going to show them the world....a world with out you....a world withough rules or controls a world without borders or boundries..... a world where anying is possible where we go from there is a choice i leave to you--Neo

Clubbers dont fall,they trip, and roll-Erm

Originally posted by cytherea:

that movie is crazy! I cant remember the name of the song but when the guy cut the cops ear off... icon2.gif he was dancing around singing...everytime I hear that song that is the first thing that I think of. cwm25.gif

The name of that song is

"Stuck In The Middle With You"

"...I got a feeling that something ain't right...."

------------------

"A fool and his money are soon partying."

"Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route."

Why shouldn't they be tipped? Your bar-tender unscrews a beer cap, and gives it to you and you feel the need to tip, but you wouldn't tip someone at Dunkin Donuts who turns around, puts a donut in a bag and gives it to you? (BTW, who do you think got up really early and baked those donuts??) Also, the gas attendant on the highway, who comes out in the cold to pump gas in your car?

IMO, it should be more like Europe, where tipping anywhere (incl. bars) is NOT the norm...only happens when you get exceptional service!

------------------

Music saved my soul!

I just had this discussion at work.

What do you guys tip the guy who delivers the food? Do you base it on distance? on the cost of the food order? or (like myself) I have a standard tip.

The last guy that delivered food gave me the most evil look when I tipped him. I mean you could taste that look.

Yeah thats their job, thats what they get paid for, to put my donut in a bag. They didn't do me any favor, they didn't go outa their way for me. A bartneder gets a big tip from me cause I want something from them that they didn't have to give me... A stronger 7&7 or a Long Island that'l put me on my ass. I tip the delivery giy well cause I know thats how they get paid, they get like 4 or 5 an hour plus tips. And if he's real late with my food he doesn't get as much (still tip him good, just not as good)... Thats how it works. And whats up with the tip cup at Subway, thats even dumber than the cup at D&D's.

Originally posted by gabrielll:

Yeah thats their job, thats what they get paid for, to put my donut in a bag. They didn't do me any favor, they didn't go outa their way for me. A bartneder gets a big tip from me cause I want something from them that they didn't have to give me... A stronger 7&7 or a Long Island that'l put me on my ass. I tip the delivery giy well cause I know thats how they get paid, they get like 4 or 5 an hour plus tips. And if he's real late with my food he doesn't get as much (still tip him good, just not as good)... Thats how it works. And whats up with the tip cup at Subway, thats even dumber than the cup at D&D's.

So, what happens when that bartender does NOT make my drink strong, or didn't serve me in time?? I have every right not to tip them, right.

And is it every gas attendant's job to check your oil, clean your windshields, etc?

How about waitressing? What if all the waitress does is bring you the food, clean up after you, etc...isn't that just her job as well? Why tip her?

IMO, this tipping thing has been way too inconsistent (as in which professions get tipped and which don't). Either do for it all or don't do at all!

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Yeah but the Dunkin Donut person and the Subway guy, gimmie a break... Thats just stupid. Nobody has to go out of their way for me to get a tip (if their profession is associated with receiving tips), but if I think a bartenders been an asshole to me F him. Im under no obligation to tip anybody. Like when you get a haircut, if they spend extra time and extra care with you youll tip them alot more than someone who rushed and fucked your head up right. What does a D&D person do for you that deserves a tip anyway that they hadn't done in their years of service, only now they put a tip cup out for??? And how you gonna give someone a .25 cent tip antway, I dont agree with the whole thing but to each his own right

Originally posted by nikkisticks:

I was in Baskin Robbins the other day. This guy made the most awsome Cap. Blast. I wanted to give him a tip, and he said that he wasn't allowed to accept tips. That isn't fair, I should be able to tip the cutie if I want! cwm10.gif

You see, thats exactly what I mean - why can't you tip someone/anyone you think did an exceptionally good job! Why is there so much inconsistency?

And for the people who're pissed cuz Subway and DD just started this tipping business - do you think tipping bartenders has been around since the start? In many other countries bar-tenders, and sometimes even waitresses, are not tipped.

I'm not saying that tipping should be disallowed - all I'm saying is that it should be consistent across all applicable service industries.

------------------

Music saved my soul!

I think tip cups are ridiculous. Next thing you know they'll be at the McDonalds and then the drycleaners gonna want one to get your clothes off the rack. Of course there's the bagger at the grocery store and don't forget the deli guy cutting your meat! You get the point, it can go on forever.

Table servers and bartenders have always been tipped. That's the norm. But, now everyone wants a tip, for what? To turn around and pick up a donut? If you need more $$ shoot for something higher than Dunkin Donuts.

I wonder how the clients here would react if they called to do a trade and I told them they'd have to tip me.

------------------

blultbar.gif

disco_anim_bf16.gif A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.