Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You know Zombie Nation Is Cheesey when....

crommy

They play it at the Mets game.

Yes, after the Mets took the lede in the fifth when Darryl Hamilton knocked in Timo Perez from third with a single, the sound system blarred Zombie Nation

As the Shea Stadium faithful chanted in unison to the song, the expression on my face turn from one of joy to one of shock. I couldnt believe my ears. I called up my friends to tell them about the unbelievable occurance, but couldnt get through bc they were trying to call me bc they could hear the song on the tv broadcast!!!

I heading back there tonight, with my glowsticks in hand smile.gifIf they play For An Angel AND beat the Braves, I think I'll faint.

You know that song is so cheesey, bc the Mets marketing department is so lame, you would think you were at a minor league baseball game if you didnt know better.

this is near and dear to my heart...

the cheese battle

1. they played it @ a sox game too

2. its not cheese... its a crossover

BIG DIFFERENCE

I heard this song over a year ago @ an afterhours when it was the deepest nastsiest track out, If you had a cpoy, it was a white label...

huge DJS were dropping it as there outro song in SoBe and ibiza...

so now everyones got the fever right?

it happens all the time in EVERY type of music...

on the board i moderate( www.djchat.com )

PLUG PLUG PLUG

cwm1.gifcwm1.gif

WE HAVE THE CHEESE CONVERSATION ALL THE TIME.

look @ like music sounds batter and insomnia...back in the day they were nasty. now there used in commercials

Now that " THE CLUB GENERATION HAS RISEN"

prepare for marketing depts. all over to hop on the band wagon... i site:

bacardi... using hte whole club theme in there current promo's

So kernkraft is only the begining...

remember "the launch" that crossedover huge!

what will be the next crossover?

maybe commercials will start biting Badboy bill

id say cwm25.gif

------------------

djjoshuacarl.com

[O!]{}[O!]

This comes back to the whole thing of Commercial. If it wasn't played on the radio it wouldn't be commercial right, and it wasn't commercial when it wasn't on the radio yet. I really can't think of a dj within the style it can be used who didn't rip that song every night. Its really a good song technically too.

cwm31.gif

djjoshuacarl1:

I cant believe they played it at a Sox game too!

true, Zombie Nation has crossovered if its made it to the big time venue of baseball stadiums. Once they start playing it at NBA games and such, then can we call it cheesey?

First time I heard it was at Exit in March, I think. Now its huge in Europe.

I guess a lot of it has to do with context, when and where you hear it.

There is a fine line betweem commerical and cheesey: Overplay anything and it gets cheesey real fast, IMO.

But hey, if people like the song, thats great. it was just that hearing the song at a baseball game made two of my worlds collide

Originally posted by shannah:

I knew it was cheesy when I heard it at the WNBA semifinals and a pre-season Rangers game at the garden.

Nuf said.

cwm3.gif

Hey, I like the Rangers as much as the next white trash chick, but any "music" they are playing at a game, I don't wanna hear.

yeah. they played it every night i was in ibiza too, and it seemed like the crowd loved it.

it will probably be on the next stupid "jock jams" cd or something.

i am glad there are still some songs that are sacred to us that don't get played at major sporting events. most progressive trance is too deep for our american society to be chanting at baseball games. let's keep it that way.