Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sandra Collins...love her!

lolly

Actually Brandie, she was supposed to spin from 1:30 - 3....but she came on at 2 or so cuz spacegirl played longer...and then she left at 3:15 affter scott henry tried to make out wit hher and she had a bunch of pictures taken of her...and someone was filming some stuff with topless girls on stage...

------------------

------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

Yea, she didn't look to happy when all the caffiene people came on stage and started throwing buttons and shit. My story that makes me think she is great is because after dancing in front of her for her entire set I grabed a piece of paper and wrote:

"Thanks Sandra! Best sex (arrow pointing to your set) I ever had. //sariman"

She took the paper with her off stage. Asshole DJs would have just dropped it right there and gone about signing autographs. So she gets a +10 in kindness and respect.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

Originally posted by lolly:

After seeing her at a rave last year in Cancun she really got some respect from me. It must be hard to be a female DJ in this industry. Not too many out there. But she is OFF THE WALL in my opinion. I just bought her Tranceport 3 album and it's awesome! I can't stop listening to it.

Anyone with me? Also, does anyone know where she spins regularly? Does she even have a regular residency anywhere? Thanks!

she is at crobar in CHicago but she tours a lot also. She's been one of my favorites for 3 years already when I saw her in twilo a long time ago...I knew she was amazing and the 4 times I've seen her since then she's been just as good or better. You might like her older cd's "Lost in the MIX" & "Lost in Time." Whateva...I'm a Sandra Collins nut...I actually spoke to her fro a couple minutes after her set with oakenfold last year...got her autograph..she's a sweety too..anyhow, I'll keep you updated on SC events whenever i can...I have a few live sets of her too...you might like em...email for more info...later hun & happy <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">new years

</a>

she's one of my personal favorites!!!!!!!!!! cwm9.gif

------------------

~The poor long for Riches,

The rich long for Heaven,

But the wise desire Tranquility.~

*"The only good is knowledge. The only evil is ignorance."* Socrates

*Love always starts with a kiss, and ends with a tear.*

sandra collins does kick some major ass; i'd never seen her before beyond 2k (last week) and was blown away.

you guys keep talking about how it's hard for women to make it in this biz. having your next statement be that she's one sexy [fill in the blank] doesn't do much for that cause. why is it that whenever there's a female dj on a lineup the flyer always says, "check out this hottie behind the tables"? i've yet to see a male dj just described as a "sexy hunk of burning love" who just happens to be spinning wax.

of course, sandra collins has earned more of a rep as a talented dj, but i have ACTUALLY seen flyers where female djs were just described as "hotties" and the type of music they play wasn't even mentioned. i personally go to parties to listen to the music and dance, not to stare at the djs.

anyway, not to bring down the mood of this topic, which was originally about the awesome talent of sandra collins, but i thought this should be brought up.

happy <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">new year </a> and rock on!

Originally posted by weyes:

sandra collins does kick some major ass; i'd never seen her before beyond 2k (last week) and was blown away.

you guys keep talking about how it's hard for women to make it in this biz. having your next statement be that she's one sexy [fill in the blank] doesn't do much for that cause. why is it that whenever there's a female dj on a lineup the flyer always says, "check out this hottie behind the tables"? i've yet to see a male dj just described as a "sexy hunk of burning love" who just happens to be spinning wax.

of course, sandra collins has earned more of a rep as a talented dj, but i have ACTUALLY seen flyers where female djs were just described as "hotties" and the type of music they play wasn't even mentioned. i personally go to parties to listen to the music and dance, not to stare at the djs.

anyway, not to bring down the mood of this topic, which was originally about the awesome talent of sandra collins, but i thought this should be brought up.

happy <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/ <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">newyearseve</a> /"> <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">new year </a> </a> and rock on!

Just to restore your faith in the male clubber... although I haven't heard S.C. I have been to several clubs with female djs and I have no idea what they look like... so some of us do go for the music and not the "talent" behind the decks