Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OMFG...ANTHONY FUCKIN' PAPPA!

Twilo needs a new roof 'cause Anthony Pappa blew it off last night!

We show up around 11pm and Slacker was spinning and he was good...some really nice dark trance too...reminded me of Jimmy Van M. a little bit.

Then Pappa got on at 2am...and holy shit...he was on fire. It was the hardest and darkest set I ever heard him play. He blew away his sets that he did back in August and back in October with Tong. He started bangin' from 2am on...he fully tested the Phazon speakers...I know, I was sitting right on them. I only recognized one track from his set and it was Pushing Too Hard from Saints & Sinners. If anyone knows what else he played...tell us...I wanna know. He started and went all the way to the top...he never came back down and he took us with him. He was making Slacker jump around in the dj booth. His mixing was flawless. He was amazing last night...he left around 5 or 5:30, I think...He left on top too...then Cass came in and in my opinion I think he couldn't deliver after Pappa's set. He was ok, I expected more...I was on such a high from Pappa's set...Cass brought me straight down...we closed out Twilo again...as usual.

I know lots of you missed a great fuckin' set by Pappa...pOOh especially wink.gif

He's really up there now with Sasha & Digweed...one of the best.

I just wish he plays longer sets...Pappa was the man!

cwm7.gif

------------------

duvet.gif

Maybe someday is when it all stops or maybe someday always comes again...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

exitsux@deeznutz.com

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 12-30-2000).]

I had a great time at TWilo last night. Got there at like 3:30 or so with Mikey and Pappa was pretty fuckin HOT.......I didnt know what to expect from him..but I was impressed.

I also really enjoyed Cass's set. He played some great tunes also. They ended up playing Saints and Sinners again for the encore at 7 am. by that time I was sooo exhausted.....the redbulls and ephedrine wore off and I had ben sober for like an hour or two.

Then BOOOOOOOOOM walk outside and there is like 6 inches of Snow...and nooooooo cabs.

I walked with some people to the subway about 8 blocks away. It was actually miserable but quite beatiful at the same time. when the city gets deserted like that and it is snowing so hard It really is a beautiful city.

well...thats all for me about last night. To the few heads i saw out last night Mikey, Steve, Dave , Charlie, Frank,Sariman.....ummmmmmmmmm anyone else?????? oh yeah to the TWILOGODDESS, it was great meeting you last night, I love your collar...hehehe. Very cool chick...very cool.

thats all folks....

-Andy

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

by the way...

Does anyone know any tracks he spun last night???

The only 2 I knew were:

Saints & Sinners - Pushin too hard &

Trancesetters - Roaches (Peace div mix) of course

Everything else sounded really new to me except for a track that seemed to be a remix of Narcotic Influence from Empirion.

-Trancer

I've been to the 2 year anniversary of Sasha and Digweed. The 3 year anniversary of Sasha and Digweed. <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Year's </a> Day with Sasha and Digweed...Carl Cox's 2 year anniversary...Ibiza this summer for the closing parties and Anthony Pappa's set was the best set I've ever heard. HOLY SHIT!

The place was nuts and it was pure chaotic progressive trance during his entire set. Cass had nothing in comparison to what Anthony Pappa was laying down track after track.

To add to the list of songs played by Mr. Pappa, you can add Underworld's "Dark and Long" (Dark Train). Now, I cannot decide what to this January since Mr. Pappa will be returning Jan. 13 with David Alvarado and Seb Fontaine is spinning the day before!

Twilo and Anthony Pappa - a great marriage.

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Originally posted by janky:

Now, I cannot decide what to this January since Mr. Pappa will be returning Jan. 13 with David Alvarado and Seb Fontaine is spinning the day before!

Ooops, I meant Sean Cusick and Anthony Pappa on Jan. 13!

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Originally posted by human101:

sigh...good review frank...i can almost feel like i'm there...almost being the key word...sigh...i miss nyc...

AUSTIN!!

How've you been bro? Hopefully good, get your ass back here soon...PVD and Danny and Cox in February baby!

------------------

duvet.gif

shadowchaser076@aol.com

exitsux@deeznutz.com

Originally posted by sariman:

I just have one question...

Can YOU dance to my beat... to my beat... to my beat!!!

//sariman

If he played that track, that's the Ambassador mix of Blaze's "Can you dance to my beat?". I dont like that track all too much, but DT has been rocking it for a couple of months now. Its gonna be released in January.

- Ali

------------------

This weeks gigs:

Friday - Joey Moskowitz's Bar Mitzvah

Saturday - Twilo Main Floor opening for Junior

PM for Guestlist

Originally posted by Abstrakt:

If he played that track, that's the Ambassador mix of Blaze's "Can you dance to my beat?". I dont like that track all too much, but DT has been rocking it for a couple of months now. Its gonna be released in January.

Thanks man. I was wondering what the name of that track was. But, I heard DT drop it last night at Vinyl and the one Pappa dopped sounded like it was a different mix.

Could be wrong though.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

this night was the BEST FUCKIN night of twilo 2000. i've also been to s&d, pvd, carl cox, pete tong, etc etc. but hands down this was the best night at twilo in a really long time-- it blew s&d away from the weekend before!

anyway, i got there around 2 am, and whenever that woman is at the door, i get a bit apprehensive-- she just does not like asian ravers. but fortunately, she smiles at me, thanks me, and let's me in (with my fat ass pants and sneakers on!). nice! you guys know who i am talking about? she's mad pretty though.

i walk in, and i see casey and her man (whaddup girl!) doing their shit, i wanted to hop in and show off too, but i wanted to wait on cracking my glowstix later on in the night. wink.gif

did you guys stay until the end? i was going crazy with my glowstix if you guys saw me-- i was wearing a yellow tank top and huge black raver pants-- my arms still hurt!

what annoyed me was when guys would come up to me, grab my glowstix, and think that they could show me a thing or two. you know i would just grab them back and kick their ass with my skillz..

what was the very last song that slacker, i believe, dropped?

afterwards, i headed to an after hours in chinatown after we got kicked out of twilo.. and then collapsed. i wish i had known other CNYC people were there.. what a great night.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Originally posted by kitty19:

Was it Slacker after Pappa?

Well anyway whoever opened for Pappa was good...and after Pappa was blah...The last song he dropped was Saints & Sinners - Pushing Too Hard.

I think Pappa's set blew away S&D last month too.

------------------

duvet.gif

shadowchaser076@aol.com

exitsux@deeznutz.org

this night was the BEST FUCKIN night of twilo 2000. i've also been to s&d, pvd, carl cox, pete tong, etc etc. but hands down this was the best night at twilo in a really long time-- it blew s&d away from the weekend before!

anyway, i got there around 2 am, and whenever that woman is at the door, i get a bit apprehensive-- she just does not like asian ravers. but fortunately, she smiles at me, thanks me, and let's me in (with my fat ass pants and sneakers on!). nice! you guys know who i am talking about? she's mad pretty though.

i walk in, and i see casey and her man (whaddup girl!) doing their shit, i wanted to hop in and show off too, but i wanted to wait on cracking my glowstix later on in the night. wink.gif

did you guys stay until the end? i was going crazy with my glowstix if you guys saw me-- i was wearing a yellow tank top and huge black raver pants-- my arms still hurt!

what annoyed me was when guys would come up to me, grab my glowstix, and think that they could show me a thing or two. you know i would just grab them back and kick their ass with my skillz..

afterwards, i headed to an after hours in chinatown after we got kicked out of twilo.. and then collapsed. i wish i had known other CNYC people were there.. what a great night.

Yea that girl can be a real bitch sometimes. I think she looks pretty funny in the russian hat she always wears. Anyway I think I saw you rocking with some sticks. We spent the night hanging out by the speaker in front of the left side of the bleachers where the asians normally hang out.

If it was you then you got some style girl. I don't really remember though because my brain in mush from New Years.... DAMN THAT WAS FUN!

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

Originally posted by sariman:

We spent the night hanging out by the speaker in front of the left side of the bleachers where the asians normally hang out.

hey, i was chillin in front of the speakers by the bleachers, but by the bar. where you at those or the other ones, by the power bar? at the very end of the night, i was sitting on the bleachers. what were you wearing? were you with CNYC people? damnit!

thanks for the compliment! i practice glowstix whenever my hands are free.. if i don't have glowstix, i practice with pencils or tampons wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Hey girl!! Sorry I didn't get to talk to you too much! One minute you were there and next minute you weren't!! Where did you go??

I wish I saw you!! confused.gif We always seem to miss each other when we dance!

I know what you mean about people TRYING to out dance you like they have any moves!! I was enjoying myself watching Mitchell and Star (our friend) dance in the circle when out of NO WHERE this white chick comes in stumbling and moving around acting stupid. Then to make matters worse she comes stumbling over to me and start waving her glow sticks in face face. confused2.gif Well . . . you know rest of the story. I wasn't planning on dancing in the circle but after that . . . HAD TO!! wink.gif

I had such a great time that night. Besides the drinks I had earlier I stayed sober after that for the whole night. The music was totally ON POINT and the vibe was absolutely great!!

Frank is right when he said that Twilo definately needs a new roof cause Papa blew that shit AWAY!!

BlueAngel

------------------

"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists . . . in the loved one, perfection." -Sydney Portier angel.gif

BluAnglTek.jpg

Originally posted by blueangel:

Where did you go??

I wish I saw you!!

casey, yea, i was chillin on the side watching you guys, but then this group of annoying people were coming in pushing and trying to get into the circle, i was like fuck this. i came back around, but i didn't see you guys-- i was chillin on the speakers the entire night.

don't you hate it girl, when guys try to show you off just b/c you are a girl with glowstix? i hate that shit.

my biggest pet peeve, and this actually kills my fuckin roll, is when people try to walk away with my glowstix!! the last time that happened to me, like a year ago at PVD, these bitches in hoe gear took my glowstix and i wanted to cry! grr, never let that happen again, oh hellz no. wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

hey, i was chillin in front of the speakers by the bleachers, but by the bar. where you at those or the other ones, by the power bar? at the very end of the night, i was sitting on the bleachers. what were you wearing? were you with CNYC people? damnit!

I spent most of the time in front of the bleachers to the left of the power bar. But, I was going back and forth between the corner steps and the bleachers.

I learned my lesson about being a white boy whering UFOs in Twilo so I just came in everyday wear... white Lucky's, a black sweater, and my ever faithful adidas shoes.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect