Clubplanet Nightlife Community

can someone please define the term "hooked up" for me??

there are several usages for "hooked up", but the most common use, i believe, is to say that you engaged in some intimate act with another person, without the involvement of actual intercourse.

ex: "yea, i hooked up with that girl at exit last night."

if you were going to have sex with that girl, wouldn't it simply be: "yea, i fucked her." cwm1.gif

i also like to use "hooked up" to describe cars, people with mad drugs and/or money, someone's place, someone with mad connects..

i love slang. wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Hooking up is from making out on. So if you make out with a girl then you hooked up and if you fucked her then you also hooked up. If I'm talking to a my boy and fucked some girl I would say "I fucked so and so." but if I'm just talking to someone and they ask me I'll say "I hooked up with her."

I've heard the term "hooked up" used when someone has engaged in some sort of sexual activity with another, ranging from kissing to intercourse. The term implies that it was only for that night, and does not imply that the two people are "dating". So that when you "hook up" with someone, at a club or party or wherever, you should not expect that there is going to be any further involvement with that person necessarily.

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

hooking up can mean different things ie. kissing/sex. so when u say she/he hooked up w/someone u have to define what u mean/consider by hooking up.

------------------

"your traveling to another dimension a dimension not only in sight and sound but of mind a journey into a wondrous land whos boundaries are that of imagination your next stop the twilight zone." athenalust@hotmail.com

Originally posted by kitty19:

there are several usages for "hooked up", but the most common use, i believe, is to say that you engaged in some intimate act with another person, without the involvement of actual intercourse.

if you were going to have sex with that girl, wouldn't it simply be: "yea, i fucked her." cwm1.gif

i also like to use "hooked up" to describe cars, people with mad drugs and/or money, someone's place, someone with mad connects..

i love slang. wink.gif

stealing my shit again wink.gif j/k i totally agree with Young . . . again biggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

you know, now that i think about it . . my mother refers to me going out and meeting my friends as "hooking up with them" . . .

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

seems like 'hooking up' has changed its definition in the last 6 years or so. or maybe it's just us, as we get older...back in high school, hooking up was the same as making out, sometimes with more sexual contact, but no sex by presidential definition. By the time I got out of college, hooking up was synonymous with a one night stand, sometimes with breakfast and a polite 'get the hell out now' included.

Is it that the meaning has changed, or is it still the same @ high school level, and we broaden the meaning as we get older? i don't know. cwm3.gif

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Originally posted by kitty19:

i love slang. wink.gif

Yep.. You said it smile.gif

UGGHH I'm getting old!!!!!!

I always thought it meant making out!

Next time you guys go clubbing and see an old granny freaking it on the dance floor, that's me! cwm26.gif

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

seems like 'hooking up' has changed its definition in the last 6 years or so. or maybe it's just us, as we get older...back in high school, hooking up was the same as making out, sometimes with more sexual contact, but no sex by presidential definition. By the time I got out of college, hooking up was synonymous with a one night stand, sometimes with breakfast and a polite 'get the hell out now' included.

Is it that the meaning has changed, or is it still the same @ high school level, and we broaden the meaning as we get older? i don't know. cwm3.gif

so "I boinked him like a bunny, smacked him on his ass, and sent him on his way" = "I hooked up with him"??????

What you said is exactly why i asked the question, but from everyone's answers it seems the definition is not clear-cut! The whole "he hooked me up with some killa bud" thing is the only usage of this term that is clear to me. Now if someone says "I hooked up with him/her" i'm like "so, did you fuck them?".....

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a snow bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Originally posted by uknjx2:

"so, did you fuck them?".....

NO! What do you think I am, some kind of ho?

cwm27.gif

seriously, it looks like more of a personal interpretation thing. Maybe that's why some people have issues with others, because things like this get blown out of proportion (ie one side takes it to mean MUCH more than the other.) That's the point you're trying to make?

where the hell is the dictionary on this one...

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery