Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Friday Nite Twilo Report: Lawler/Quivver/Three

one word: sexy

Steve Lawler has come, and joining Deep Dish who play next month, Twilo is going through a bit of a house music renaissance. . .

got to Twilo around 12:30pm (thank you shadowcaster and ezdreamer) and proceeded to the dancefloor. . . DJ Three was aiight, nothing spectacular, and at one point i swear to God it was nothing but a train wreck that I could've gotten out of. . .

but you knew the moment Lawler came on. . . all of a sudden the crowds mood switched from having a good time, to rockin the booty all night long. . . there was a mad CRAZY energy permeating from everyone on the dancefloor. . . at one point, from under the discoball, i swear every GODDAMN person in the club was going to get laid last night. . . of course, i ate that shit up. . . Lawler did not disappoint, playing all the hits we expected to hear, and a few other ditties that brought us into the Deep House catagory. . .

there were quite a few vinylheads there as well. . . which was really surprising with Danny spinnin tonight and all, but it definitely added to the crowds vibe. . .

Quivver came on around 4:30am/5am. . . started the prog. house and moved into trance as the night moved on. . . he finished off the night at 7am with Rui DaSilva's "Touch Me". . . classic. . .

thumbs up once again. . . Lawler gets the crowd all riled up and i will definitely be back for more. . .

see y'all at Deep Dish?? cwm35.gif

------------------

women are my favorite drug. . . they're the ones that fuck you up the most!!

Last night was simply off the meter... It's so true -- once Lawler's set kicked in, the crowd went wiiiiiild... I was loving every vocal... "Don't say you love me... don't say you love me..." AAAAARGH! I'm still reeling from that... All in all, I really needed a night of some really bangin' stuff.. anyone who saw me dancing can tell you I was sooooooooo loving it...

And to all the CNYC people who were there with whom I chilled, you rock!!

- meli -

------------------

bubbles_06b.icobubbles_02.icobubbles_07.icobubbles_04.icobubbles_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

Why oh why did Lawler leave so early?

His 2 1/2 - 3 hour set was incredible and went by way too fast. Right off, when he came on with Midnight on West 27th, the whole energy level and vibe changed.

He is so freakin' dirty with his sexy tribal tunes. Relentless too. I cant say enough good things about his set. Threw in a bunch of crowd favorites:" pushing too hard, muzak -- and a Depeche Mode remix that made all the new wave fans go nuts.

Quivver was a letdown, but how could he not after Lawler's performance.

However, I wouldnt equate Lawler with Deep Dish like noiseboy did. Moreso Tenaglia -- especially the way he keeps the crowd way up there -- something you can only tell from seeing both DJs live, rather than just listening to the CDs.

Stayed til close and I bet about half the people left were clubnycers! Great seeing all you guys again.

Next DJ to get all hot and excited about: Danny Howells on the 20th spinning a 7 hour set that I wish Lawler had.....

All I gotta say is...

Damn damn damn damn damn. SO bummed that I missed it. :-(

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

I had a great time.... it was good to meet all the familiar faces, and a few new ones (Petrol, Melichacha) too.

I enjoyed Lawler's set quite a bit..... I thought he was going to be spinning an extended set from 2pm on, until somebody (either Al or Frank) clued me in that Quiver was set to close the place down. I'm kinda bummed that my body couldn't keep pace with my energy level -- I had to take a few prolonged breaks to make it through the night.

Quiver was a bit odd...... I thought he really train-wrecked with about an hour to go when he did a very abrasive transition from a high- to a low-energy track. And in general his music didn't keep me as interested as most of Lawler's stuff did. But it was still a quality night out, all things considered.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Originally posted by noiseboy:

(thank you shadowcaster and ezdreamer)

No prob at at all...what are friends for...

Quickie review since nOiseboY did a a good one. wink.gif

Lawler was great, but way too damn short...I loved that remix of that Depeche Mode song he dropped...I was hoping he would've dropped tunes from NuBreed...his set was great but to me it wasn't as dark and sexy as other sets I've heard of his...

Lawler passd the ball to Quivver...and Quivver fumbled. I thought he started off good and went to sucking. The place closed at 7am?! Earlier than last week...I left around around 6:30...had to leave, Quivver was putting me to sleep.

Nice to see all you peeps again...

Noiseboy...it's shadowchaser to you...man-whore. biggrin.gif

------------------

duvet.gif

you're so twisted...hold me...i am nice and easy...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

exitsux@deeznutz.org

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 01-06-2001).]

Guys.....you know that whole part of the evening where the crowd went nuts....yeah when lawler came on????????

Well folks, THAT is what i live for. That was the most intense part of the night.....it really kicked me into high gear wink.gif

-Al

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"Live for Twilo Fridays, The rest are just details" -Me

-----"I can walk in straight lines, within my own crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

tw.jpg

twilo.jpg

Hey Everyone

good seing you last night. Sorry I had to lie and say I wasnt going. It was all a ploy to surprise that kid we all call AL. Hadnt seen him in weeks so I just had to see the look on his face when I popped in.

Had a greattime chillin with all of you. The music was pumpin...and there was a great crowd there. Plus the way they decorated the place....HOLY SHIT!!!!!Those huge faces everywhere were GREAT.By about 6 am I was falling asleep on the steps( i guess ephedrine and REdbull only help so much)but Istill had a blast. Finally I forced myself to hit the floor one last time and BOOOOOOOMMMM next song was Rui da Silva. OMG fuckin rocked. I even recorded 2 minutes of it on my celly. Came out good too. Now if I could just figure out a way to get it into a mp3 format???????

Oh well.....I'll see yo guys soon. If you donthave nothing to do check my post This Sat., abunch of headz are going to a bar and chillintonight. Come by.

Andy

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

Lawler's music appeals to the most basic human instincts ... the crowd was downright tribal during his set. We should have set a bonfire under the disco ball and sacrificed virgins ...

Three and Quivver were basically excuses to chill out with the bootiful peeps from ClubPlanet ...

Oh stop your complaining... It was a good night out. It sure beats going to Exit, SF, & World and listen to their djs. Give me the tunes that Quivver and Three were dropping last night anyday over what NY djs play. Not necessarily speaking about every NY dj. You guys know which ones I'm ranting about.

I also agree that 3 hours isn't enough for Lawler to do justice. He needs a night like Howells. 7 hour set on January 20th.

hey all...new to the board but i hate to give somewhat of a dissenting opinion from all of the others about lawler...thought he was pretty good, but he dropped too many interludes for me and didnt bring me back as hard as i would've liked...the crowd energy is what did it for me though...made it a worthwhile night definately

------------------

i'm only doing this once...until the second time

Definitely another great night at Twilo. The first DJ (Three, I think) was pretty good. But when Lawler came on, he just took it to another level. The energy was turned up a notch...or two...or three. His music just kept getting better and better. BTW...I was hoping to get some help IDing a song that he played at like 4ish.It was really trippy, with a female vocal saying something about love and cherish. That song was niiiiiiiiiiiice. Can anybody help a brotha out...please!

Anyways, bounced at like 4:45 because my legs couldn't take it anymore and because I had work at 9am, so I didn't get a chance to catch Quivver's set. But Lawler definitely lived up to the hype.

Next week it's the progressive sounds of Seb Fontaine...I'm definitely looking forward to that one.

it was really nice meeting shadowchaser and ezdreamer...

shadowchaser - you asked me what i thought of lawler and i said he had his moments. i didn't know that he only spun for a few hours... when i come to think about it, he was absolutely live. quivver...eh. i thought lawler was going to spin all night.

no more twilo for me for a loooooong time. back to cali tomorrow!!!

cheers...sniffles.

------------------

lightshow.giflightshow.giflightshow.giflightshow.gif

Last night was definately one of the better times I have had in Twilo in the recent future. Yea Lawler's set was short, and Quiver couldn't keep pace with the rest of them, but all in all it was a great fucking party!

The track selection by Lawler was simply magnificent, but he needs (or I need for that matter) a good seven hour dose for his sounds to do justice.

Howells is the next big night. C ya there.

------------------

*************************I got to thank god for the music.

Sounds like you'll have to drag me to the next one, buddy ;-) Sorry I missed it!!!

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

Lawler was of the hook last night. he just played some sick shit. quiver ehh really wasn't feelin him last night. overall the night was slammin and i can't wait to see lawler again.

------------------

wherespicolo.jpg

people on ludes should not drive!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by crommy:

However, I wouldnt equate Lawler with Deep Dish like noiseboy did. Moreso Tenaglia -- especially the way he keeps the crowd way up there -- something you can only tell from seeing both DJs live, rather than just listening to the CDs.

actually, i equated Lawler with Deep Dish only in that they both play sexy house music at Twilo, which is different from the prog. house/trance that i'm used to hearing there. . .

but i agree that Lawler is closer to Tenaglia. . . somewhere between him and when Digweed spins his deeper housier stuff. . . cwm35.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by noiseboy (edited 01-07-2001).]

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

Noiseboy...it's shadowchaser to you...man-whore. biggrin.gif

sorry baby. . . at least i upgraded you to "shadowcaster" rather than "shadowbitch" or "shadow'sass" or something like that. . . cwm4.gifcwm4.gif

p00h - damn boy. . . you missed everything. . . too much for here. . . call me or something. . . cwm35.gif

------------------