Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who are your friends..?

Originally posted by flying_high:

I would say the person I consider my best friend considers me his best friend too. It's a very special friendship and we've gone through hard times...so he knows that he can count on me anytime.

I also got a male friend who is a real womanizer (LOL...just thinking of him and his acts) and never believed in true friendship between woman and man. Well, he once said to me that he never believed that such thing is possible but he has to admit now that he was wrong.......

I can't say enough about how wonderful my best friend is.. No matter how long we spend apart, we come back and we're "there" again. We could be around each other all day every day and never be tired of one another. We rarely are on different wavelengthes, and when we are we understand each other. He's truly like my brother... if I actually had a brother, he'd be jealous of my best friend, Al (trippintrance64).

cwm38.gif

- Meli -

------------------

buttercup_07.icobubbles_06b.icobuttercup_05.icobubbles_02.icobuttercup_06.ico

webring.html

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

2001: THE YEAR OF THE CHACHA!!!

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I didn't explain real well, It was not the fact that I really liked the guy cause whatever, but my "best friend" did it just because she wanted something I had. She never wanted him. She knew I liked him, told him a bunch of lies about me to him and seduced him. His sister told me the truth. Pretty pathetic!

I guess I can relate. Most of my friends are guys. I have only 2 close girl friends. THe others get on my nerves alot. I think it is alot easier to get annoyed with other girls than it is with guys. Just my opinion. cwm6.gif

------------------

~The poor long for Riches,

The rich long for Heaven,

But the wise desire Tranquility.~

*"The only good is knowledge. The only evil is ignorance."* Socrates

*Love always starts with a kiss, and ends with a tear.*

Originally posted by melichacha:

I can't say enough about how wonderful my best friend is.. No matter how long we spend apart, we come back and we're "there" again. We could be around each other all day every day and never be tired of one another. We rarely are on different wavelengthes, and when we are we understand each other. He's truly like my brother... if I actually had a brother, he'd be jealous of my best friend, Al (trippintrance64).

cwm38.gif

- Meli -

That's sooo sweet and yep, I do understand what you mean. I've been away for quite some time and when I came back my best friend had a fiancee...which was truly totally cool with me as I just was sooo happy to see him happy. Ok, now things are a lil bit different as we don't spend as much time as we used to with eachother. Still when we do: it's as we would have never been really apart and it's one wave length. I believe that everyone only meets (with some luck) true soul-mates who understand without too many words spoken and even if they don't agree with everything...they accept [ cwm38.gif

So, I do understand what you mean wink.gif

------------------

an1701.gif

<just blinks a few times in total shock>

Anyone who knows me well knows that almost all my friends are men. Generally, to be quite blunt...I do not like women.

Until this past August, I had one very close female friend. She and I had been close for about 4 years and was probably the only true female friend I'd ever had. I truly loved her, very very much. To make a long, complicated story short...In August, she met my BF of 5 years for the first time (reasons for never meeting before are also complicated), a week later he and I broke up, a week after that he's out there fucking her. Two weeks ago he moved to San Fran to live with her. Heh. Talk about a whammy. I was heartbroken. I lost the two most important people in my life within a span of weeks. When I needed her most, not only was she not there...she was fucking him. Her response when I confronted her about it..."I think you're being very selfish, you should be happy for me."

Anyway, until recently I was convinced I'd never find women that I felt comfortable with. But boy did I miss female energy. Recently I've been blessed by meeting some exceptional women....

Tanya, Cara, Kat, Jenni, Nicole...Thank you. Love you guys. I feel incredibly fortunate to know you.

Ladies who posted on this topic, I can 100% relate. I'm still terrified of becoming close to a woman. Why we're so cruel to eachother, I'll never ever know.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Our souls had wings once, when we lived amongst the Gods. And now, in exile, we remember our former state from time to time when we look upon beauty or fall in love. When you fall in love you feel all sorts of sensations inside you, painful and pleasant all at once. It is your wings sprouting. Poets and philosophers describe Eros in images of wings and metaphors of flying. For love is a movement, that carries earning hearts from over here...to over there." -anonymous.

Hey Ooana, I just feel like doing this right now: BIG BIG HUG!!!!!!!

I feel so sorry for all the people out there who've made those kind of experience. I don't understand cause something like this would never cross my mind: any bf (even ex-bf) are a big NO NO!!! As I said before, I might have been just lucky cause I never had to go through something like this.

Big hugs to everyone out there who has been treated by anyone (male or female) like this.

------------------

an1701.gif

Meli I can totally relate to what you are saying...I feel the same way too! I personally have always trusted males, as far as friendship goes, a hell of a lot more than girls. That is probably why I have always stuck to having guy friends all of my life. Girls are always competing for something or some guy, they also seem to break the "unspoken law of respect" when it comes to boyfriend snatching. (At least this is what I have experienced.) This is why I steer clear of hardcore friendships with girls.

This post is like group therapy LOL.. But reality is that everyone has been hurt at one point in their life. People are cruel and selfish but that's just how life is.. Hopefully all of us will never encounter friends like that again. And it's great to see that a lot of ppl who met on the board became such close friends. Who'd ever imagine that happening? I know I didn't!

You guys might think this is corny but I realized some time ago that my best friend would be somebody who "completed" me. (This was before I saw "Jerry Macguire", by the way.)

But anyway, I thought that would never happen because I was always so different from my gal pals. Plus I had a habit of having my own opinions and expressing them frequently. For some reason they didn't like that about me. Could it be that maybe they were all sheep and no one could have a mind of their own? Maybe since I disagreed with them so much I was booted from the herd. THANK GOD!!!

So, like I was saying...I never thought I would find this person who "completed" me, but one day while working at the lovely Rag Shop I met this little cuban chick. She was quiet at first, as was I. I didn't think we'd have anything in common. The three things I remember about our first meeting are 1) the fact that she loved RENT as much as I did 2)how she made me laugh so hard I teared and 3)her amazing singing talent. Even though we're so different(opposites even), she is now the best "best friend" I've ever had.

Melissa, "you complete me."(tear jerker moment)

**Friendship is the union of a part of one mind with a part of another**

cwm33.gif

------------------

"What's my name?!!! Say my name bitch!!!!"

"Oh, I feel so vulnerable!"

cwm12.gif Meli!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! cwm12.gif

------------------

..The judge said: "Son, what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else then you won't have to die." Well I said not a word. Though it meant my life, for I'd been in the arms of my best friends wife.

Duuuude your crushing my head!

To reiterate what some many others have said - glad to see this thread get started. From college onward, my closest friends have been guys. Hasnt been a conscious effort on my part, it just always happens that way. For the most part they are less judgemental and more straight forward than most women. Guys are just more fun to hang out with too, IMHO.

To be sure, I wish I had a close female friend to lets say go shopping with or just gab about girl stuff but I have no plans to trade any of my guy friend in.

Yes, sometimes complications airse, feelings develop on either side that arent mutual, but I found that once that is delt with it just makes your friendship stronger.

But hey, the most important thing is that they are your close friends, doesnt matter what gender they are. But also glad to see other females on the board finding themselves in the same situation.

All females should have female friends. How the hell are the guys that are friends with said female that has no female friends supposed to meet anything other than a buncha sausage heads hanging around her?

------------------

I had a dream... a wet dream... looks like God is pissing on me again...

caveman.gif

My reasons for NOT trusting girls as friends? I have way too many as i said before in my post, all my life I had alot of close girlfriends until I was so sick of hearing all of them talk behind eashother's back and then the next day SMILE and act like they were best friends. So, with everything I've been through I now have such a wall there, it's a shame.

Especially last year, WHAT a year! I had become VERY close with this girl we knew eachother from a year or tow before when we worked at V secret but never really hung out.

Until last year we got very close. She just broke up with her man and so had I. We were going clubbin every night& every weekend having the BEST times we would just go to manhatten and chill alot do alot of stuff together I thought I finally found a great girl to hang out with as a friend! WELL I had found in June she had used my Social security # took a $7,000 loan out under my name and went for cosmetic surgery!!! She also went into the Dr.'s office as ME!! I wanted to friggin KILL her. So I confronted her... she just said she was really sorry, wanted to know if there was anything she could do?! That's ok though b/c I know that the cops are after her and I also know she is in alot of trouble now...So I guess she got what's coming to her... OH WELL!! The weird thing is ... I NEVER thought she would be so shady like that, I mean she was sooo there for me through alot of terrible times? It was so weird.. In a way I miss the friendship we had BEFORE she Stole my identity... frown.gif But now I have a whole bunch of new friends so WHatever cwm1.gif

Originally posted by apotheosis:

Maybe in the "grand scheme of things" it is meant that man and woman HAVE to get along better than same sex pairings.

Species must procreate.

This simply doesn't justify any of the cruel behavior I've seen women perform upon other women.

In general, what I've been told by my male friends is that men are far more loyal and honest with eachother. I don't think its as simple as an issue of nature. Nurture maybe, but not nature. Perhaps our society has set women up to be competitive, cady and cruel to eachother for the sake of their own well being. Blaming it on genetics and Darwinism is just plain bunk to me.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

It does seem like a lot of girls on this board are very cool.. I haven't met any of the girls who responded to this post but you all seem very intelligent and nice. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you soon smile.gif

Well that's easy to fix - come to Twilo next Friday!!

cwm11.gif

- Meli -

------------------

buttercup_06.icobuttercup_07.icobubbles_06b.icobuttercup_05.icobubbles_02.icobuttercup_06.icobuttercup_06.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

[This message has been edited by melichacha (edited 01-07-2001).]

Originally posted by Dalfinus:

You guys might think this is corny but I realized some time ago that my best friend would be somebody who "completed" me. (This was before I saw "Jerry Macguire", by the way.)

But anyway, I thought that would never happen because I was always so different from my gal pals. Plus I had a habit of having my own opinions and expressing them frequently. For some reason they didn't like that about me. Could it be that maybe they were all sheep and no one could have a mind of their own? Maybe since I disagreed with them so much I was booted from the herd. THANK GOD!!!

So, like I was saying...I never thought I would find this person who "completed" me, but one day while working at the lovely Rag Shop I met this little cuban chick. She was quiet at first, as was I. I didn't think we'd have anything in common. The three things I remember about our first meeting are 1) the fact that she loved RENT as much as I did 2)how she made me laugh so hard I teared and 3)her amazing singing talent. Even though we're so different(opposites even), she is now the best "best friend" I've ever had.

Melissa, "you complete me."(tear jerker moment)

**Friendship is the union of a part of one mind with a part of another**

cwm33.gif

I totally just teared up... Angie is seriously one of the coolest chickies ever... Hopefully she'll be transferring over and with me this Fall! I love ya, sis!!

- Meli -

------------------

buttercup_06.icobuttercup_07.icobubbles_06b.icobuttercup_05.icobubbles_02.icobuttercup_06.icobuttercup_06.ico

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

Originally posted by flippin_e:

cwm12.gif Meli!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! cwm12.gif

That's why one day, you and I shall marry... as will Al and V... and our schildren will all roll together, as we did... lol

- meli -

------------------

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

Actually...I use to have no real threatening problems with female friends (how naive) until I found out that almost every one of my friends went behind my back and twisted the knife they stuck there over and over again. I was dating this piece of shit years ago (he is just as much to blame as the women). They all slept with him...thus I am very cautious about making friends with women. I don't want to have to compete with friends for attention and affection. I have a few now that are awesome and non-threatening.

My experience in the past few years...I find male friends have been there for me as listeners and shoulders to put my head on moreso than women have. Of course, there is the chance that the men we make friends with may have other motives but I believe in my case they don't...I could just be naive again!!!

I guess the best thing to do is try to give everyone a chance and try not to judge them instantly based on their sex. It's difficult but sometimes it's worth a try!!!

cwm7.gifcwm7.gifcwm7.gif

Originally posted by melichacha:

That's why one day, you and I shall marry... as will Al and V... and our schildren will all roll together, as we did... lol

- meli -

dude that is exactly y i love u sooo much... and so as not to reiterate everything every other girl said im just going to say i agree and we both know how i feel about this touchy subject... all we can do is be true to those that r true to us... i can not wait till this weekend... prob out last club night for a while till spring break.... we have to make it the best... it has to hold u over for looooooong time... oh and al when r we gettin married.. wanna make sure i dont have a date then.. i love u man!

veronica

aka MOJOJOJO

------------------

"He who laughs last didnt get it"

"It takes a big man to cry... takes a bigger man to laugh at that man"

"I sound like a chipmunk!!"

"that pigeon is standing there like a f*ckin asshole!"

AIM---> PrncssVrnc

email---> PrncssVrnc@aol

double post oopsie

------------------

"He who laughs last didnt get it"