Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has anyone heard a worst CD than DTenaglia's Back to Mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by atilioguzman:

I'm a big tenaglia fan and I just bought that CD.....holy shit!!!!!!!what was he thinking.....there is not a fucking song worth hearing........anyone share my comments or is it just me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even a chill out CD....nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually love it, i think it's a great CD... nice and diverse and NOT what you would expect... that's what i like... and what i think most DJ's like about DT... he doesn't do what other people do.. he thinks outside the box.

By the way the song i think you will hate most (the first track by Beutifull People) was done by a couple of freinds of mine... even better for me to like it.

Actually...I love this CD. Very very unique and I can definitely groove to it.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

I'm a big tenaglia fan and I just bought that CD.....holy shit!!!!!!!what was he thinking.....there is not a fucking song worth hearing........anyone share my comments or is it just me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a BIG TENAGLIA FAN? You're kidding right? I highly doubt THAT because if you were, you would understand a little better I think...AND you wouldn't have posted this message.

That's the best thing about DT...his versatility. That CD is so sexy, just an awesome disc to chill to! NOT something you listen to before going to the factory or anything, but it's definitely nice!

BUT of course you ARE entitled to your opinion! THIS is mine!

------------------

"Hold on Tight...Enjoy the Ride" -DT

Spilled Milk On The Face Will Not Be Considered Make-Up This Evening!

[This message has been edited by saynotodrama (edited 01-09-2001).]

You dumb fuck...Do you realize what the "Back to Mine" series are about?

I'll explain dipshit!!!

It's music he would play if after a night out people went "Back to Mine" as in his place and played music for them...

It's not supposed to be a cd of things he plays @ clubs...

So dont get the Faithless one or the Groove Armada or Darren Emerson one dork.

Dood...

"Back To Mine" is a series of cd's where big name dj's were asked to put together a bunch of songs they would listen to themselves, after playing an intense set at a club somewhere.

One of my faves is Groove Armada's "Back To Mine"...in fact, listened to it on my way to work this morning. They remix stuff from Tribe Called Quest to Barry White to Al Green...

Another good one is Dave Seaman. He's got this AWESOME remix of DM's Useless (shout out to Mario,Jilly, and the DM peeps) by Kruder and Dorfmeister and Sneaker Pimps' Six Underground.

Diversity in music is key...

------------------

furnace.gif

Originally posted by housin:

You dumb fuck...Do you realize what the "Back to Mine" series are about?

I'll explain dipshit!!!

It's music he would play if after a night out people went "Back to Mine" as in his place and played music for them...

It's not supposed to be a cd of things he plays @ clubs...

So dont get the Faithless one or the Groove Armada or Darren Emerson one dork.

Right on!

Ok I feel stoopid now...you musta posted this while I was still typing mine.

Nick Warren has one (not Darren Emerson)

------------------

furnace.gif

i have to admit, I didnt like it at first, but that CD grew on me, and now I leave it in my car 24/7... I remember the first time I went to tunnel like 3 years ago, when ELEMENTS first came around, when the drags and ravers and clubbers all united. wink.gif

------------------

"a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again"

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!! If I had know I wouldn't have made that comment....I know what the "Back to Mine" series is all about......I guess I don´t like soul music and all that fucking voices all the time......I don't care if that's what he hears at home.....I hate that shit and that is just my opinion......sorry if I fucking offended anyone!!!!!!!!!jesus!!!!!!

LOL! I can name around 1000 worse CDs. Let's start with the MoS clubbers guide to hell compilations. And how about ALL the euphoria compilations?? Should I keep on??

Nah, I won't waste my time...

List anyone?? LOL!

[This message has been edited by Nolimit (edited 01-09-2001).]

I love the whole back to mine concept, and every album in the series that I have heard (seaman, G.A., DT, & Warren) thus far.

I think they are all great, but am especially fond of Seaman's & Groove Armada's. Groove Armada's is the only on eof the series that is not really "electronic," but is composed mostly of R&B and hip hop. And since they are house DJ's they are much more perfectionists with beat matching and programming than your typical hip hop DJ and I think the result is really spectacular. Job well done.

If you haven't heard any of this series check it out, you will not be disappointed. (Ok Furnace I need my CD's back now)

------------------

*************************I got to thank god for the music.

wow! its amazing how intense ppl get when attacking/ defending music they hate/ like. whats up?!? wheres the love...?

[samba music] "da-la. la-la. la-da-da-da!"

anyway-- its good that DJs are being allowed to present different kinds of music. its def cool when fans are eager to hear diversity.

i have questions for you defenders of DTs "back to mine." are you really samba music fans? perhaps this CD turned you on to samba music? or had you experienced it before and always (probably secretly) liked it?

the original poster has a valid point-- he expected one thing and got another. even knowing what "back to mine" is about, we still might expect that a DJ who has made millions of $$$ with a certain kind of music might actually listen to that music when he gets home! i have very diverse tastes, so i understand.

however, i still dont get the connection between samba and techno. i guess thats bc of my limited exposure to the mixing styles of eclectic DJs like DT, but can any samba/techno fans explain-- why samba?

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by Nolimit:

LOL! I can name around 1000 worse CDs. Let's start with the MoS clubbers guide to hell compilations. And how about ALL the euphoria compilations?? Should I keep on??

Nah, I won't waste my time...

List anyone?? LOL!

[This message has been edited by Nolimit (edited 01-09-2001).]

exactly.

------------------

* i love sex always and forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Originally posted by sirdante:

i have questions for you defenders of DTs "back to mine." are you really samba music fans? perhaps this CD turned you on to samba music? or had you experienced it before and always (probably secretly) liked it?

the original poster has a valid point-- he expected one thing and got another. even knowing what "back to mine" is about, we still might expect that a DJ who has made millions of $$$ with a certain kind of music might actually listen to that music when he gets home! i have very diverse tastes, so i understand.

however, i still dont get the connection between samba and techno. i guess thats bc of my limited exposure to the mixing styles of eclectic DJs like DT, but can any samba/techno fans explain-- why samba?

Umm ... what is samba music exactly? Is that the type of music they have at SOB's? If it is, then my only experience with samba music was a night at SOB's when they were giving dancing lessons.

My only response to your question though is why not samba and techno? Before Aerosmith and Run DMC, who would have thought rock and rap? cwm9.gif

------------------

Work like you don't need the money,

Love like you have never been hurt,

Dance like nobody is watching.

I don't know if that shit is samba or merengue or who the hell knows but I have to agree with the original poster...I started listenig to the CD and had to give it up at the 10th song....shit!!!!! they should put label in the CD that says:

"Warning to consumer: The production you´re about to purchase is a fucking compilation of strange sound and voices that has nothing to do with the music the artist usually plays and nothing you have ever heard in your life.......this shit is what he´s suppose to hear when he gets home at night (yeah sure!!)....anyway....it´s just baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad and boring stuff...........who ever really likes this thing has to be broken somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow! its amazing how intense ppl get when attacking/ defending music they hate/ like. whats up?!? wheres the love...?

anyway-- its good that DJs are being allowed to present different kinds of music. its def cool when fans are eager to hear diversity.

sirdante and all who are weirded out by combinations of music:

New sonic ground is always being broken, and people discover new music at their own pace. You said yourself, diversity is cool.

So to explain the Samba connection:

As I type this post, I'm listening to Fila Brazillia...combination of alot of Latin dance rythms into electronic music. It is INCREDIBLE. For me, music is about capturing a feeling emotion. Trance and house do it one way, and these Latin rythms do it another, more understated, yet sometimes more powereful, way.

It's also nice to be able to be taken away by the music, and sink into another culture/time/experience that what you get everyday.

Bottom line: electronic samba sounds great. Give it a try.

Suggestions:

Fila Brazillia

Braziletrico (compilation)

Jazzanova

Mo'Horizons

Eighteenth Street Lounge - Jet Society

I challenge one and all to take on this music...

------------------

furnace.gif

I don't think Mr. 'guzman' gets it.

I do not listen to alot of house myself. But I REALLY like this Back to Mine CD. My boy Parish put me on to it. If you know anything about that series, it was not meant to be a traditional Danny Tenaglia non-stop set like he does in the clubs.

It is a selection of some of his favrotie songs, no matter what genre of music. If you find the Groove Armada CD from that series, they have a Tribe Called Quest remix on there.

Keep an open mind.

------------------

.:D_Johnson:.

derreck@clubplanet.com

nightlifestyle

(The guy that makes all the funky graphics. Shout out to Swerve Griffin & Parish.)

sirdante and all who are weirded out by combinations of music:

New sonic ground is always being broken, and people discover new music at their own pace. You said yourself, diversity is cool.

So to explain the Samba connection:

As I type this post, I'm listening to Fila Brazillia...combination of alot of Latin dance rythms into electronic music. It is INCREDIBLE. For me, music is about capturing a feeling emotion. Trance and house do it one way, and these Latin rythms do it another, more understated, yet sometimes more powereful, way.

It's also nice to be able to be taken away by the music, and sink into another culture/time/experience that what you get everyday.

Bottom line: electronic samba sounds great. Give it a try.

Suggestions:

Fila Brazillia

Braziletrico (compilation)

Jazzanova

Mo'Horizons

Eighteenth Street Lounge - Jet Society

I challenge one and all to take on this music...

------------------

furnace.gif