Clubplanet Nightlife Community

White Gloves @ Exit??

jesus christ you people are so typical

i mean if it's not racial slurs it's petty fashion judgements. you're so intent on pidgonholing everyone that you can't see that it's YOU who is the problem.

guidos? i'm not italian but i can tell you that if it weren't for italians from long island brooklyn and new jersey the new york dance scene would be way worse than its admittedly lame status now.

you'll never know what the vibe is all about if you go on this way. don't like faggots, guidos, ravers, or some other stupid name you have? don't go out. we won't miss you!

Originally posted by matta:

ps I arrived here (NY) two weeks ago and I don't know what a guido is... what is it meant to be?

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE RACIST

cwm30.gif

I will only comment as it relates to the club scene... In the past and to some people today, a "guido" is a derrogatory name given to italians, typically juiced up on roids, taking off there shirts, walking around like tough guys, looking to start trouble because they think they are so tough... they elbow you when they/you walk by, start shit if you look there way, etc... they also crowd the dance floor.

To me, I use "guido" not as an ethnic slur, but to describe a TYPE of clubber that may appear to be type I described above, taking out the italian ethnicity aspect... To me, a PERCEIVEDD guido may be of any race (well almost any race)... it's just the "appearance" and PERCEIVED attitude "they" take that makes most people cringe... Notice I say perceived, b/c many of these people stereotyped as "guidos" are actually very cool. I think the negative connotation comes in b/c a lot of people may have had bad experiences with SOME real guidos (of no particular ethnicity) with tough guy attitudes, pushing, shoving, etc...

I apologize in advance in case I disrespected anyone. Again, this was not meant to be a hater post. Just wanted to shed some light... at least the way I and some other people see it.

Peace cwm30.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." - Old Sage Twilo

what the hell are you all talkin about ...?

what do the gloves look like ?

i've seen those big stupid mickey moose gloves before ... .. is that what they had on ...

i thought for sure this post was gonna say something like . who was the girlin the white gloves at exit or some shit .. =) ...

oh well so whst the deal with these freaks ,, i guess if anyone is gonna do anythign wack migth as well be there ... maybe u';ll have some glove sightings at sf too =)

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

I'm with LikmyLips on this one.

Who cares about the white gloves. Maybe they can look pretty cool with the right outfit. I mean we are here to have fun andtry different things. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

And what's with all this "I hate people with their shirts off". Where I was clubbing in UK and Montreal most people take their shirts off - huge guys or not. Its just too hot to keep them off and as a general principle the less clothes the better smile.gif Hell, in UK the chicks take 'em off too. Don't hear anyone complaining.

Guess I'll remember to keep mone on next time I'm in NYC - not.

well well well...can't b'leive i'm actually replying to this post...especially 7am sat. morning....see here's the thing. White gloves, guidos, yadeeyadeeyada, it's all good.

Once upon a time there was this person insulting the Budha. Calling him names etc, etc, for hours. The Buddha just sat there and remained calm and speachless. After the person stop raging 'bout how stupid he (Buddha) was and how fat he is and his mother is a stoopid shit for letting him get so fat etc, etc, etc..The Buddha finally spoke. He said:

"Sir, if a man gives another man a present/gift and the person does not accept it. Then who does the presnet belong to?"

The rude person an barked back:

"The fucking present/gift belongs to the fucking person giving it you stoopid fat shit, balled head mother fucker"

The the Buddha calmedly replied back:

"See your insults are presents/gifts that you give me. And I don't accept it. So they are yours"

Originally posted by laure1122:

Maybe someone can explain to me the new trend amongst the guidos at Exit...what is with the white gloves? I thought I was at Disney World.

laure1122, i think you probably saw me with the white glove in Exit last night.. for those ignorant fools out there that doesn't know what it is for then i'll tell you.. it's not gay or homo you idiots..

the gloves use to enhance the effect of the liquid dance, like you guys know what that shit is.. you guys should pick up your ass and hit the real scene such as rave and then maybe that will enlighten your pea wee brain of yours.. please go out more and stop burying your ass behind the computers..

cwm45.gif

------------------

"Party now, Worry later"

-dcproduction-

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

WHAT FUCKING YEAR ARE WE IN?

can I put on fat laces and go out writing on the number 6 train?

Dude, you are a funny piece of shit.. You don't know jack, man.. i think you are in the wrong meassage board site, try the www.jackass.com, you might feel more homey there.. first of all, you don't know what are the ufo pants and now the white gloves thing..

all i have to say is you need to go out more.. enough of burying my words on this hole..

Anyway, here's more pics of the white gloves crew, representing the east coast by bring the rave culture across the universe going from one hard headed person to another..

enough said...............

oldcrew.jpg

2608.jpg

05th08kt14.JPG

taleen_erin_jess.jpg

idance_--__robin_adam_jeremy.jpg

Sobeton ---> thanks, at least one person understands.....

anyone into happy hardcore here?? that's the true rave music.. probably this dude needs help on that too..

------------------

"Party now, Worry later"

-dcproduction-

dancing_raver_smaller.gif

laser.gif

[This message has been edited by mustang2g1 (edited 01-10-2001).]

To explain the white gloves.

One of the first break dancing crews in NY I believe was called the "Liquid Crew". This was Mr. Wiggle's crew (the greates breaker of them all from what I'm told). According to the legend, the dancers in this crew all wore white gloves with a blue band around the wrist. The legend and mystique of the white gloves lives on today in the Liquid crew.

In Toronto especially, one has to 'earn' your gloves. By practicing your liquid dancing and eventually challenging a member of the liquid crew you can earn the gloves (and become a member of the crew). You cannot wear the white gloves until they are given to you. Remember... the Liquid Crew gloves are indicated by a blue thread woven through the wrist band.

There is great debate amongst Toronto's liquid dancers over kids wearing gloves who have not earned them.

It sounds silly but it's true. Oh, and liquid is quite different from locking and popping.

And for the record, I adore Happy Hardcore. Long Live the Hulla Massif! Lighta Crew!

Originally posted by mustang2g1:

all i have to say is you need to go out more.. enough of burying my words on this hole..

Anyway, here's more pics of the white gloves crew, representing the east coast by bring the rave culture across the universe going from one hard headed person to another..

enough said...............

Sobeton ---> thanks, at least one person understands.....

Yo bro...I know where you r comin from...Come to I have a dream on sunday and let everyone know how u do....Ill be there..Educate them

------------------

I keep tellin Drugs I don't want them..but they don't listen

Originally posted by glowsticks:

Yo bro...I know where you r comin from...Come to I have a dream on sunday and let everyone know how u do....Ill be there..Educate them

Thanks dude.. i'm glad you are into happy hardcore too.. it will be the music of the raves to come, so keep your ears open..

cwm11.gif

------------------

"Party now, Worry later"

-dcproduction- dancing_raver_smaller.gif

laser.gif

Wow......all this whining is making me sick......

some of you peeps need to learn to accept things different than what you're used to becuase that is what NYC is all about......

open your eyes, open your mind.......get over it.

sobeton, mustang, glowsticks.....props here.

Mikey

------------------

"The silent dog is the first to bite..." - me

Im with mustang on this one...and to all you pretentious assholes out there ...get over yourselves, youre not in high school anymore. Do you really care at 9 in the morning after dancing for 8 hours if the guy next to you is wearing a gucci shirt or even a fucking purple cape and boots if he wants..who is it hurting???and if it does ..youre beyond pathetic.....RAVE ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!