Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boston Scene vs. NYC? Anybody there?

I go to school in Boston but live in the New York area normally. Having trouble finding anything that compares or even barely satisfies me. Anybody have any good ideas? I'm a true party girl and this 2:00am nonsense is beginning to get to me! Heeeeelp!

cwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you choose Boston to go to school, I am sure you didn’t do it for the Nightlife.

Boston has a few good nights around, but in general, it is a pretty sad scene….and the 2 a.m. thing makes it that much worse.

Thursday’s at Axis is the best night in the city and they have some really great DJs playing each and every week. Over the last 3 months, they have had Dave Seaman, John Digweed, Quivver, Danny Howells, Nick Warren, Dave Ralph, Deep Dish, Carl Cox, etc.

Other than that, the Lava Bar on Fridays features Deep House, with DJ Fran and a lot of national guest DJs (like Louie Vega, Danny Krevit, DJ Rasoul, Miguel Migs etc).

However, if you really need to get your club fix, it would be just as easy to get on the bullet train and head down to Manhattan……since that is where you want to be anyway…..and I am sure that is what a lot of the “real clubbers” do anyway.

[This message has been edited by mrkleen2000 (edited 01-16-2001).]

Originally posted by mrkleen2000:

Thursday’s at Axis is the best night in the city and they have some really great DJs playing each and every week. Over the last 3 months, they have had Dave Seaman, John Digweed, Quivver, Danny Howells, Nick Warren, Dave Ralph, Deep Dish, Carl Cox, etc.

[This message has been edited by mrkleen2000 (edited 01-16-2001).]

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnit

what do we have to do to get him here?????

frank, roadtrip??

smile.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 01-16-2001).]

After spending 5 years doing Boston (afterhours 'til 4 WHAT?) and Providence (afterhours, what's that?) with the occasional NY...I have to say there is NOTHING in New England that can compare. It's unfortunate, as beautiful as Boston is, it is destined to be a daytime city forever. Some DJ's prefer that, though, as it allows them to charge NY prices for a short set.

As for Nick Warren...abduction sounds like a plan... cwm11.gif

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I am originally from Boston but now live in NYC and unfortunately everyone here is right, there is no nightlife in Boston..it just plain sucks....that 2 am crap is total bullshit...that is just when the night starts. So, stick to studying and maybe when you are done with school you will be glad you stayed there. Also, you can always come to NYC for weekends...it really isn't that far.

I've never partied in Boston, but my roommate once went to a rave in the Children's Museum there. I'd like to see shit like that in New York.

--David Christopher

------------------

Get into Cheetah for only $5! Visit www.headrushmusic.com for more details.

Original beats: Visit www.mp3.com/headrushmusic to hear my tracks.

Pooter's Trance Shack and Moonshine Distillery: The fattest radio station on the web is at www.mp3.com/stations/pooter and we're open to your submissions!

i hate taxachussetts! i go to school in western mass, i don't know if that's worse than boston-- at least i am only 2 1/2 hours away from home.

anyway, i've given up on clubs in all of mass a LONG time ago. i agree that axis thursdays are probably your best bet, but damn that place is so cheezy! i almost feel bad that DJs have to play at a club like that! wink.gif

i don't know if you're a party kid, but definitely check out the raves in mass, RI, CT, NH, etc. there is no shady vibes (well, not as much as it exists in NyC), the music is pretty chill, these new england states are capable of pulling good DJs (frankie bones, adam x, venom, dj irene, knowledge, etc), and it's nice to see so many candy kidz! the only thing that concerns me is the fact that there are SOO many little kids, but at least these parties go pretty much all night.

have fun!

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Originally posted by nessalove:

I go to school in Boston but live in the New York area normally. Having trouble finding anything that compares or even barely satisfies me. Anybody have any good ideas? I'm a true party girl and this 2:00am nonsense is beginning to get to me! Heeeeelp!

cwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gif

Whutup girl, I went to high school in boston, my parents live in Cambridge and I go to Boston all the time, you can actually apreciate the beauty of the city after living in queens for 6 years.

Anyway granted the 2 am thing SUCKS BAD! but boston is off the hook! Avalon friday nights is bangin! and Roxy sat is hot! you put either of those clubs in NY they would be two of the hottest clubs in the city. And because there is such a big college crowd, there is usually mad after hours which sometimes can be more fun and more personal than sittin at factory till 11 in tha mornin. I got mad boys too that travel to the city all the time. Well good luck girl, also paradise which is a fat club is startin to come back on fridays. Oh also Pravda is a real phat super trendy bar, lounge, club kinda spot. Hope all this helped.

NESSA....

i go to school in boston and i'm originally from the NYC area too...just out of curiosity where do you go?

i promote for a few clubs up here and i know a LOT of people in this scene...it is a joke and i say it all the time but i don't even try to compare it to nyc...it's just different

if you want some hard house you should try coming out to venu thursday nights...dj nailz spins some banging hard house...he sounds a bit like draper...axis thursdays is pretty phat too...a lot of guest dj's and resident john debo is one of boston's premier dj's...friday nights at avalon aka avaland brings up some names as well...JP comes up to avalon on friday nights once a month but i would suggest staying away from that cause i have seen him at avalon and i have seen him at factory and he SUCKS at avalon..he just doesn't really care about spinning there...paradise friday nights is also a pretty phat night (i promote for this one too) dj manolo spins progressive house and some trance...he spins phat sets and he is also one of bostons biggest dj's...

as far as anything past 2am...every month there is a party in nashua, NH 10 - 6 AM...it's about 40 minutes out of boston and it is a PHAT time...sort of like a rave platform but with a lot of boston club heads...

if you want to know anything else you can email me sincerehc@yahoo.com and if you want to get on a list for venu thursdays or paradise fridays just let me know

Millions

visions...

you actually LIKE the roxy??? the club itself is phat yea...but the music EATS IT, the people that go there are all cracked out...it's horrible, roxy is probably the biggest joke in town...avalon is phat but it gets too commercial at times...it's THE big boston club and too many people go there just because it's avalon...

Millions

Originally posted by theorynyc:

my friend goes to school up there bro...and i figured you knew her, and the desription of both matches my 2 friends exactly. wow, this is strange. sorry for the confusion bud.

no sweat kid, I don't know justin's girls name, I just figured holdencaulfld knew. it's all good, where you live in bergen?

Originally posted by holdencaulfld:

yea BRANDIE....WHO are your bosses? as in what are there names???

VISIONS...i've never met apo but i'm cool with his cousin arthur

THEORY...i don't know either justin or nikki...i have just heard of them...my name's pete and i work for ace and frankie..why...are you up in boston?

Millions

I know arthur well, maybe you know my boy gilman, killgoar, house, olsen, dave hunt, or maybe you know parulla the greek girl, or jb, I went to high school in boston so I know all those cats.

Originally posted by holdencaulfld:

BRANDIE...i'm sorry but those two don't own avalon...all of lansdowne street including avalon and axis is owned by the lyons group..they also own the paradise and a good amount of other bars and clubs throughout boston

Millions

i believe that there are such things as silent partners, dear . . . i know that the group they are associated with is partial owner of avalon. smile.gif i'm not gonna argue about it, they have no reason to lie about such a thing.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox