Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Curious...Does anyone here write?

ooana

I've been writing for myself for years. I find it incredibly theraputic. Been writing like a madwoman lately and curious if anyone else here enjoys it. Perhaps maybe even feels like sharing. No promises yet on that yet from my end though ;-)

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Writing for me has always been an elusive thing.....

i find that I only write when I am at a creative height,manageing to skribble things

here and there during my few and elusive states of grace.

I do find these writings deep and longful but the beginning thought that was the catalyst

genrally runs out of context by the end of the peice,sadly frustrating me......

For when the rush and zest of a colorful thoughtform starts its abatement my drive too follows this same course.

One day ,Ooana , I shall let you peek at my

mindless and sometimes perverse babbleings

for us both to fathom, this I promise!

Centro Fly tonight??????

------------------

"Because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but BURN, BURN, BURN." - Jack Kerouac

I'm a big fan of handwritten letters. My college roommate and I have been exchanging letters for years now, and they get filed away, tied in a satin ribbon and stored in my parents' house.

I also write a lot when I'm upset. I used to keep journals growing up but just don't have the patience for that anymore. Now it's all I can do to keep up with emails. You're right though Ooana, writing is incredibly theraputic.

------------------

Work like you don't need the money,

Love like you have never been hurt,

Dance like nobody is watching.

there was a time when i used to write extensively, but it has gone by the wayside as of late. most of what i have written has been for my own sanity. i've found the best of what i have written has been at the times i've felt the lowest.

it comes to me in cycles, and when im not putting the pen to the paper, im reading at huge capacities.

im not adverse to sharing, as i have done so in the past. although very personal to me, what writting isn't personal to someone?

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

I love to write, always have!!!

It's probably one of my greatest natural talents, I was Queen of Bullshit in college. I could write a masterpeice about something I had no clue about. It was a rare occasion to get less than an A on my papers.

What I really enjoy doing though is writing rhymes, its so fun.

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

GETTING HIGH, PRICELESS!!

When it comes to writing I am my own audience. At times when I feel that may day seems to be a movie not yet known to me I try to capture it on ink. Or when a rush of energy flow through my creative channel I try live it and anoint my journal with it. Usually though by the time I get to hold a pen and paper my ....well u know how it is. I feel we are all receptive to the creative energy flowing above us and through us. Too much of it could lead to eccentric and isolated life, which I fell victim of at 7th grade. I had begun writing extensively at 'bout 3rd grade and by 8th grade I had almost a drawer full of theories, notes, drawings, poems, short stories etc... I later imploded within myself and burnt it away. I cried that day but it was probably the most healing thing i could have done. It allowed me to live my art and not capture it. I have alot of monomaniac energy, which is why i dance and play chess.....Someday perhaps we could exchange notes..but like u said...no promises...no promises held or taken..

Actually the other day my close friend which I had shared my theories with verbablly just brought up one of my theories i had as a child. "Holographic Theory" which when i wrote 'bout and tried to talk 'bout it to my 7th grade science teacher just laughed at me. No adult could take me seriuos then cos I was always clowning around plus the concept of my theories were abstract and quite difficult to grasp for most people. But he said he read a book on Holographic Theory and said I didn't make it up. So I said well then why don't you read the date when that book was copied written and realize I was just a kid and in no way I had access or would have interest in reading a book such as this. In other words...alot of my theories unshared, unventured were later on confirmed and became well known scientific theories. I only regret not having the environment or people aroung me that could have supported my thoughts and energy.

My most memorable moment though was when I had this thouth 'bout what and how matter worked...and never in my life would think that someone would share my view on it. I remember in 4th grade my music teacher was trying to teach guitar...I asked lots of question then and asked what sound was...is it energy? blah blah blah...then realized after the music teacher xplained the quitar's string vibrating caused the noise. I then summed that if matter in itself can vibrate and create sound which is an energy then isn't the string from the guitar made of energy..my teacher of course said "NO" it's matter..which i could not understand.. I explained my view which I put in my own words.."matter does not exist in itself but rather it's just stagnant music..in which it's not vibrating fast enough so that is why it seems like matter".....Imagine that I was 'bout ten speaking those words...Later much later in my young adult life reading a book "10 most important question in life" -Edgar Cayce...it quoted Albert Einstein "Matter in itself does not exist but rather a frozen light in it's own forcefield"...

i write . . . only one person has ever seen my writings . . . i think that writing is a wonderful way to express your feelings . . . there are many times that i write letters rather than talking because sometimes i feel *better* if i write my thoughts down instead of trying to verbalize them . . .

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

I write, or atleast i try to... I love to sing, so in turn I try to write lyerics... They usually end up turning out being very heart wrentching things that I really cant relate to, but was trying to feel someone elses pain.

xoxoxo mwwwwwahz

~LiPz~

------------------

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gifhttp://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

Hah, this is the second time in two days I've posted this link.

It's not good writing, but when you're as bored as I was... well, judge for yourself.

This is the online journal I kept for my friends to keep up with me while I was away working in a gold mine in Brazil.

http://www.kwic.com/%7Echamber/brazil.html

Have fun, it's real long.

later,

d

------------------

Voted one of the top 3 dj's - Clubplanet Awards 2001

i write, and i could go on and on about why i do, how i do, etc., etc., but it would take ohtoolong...

i'd rather just tell you a little heartbreaking tale to which i think you all could relate, because it pains me greatly and i would so like to have a little empathy thrown my way; nobody i know seems to really understand the devastating effect this has had on me.

i've composed all of my writing from the past four years on a manual typewriter. i was going through it one day, sorting out my favorite pieces so that i could put together a compilation of my best. i figured i'd put all of those that made the cut into a folder and bring them to a copy place, to make an extra set to have on hand - just in case something happened to the originals.

and then i lost the folder. my best writing from the past four years - gone. people tell me i'll find it someday, but that was last summer.

there's an old story that i'm reminded of when i think of mine: one of hemingway's wives once left one of his novels (the only copy as well - those manual typewriter days. why did we both forget the carbon paper?!?) on a train, never to be recovered.

i do console myself with the truth that i'm writing very well these days; this past year has been a good one for me in terms of what i've been getting down on paper. but still, i can't get back those four years of my life. i can't tell you how much i would do to have those writings returned to me.

blue.

I sometimes write intimately personal poetry during or on the tailend of big weekends, I just get a flurry of inspiration and then just start writing cwm12.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............the latest ETA 4 NYC? Tell me and we'll both know!(I love the INS!)-----------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

i write, and i could go on and on about why i do, how i do, etc., etc., but it would take ohtoolong...

i'd rather just tell you a little heartbreaking tale to which i think you all could relate, because it pains me greatly and i would so like to have a little empathy thrown my way; nobody i know seems to really understand the devastating effect this has had on me.

i've composed all of my writing from the past four years on a manual typewriter. i was going through it one day, sorting out my favorite pieces so that i could put together a compilation of my best. i figured i'd put all of those that made the cut into a folder and bring them to a copy place, to make an extra set to have on hand - just in case something happened to the originals.

and then i lost the folder. my best writing from the past four years - gone. people tell me i'll find it someday, but that was last summer.

there's an old story that i'm reminded of when i think of mine: one of hemingway's wives once left one of his novels (the only copy as well - those manual typewriter days. why did we both forget the carbon paper?!?) on a train, never to be recovered.

i do console myself with the truth that i'm writing very well these days; this past year has been a good one for me in terms of what i've been getting down on paper. but still, i can't get back those four years of my life. i can't tell you how much i would do to have those writings returned to me.

blue.

Originally posted by weyes:

blue.

I lost three years worth of writing a few years ago. I can VERY VERY much relate to this. I'm sorry for your loss. :-(

There's not much that can be said when something so intimate vanishes. But I do believe all things happen for a reason, and I found solace in the fact that maybe those words didn't need to be part of my life anymore...and it openned a door for new ones to come. That..well..kinda helped me <grins>

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Originally posted by weyes:

i'd rather just tell you a little heartbreaking ......, i can't get back those four years of my life. i can't tell you how much i would do to have those writings returned to me.

blue.

Dude..sorry to hear that. I once lost all my writing when we moved. I didn't think it'll ever be found or returned to me. At that time I was learning not to be attached to anything even my precious writing...I felt God was teaching me to be humble and not to rest my heart on Earthly things...All I can say is you lost paper and that all it is..paper....It's the creative soul in you that cannot be lost...rest in peace with knowing that...but I'm sure u knew that already.....