Clubplanet Nightlife Community

..what is your viewpoint on ABORTION..

Originally posted by sweetypea:

being a female I believe I have a right to choose abortion if I want since its my body. I can do whatever I want with it. right? i hate those pricks lawmakers and even those priests that tell us what we shoukld do or not do with our bodies. I have had an abortion before and people around me made me feel gulty cause they do not believe in it. Does anyone else agree with me?

I am for abortion ONLY if the carrying the child will endanger the woman's life or its own.People take sex so literally these days..I might sound old fashioned,but it really makes me feel disgusted when I see couples that are not married and are having kids..what kind of foundation are you bringing your children into the world with?Wouldn't your child benefit from knowing that his/her parents are legally wed and able to provide for him fully?I don't know...lots of shit happens when people don't take care of themselves...but this is why birth control should be fully enforced and people should know how seriously important it is...having a child is not exactly a game or something to be taken literally....but I do think it is somewhat wrong to take the life of someone when you played a part in his/her creation.It's kind of like fucking with nature...

cwm13.gif

Originally posted by back2basics-:

EXACTLY, the fact that it is a Womans body has NOTHING to do with the issue.. there are 3 people involved in a birth and the it's a womans body argument is irrelevent.

This is where we're different, David. wink.gif

A woman's body has EVERYTHING to do with it. We are the ones that are going to be going through the body changes, mood swings, pains of delivery. If you guys want a baby with no woman's saying then find a baby carrier to do it for you. But don't tell us that we have NO SAYING as to what we are going to put OUR bodies through.

BlueAngel

------------------

"The only abnormality is the incapacity to love." - Anais Nin

BlueAngellogo.jpg

Originally posted by nikkisticks:

I read an article and it says that 85% of ani-abotionists are men over 45.

Why can't they just mind there own buisines!

cwm23.gif

Nikki that's terrible... it is there business, men are fathers... you still need sperm, unfortunatly.

I think there is some hypocracy going on here. Firstly Blue gona disagree here, yeh it's your body, our sperm , a baby don't happen without both.. so are you saying the pain aspect and the exchange of nutrition gives you more of a right to say how the kid should be brought up, or if it should be brough up at all?

I think thats wrong.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

I can STILL resist ANYTHING but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by lexxxi:

My body...my decision!!! I don't care how immoral it is to some people!!! My body...my decision!!! I know it's cold to be so blunt about this but too many people think they have the right to tell others what to do in this situaion and that is not right.

Ok...I'm done!!!

Totally agree!

Originally posted by blueangel:

A woman's body has EVERYTHING to do with it. We are the ones that are going to be going through the body changes, mood swings, pains of delivery. If you guys want a baby with no woman's saying then find a baby carrier to do it for you. But don't tell us that we have NO SAYING as to what we are going to put OUR bodies through.

BlueAngel

Agreed smile.gif

Since women are the ones that ultimately have to go through the process of giving birth, it's their decision if they want to put themselves through that process.

And I'm NOT just saying this b/c I want to argue w/ B2B wink.gif

Oh, Pro choice

------------------

=)

BlueAngel

Ok the baby should come first, i don't see how pain, hormons should come into ANY decision about the baby... unless the woman's life / health is in danger.

A few people have posted something to the effect it has nothing to do with guys and everything to do with the womans decision, i disagree... in a big way.

------------------

bsb2.GIF

I think there is some hypocracy going on here. Firstly Blue gona disagree here, yeh it's your body, our sperm , a baby don't happen without both.. so are you saying the pain aspect and the exchange of nutrition gives you more of a right to say how the kid should be brought up, or if it should be brough up at all?

I think thats wrong.

David, I totally disagree with the women out there that have these children without the men's consent and then try to have the men pay child support. I don't condone that at all. I think that if a woman wants the child and the men don't then she should be ready to be a single parent and that's that. She's willing to go through it herself.

However, when you say that if a woman does not want the child and the guy does then he should have the saying . . .I don't agree with that. Cause he's not going to go through it by his self. She's the one who's going to have to go through the bodily changes . . . not him. So, no I don't agree with that.

That's like us saying that maybe you guys should get your penis fixed so that we don't get pregnaunt cause after all it does take two. Totally ridiculous.

BlueAngel

------------------

BlueAngellogo.jpg

Ok the baby should come first, i don't see how pain, hormons should come into ANY decision about the baby... unless the woman's life / health is in danger.

A few people have posted something to the effect it has nothing to do with guys and everything to do with the womans decision, i disagree... in a big way.

In a perfect world . . . babies should ALWAYS come first. But we know that there are plenty of women out there who have no intentions of becoming a mom. Just as much as there are a bunch of guys out there who doesn't want to be a dad.

I'm not saying that it doesn't have NOTHING to do with the men. Men have as much as to do with this as the women. However, the ultimate decision is ours. And yes, because it is our body. Sorry.

BlueAngel

------------------

BlueAngellogo.jpg

David, I totally disagree with the women out there that have these children without the men's consent and then try to have the men pay child support. I don't condone that at all. I think that if a woman wants the child and the men don't then she should be ready to be a single parent and that's that. She's willing to go through it herself.

However, when you say that if a woman does not want the child and the guy does then he should have the saying . . .I don't agree with that. Cause he's not going to go through it by his self. She's the one who's going to have to go through the bodily changes . . . not him. So, no I don't agree with that.

That's like us saying that maybe you guys should get your penis fixed so that we don't get pregnaunt cause after all it does take two. Totally ridiculous.

BlueAngel

No way!!! I didn't say the guy should have the choice... but you did say the woman should have the choice... It should be up to either, it should be up to both.

I think it's pretty selfish to say, because i go through pain and have to suffer that i am the best person to make a decision from what. Some people here are almost saying is the Womans child!

The pain is insignificant when you talking about a new life... Luckily it doesn't work that way, if a women says no and a guy says yes then youi could take it to court.

Just to give an example: woman doesn't want, man does. So are you saying that the babdy get aborted even though one parent is still willing to Father and bring the child up? Just because the woman would have to suffer pain?

Using my method the child still has the gift of life ONE of the parents brings up the child and the selfish woman who didn't want the pain and would rather destroy unborn life than suffer pain... bad presidence to set putting either parent in total control.

------------------

bsb2.GIF

BlueAngel

That's not ridiculous. It's a great idea. Mandatory castration! Yeah biggrin.gif (again, except for me, I'm very self righteous) rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry. I must apolagize for my obnoxious behaviour today. I'm just pissed DT isn't at Vinyl tonight so I feel the need to ruin everyone elses day.

BAC

The pain is insignificant when you talking about a new life...

I'll agree with you that new life is the most important . . .

but the pain being insignificant . . . of course it's so easy for YOU to say that.

BlueAngel

------------------

BlueAngellogo.jpg

Yeh i know it is.

Here is why i have the opinion....

Real life story:

A girl tells a guy she is pregnant with a child and that he is the dad. They wern't in a relationship with each other, but were in seperate relationships.

Guy says, he will live up to responsibilities. Girl says she and her boyfreind will bring it up. Boy knowing what the girl and her boyfreind are like (pretty dam stupid) doesn't want that to happen... h know's it's DEFINATLY not what is going to be best for the child and because he thinks he is the father obviously doesn't just want some other guy to adopt the child.

So the woman should just have the right to choose what happens?

------------------

bsb2.GIF

Yeh i know it is.

Real life story:

A girl tells a guy she is pregnant with a child and that he is the dad. They wern't in a relationship with each other, but were in seperate relationships.

Guy says, he will live up to responsibilities. Girl says she and her boyfreind will bring it up. Boy knowing what the girl and her boyfreind are like (pretty dam stupid) doesn't want that to happen... h know's it's DEFINATLY not what is going to be best for the child and because he thinks he is the father obviously doesn't just want some other guy to adopt the child.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!! If it's HIS child then he has every right to be in the child's life. She can't take that away from him.

BlueAngel

------------------

BlueAngellogo.jpg

Yeh i know it is.

Real life story:

What does this have to do w/ abortion?

cwm13.gif

------------------

=)

from your responses there is no right or wrong answer.. Each situation is uniques and may call for differnt decision making, whether as B2b says a joint while Blkueangel and othe women says it should nbe up to the woman. although i hat eto kill life, is it really life until teh baby comes into the world? while its still in my body it belongs to me. B2b has a good point in that the fathert should have a say it is not easy situation to resolve. thats why i am so confused.

I'm pro-choice all the way!

Too many unwanted children walking around in nyc as we speak. Everyday we hear about a young mother that kills her newborn child because she wasn't prepared for motherhood.

This doesn't mean that I see abortion as a method of birth control, far from it!

If you're having sex then you should be responsible in using birth control. Also be responsible and mature enough to deal with the consequences.

Granted it's our bodies but the father does have a say. A woman has to be willing to bring up this child w/ or w/out the support of the father if the circumstances are that. I think it was blueangel that said how some women use babies as a form to trap men, I agree it's disgusting and dirty!

Having said all of this, personally I don't think I would have an abortion. I also hope that I would never be in that situation.

my dos centavos.

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Without reading the other posts I know I will be in the minority on this one but here it goes:

-It's not JUST the women's body, it's another life. The whole, "it's my body" arguement is unrealistic.

-Your choice is made when you have unprotected sex, it's not the child's fault. A child shouldn't have to give it's life for the parents indiscretions

-As far as rape cases, the number of rapes that result in pregnancy is so pitifully small that it is not really an issue

-I can't understand the liberal point of view as far as the death penalty (punishment of the guilty) vs. abortion (punishment of the unquestionably innocent)

-The various procedures themselves are barbaric *and*, yes, very painful...for the baby

-No one has the right to snuff out a life's potential. That baby can be the next Mother Teresa for all you know

-My opinion on people who abort a pregnancy because the baby is deficient or disabled in someway...they should be shot.

-People need to own up to the situations that they put themselves in and take responsibility for their actions. We already live in a society where everyone wants to point their fingers and no one accepts the consequences.

-...and no, I do not condone the militant actions of pro lifers that blow up clinics and kill doctors, they are murderers

Bottom line, in any and every case, whatever it may be...it's not the baby's fault. Even if it's a rape. Adoption is an option. Make something good out of something terrible. I have very pratical experience in this. I myself was adopted and if abortion were legal in 1971 I might not be here now.

Also, I had my son when I was 17 *and* he has a disability. Both of my children are the center of my life and I would be nothing without them. Having children at such a young age has been the toughest and most rewarding experience in my life.

Finally, it is something that the mother will never get over. I am all too aware of how scary the young and pregnant situation is but, anything can be done if you have faith in yourself.

I have many friends who have had abortions and many of them regret it, especially after seeing what my life is like with children. I do not pass judgement on them and I love them still. I feel that many girls would take a different route if they were educated about the procedure and told about the long lasting ramifications of the act.

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

OK, I went back and read the other posts. I feel that the Father has every right to be included in the decision. As far as the pregnancy and birth...the pain is not all that. Been there, done that twice, I had complications the second time around too. Now, someone had asked if it is *really* a life before the birth, yes, yes and yes. This is not my opinion, this is a fact. The blob of flesh arguement went out the window years ago.

With that being said, let me put this one out there. I want to hear some arguements that DON'T involve the words "it's my body". Granted, it is your body BUT, it is also the baby's body. If a baby is born 6 months into a pregnancy, survives and then the mother twigs out and kills it, it's murder right? If a girl is six months pregnant and gets an abortion is that not the same thing?

You are taking a viable life and snuffing it out, period.

The only time I could see an arguement in favor of abortion would be if the mother's life was at stake. If I were in that position and I didn't have other children already I would want to keep the pregnancy but since I have my two boys to worry about I would have to consider an abortion because I would not want to leave them without a mother.

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~