Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what are your favorite places to visit in NYC? (besides clubbing)

The THEATER! Definitely one of my favorite perks when I'm in the city. If you haven't seen Aida, GO, it's fantastic. Also loved Miss Saigon, Phantom, Saturday Night Fever, Les Mis...almost anything that I've seen on B'way. Off B'way plays like Tony & Tina's wedding are great too smile.gif

Oh, and Bloomie's biggrin.gif

------------------

=)

i'm a food person so most of the places i visit happen to be restaurants:

Le Cirque - killer french

Il Nido - killer italian

Mercer Kitchen

Balthazar

Belgo

AZ

Tao

Rainbow Room

57-fiftyseven - killer bar, best martini in

NY

Soho Grand Hotel Bar - awesome hangout bar

lol

to think of it, get a zagat guide, they're all in there..

but i've also been very partial to the park, guggenheim's, whitney, theatre district and soho when i feel touristic smile.gif

morph_ cwm4.gif

Well one of my fav spots has to be a little chines rest by chelsea area dam i wish i new the address oh welll, another place is river side park right nere the skate park , hehe i skate too hehe

------------------

plasma_ball_md_wht_6725.gif

E-mail martin_izzo@netzero.net page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---

PEace

Martin

Originally posted by morpheusnyc:

Il Nido - killer italian

Mercer Kitchen

Balthazar

Belgo

AZ

Tao

Rainbow Room

NY

lol

but i've also been very partial to the park, guggenheim's, whitney, theatre district and soho when i feel touristic smile.gif

morph_ cwm4.gif

I am behind morph with his pick of Il Nido...I am always trying to find an excuse to go there! The food is sooooo good and they are VERY attentive. The even heat up the food right near you. Talk about personal service, but seriously its worth checking out. Must go again!

-Jamms

------------------

AIM: ynicholas

Originally posted by ReginaP:

The THEATER! Definitely one of my favorite perks when I'm in the city. If you haven't seen Aida, GO, it's fantastic. Also loved Miss Saigon, Phantom, Saturday Night Fever, Les Mis...almost anything that I've seen on B'way. Off B'way plays like Tony & Tina's wedding are great too smile.gif

theater is definitely a nyc fav. of mine cwm20.gif rent is my favorite.

cafes in soho/village and the met. cwm35.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." - Old Sage Twilo

You have to check out Beauty and the Beast. It is so FAB! You will laugh, cry and everything in between. It'll warm your heart and leave you feeling thoroughly entertained.

Originally posted by k_car:

theater is definitely a nyc fav. of mine cwm20.gif rent is my favorite.

cafes in soho/village and the met. cwm35.gif

RENT!!! I KNEW I was forgetting one of my favorites!

Shuga I saw Beauty and the Beast w/ the travelling cast, here in N'awlins...it was great smile.gif

------------------

=)

the metropolitan museum is the greatest...and of course broadway...for all u theater fans who have not seen aida yet, u must....i left the theater in such awe...i have never seen anything so amazing in my life...

------------------

never frown....u dont know when someone is falling in love with ur smile...

Originally posted by cuteboobie:

the metropolitan museum is the greatest...and of course broadway...for all u theater fans who have not seen aida yet, u must....i left the theater in such awe...i have never seen anything so amazing in my life...

I have always wondered about aida. It is really wonderful?

*BUMP* I love this question...there have to be other places...

I also love the MOMA, Rockefeller Center (esp when they have the flower show in the summer) and the B&N at Union Square (it's huge!!) smile.gif

check out Morgan Library on 34 and madison, also if you like modern dancing Eiffman Ballett is coming from Russia in May to City Center...their stuff is mind blowing...go see russian hamlet...trust me you will love it!

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

Originally posted by orchid21:

check out Morgan Library on 34 and madison, also if you like modern dancing Eiffman Ballett is coming from Russia in May to City Center...their stuff is mind blowing...go see russian hamlet...trust me you will love it!

Woohoo I will have graduated by then wink.gif

I saw the Sydney Dance Co. when they came to New Orleans...don't know where they are headed next, but their modern dance performance of "Salome" was def. impressive smile.gif

------------------

=)

Amazing!!! One of the best shows I've seen smile.gifMusic, performers, storyline, everything about it worked. Prepare to cry though cwm36.gif

that is so true...i cried all my make up off so prepare some waterproof mascara before the show...definitely one of the best and i tend to frequent broadway at least once a month

------------------

never frown....u dont know when someone is falling in love with ur smile...

Originally posted by morpheusnyc:

Il Nido - killer italian

Mercer Kitchen

Balthazar

Belgo

AZ

Tao

Rainbow Room

NY

lol

morph_ cwm4.gif

if you like Italian you should definately go to Rafaelas on Bleecker and Perry...man their food is amazing!!

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

First, all theater peeps check out Lion King, you wouldn't believe it but its the most avant garde thing on Bway- gorgeous. yeah, and I love the theater/modern dance scene downtown. The most incredible spot in Manhattan though, IMHO, is the Cloisters Museum and teh surrounding park. Its like being transported to another world- if you haven't been give yourself a gift and go.

Originally posted by saigray:

First, all theater peeps check out Lion King, you wouldn't believe it but its the most avant garde thing on Bway- gorgeous. yeah, and I love the theater/modern dance scene downtown. The most incredible spot in Manhattan though, IMHO, is the Cloisters Museum and teh surrounding park. Its like being transported to another world- if you haven't been give yourself a gift and go.

i completely agree...but if you like the cloisters area...give yourself a givf drive up to Riverdale...and around Riverdale.....now that is gorgeous!!!!!

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

"follow your personal legend"

[This message has been edited by orchid21 (edited 01-20-2001).]

Love the village...

Aside from that...and people always give me heck for this one, I'm not from NYC so I built up this fascination with Coney Island. I'm not in NYC anymore, but before I left in the beginning of Jan. I would go out there and just think. It's like a ghost town, no one to bother you...I'd go walk out on the boardwalk and just clear my head. It was especially nice when it was sunny. If you aren't opposed, go try it sometime.

actually, i live in the city..

morph_ cwm13.gif

------------------

This is my church

This is where i heal my hurts

It's in natural grace

Or watching young lives shape

It's in minor keys

Solutions and remedies

Enemies becoming friends

When bitterness ends

This is my church

okay here goes...

Washington square park and its crazy acts that random people put on..

hmm.. I am a biggie on Central park in the summer for lunch... (suedeNYC and I have had our romantic moments.. laying around for an hour munching on apples... and then scurrying back to work...

God I love the way those horses smell cwm44.gif

my favorite rest would be : Casa La Femme

It has Sexy oozing out of it... Anyone couple who wants to spark up there romance MUST go there for dinner.... Make sure you call in advance for a TENT!.......

I have goosebumps just thinking about that place...

Sineminemineminem

------------------

mouse.gif

I love everyone today!