Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IT'S OFFICAL, DANNY HOWELLS IS....

HOWELLS IS THE NEW KING OF NEW YORK..... the man torn into my soul tonight with a relentess mix of beats that moved both hearts and feets....

CAN I GET AN AAAAf*ckinMEN!!!!!!!!!

Good to see so many people there from here and I can't wait till he comes back so we can do that again.

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

AIM= thomaskm1/ Parish@clubplanet.com

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man

affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

Yooo......

I just got back....I ***~~~**OFFICIALLY**~~~*** have a new favorite DJ... and Howells is his name. What this guy did do me tonight was unbelievable. I am still almost speachless. cwm24.gifcwm24.gifcwm24.gif

On another note.....great night everyone....S&D in 5 days smile.gif

-Az

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

Ethereal, as I think I said to EVERYone!!! hehehe. Howells spun a super tight set, not a miscue or mishap at ALL. Just kept those walls (and those bleachers ;-) ) bangin'. Thanks everyone, for making the night so damn much fun. cwm4.gif

also good meeting some new headz, though I don't think I met parish...now, i must get some sleep before I collapse on the keyboard. cwm32.gif

Forgot to mention, Junior was spinning a really emotional set, no surprise given the circumstances. Real dark and heavy...though it started getting to be a bit of a downer on towards 10 am. He was SO focused it was unbelievable, but the music he transitioned into was bordering on morose. I feel for him right now. cwm36.gif

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

[This message has been edited by ichi_gami (edited 01-21-2001).]

that was possibly the best set i ever heard. make that probably. recognized all of 3 tracks i'd say, and of those one was hide you. that satoshie tomie track is gonna get caned for a while at twilo, got no problems with that. the howells saturday residency, for me, is up there with the s&d night. they need to get rid of jr and get howells a nice loft in the city somewhere and make him the saturday night res. imagine 12-16 hr howells sets. DROOL

------------------

chronic is the answer...

I almost feel bad for anyone who didn't get a chance to witness it.......I'm not sure I've heard a set quite like that at Twilo or anywhere for that matter.......Howells owned Twilo last night......

Mikey

------------------

"The silent dog is the first to bite..." - me

That was probably the fastest 5.5hrs I've ever spent at Twilo. Howells was really amazing -- they way he layered his sounds and really built things up throughout his set was great. Wasn't feeling Junior this time around, hence the relatively early departure.......

Good to see the peeps that I did -- SMFD, Noiseboy, Resident, Diego, Jammy, Ujnyx2, Ichi_Gami and of course MrNice, Crommy and Furnace. Probably missing a few peeps from that list..... sorry if I am.

At work right now, operating on 6hrs of sleep..... can't wait for next weekend. Super Bowl Sunday brownies at my place..... cwm4.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

amazing. from the time i walked in till his last record i couldnt stop dancing. this was the best set i have ever heard. i can't wait till he comes back again cause i know i won't miss it.

------------------

flow6.gif

IM LIKE JIMMY WALKER, DYNAMITE!!!!!!

AOL J303J

I guess I don't have to say how Howells has taken over...

I guess I don't have to say how he tore the place up...

I guess I don't have to say how he's probably the best DJ in the world...

So I'll just say, he was a really cool guy to hang out with. A bunch of us went over after his set was done and talked with him for a while. He was really down to earth and loved talking about his set.

Good seeing all the headz agian...we were all over the place. Couldn't walk 5 feet without running into someone I knew.

Chris - clutch with the blow pops.

Does Howells have official residency? When is he coming back?

wocka woo!

------------------

furnace.gif

Holy SHIT!!!! Where has this guy been all this time??? This was DEFINITELY one of the best sets I've EVER heard at Twilo (which of course translates to "one of the best sets I've ever heard anywhere")!! I also loved the way he used layering to build songs...Christ, there were some insane tracks he dropped.

He's **OFFICIALLY* up there with S&D.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Originally posted by raver_mania:

Holy SHIT!!!! Where has this guy been all this time??? This was DEFINITELY one of the best sets I've EVER heard at Twilo (which of course translates to "one of the best sets I've ever heard anywhere")!! I also loved the way he used layering to build songs...Christ, there were some insane tracks he dropped.

He's **OFFICIALLY* up there with S&D.

I would say that both he and Lawler are BETTER than S&D...

------------------

furnace.gif

Unbelievable ... I didn't think I'd hang around the club scene long enough to hear a DJ set that could approach what Sasha & Digweed put together, but I definitely heard it last night. Howells just hammered the crowd with deeply layered thick beats ... it was twelve rounds of strong jabs, upper cuts and body blows that left the crowd beaten yet wanting more. The creativity of his work was what made the set truly special .. he pulled incredibly hypnotic grooves right out of his asshole when we all least expected it - and THAT is the mark of a great DJ. Keep the crowd on its toes and they'll come back for more.

I immediately went out and bought the Howells Nu-Breed CD today .. any advice on where to find some of his other work would be greatly appreciated.

And get that guy a fucking residency in NY!!

See you at S&D (they've got a hard act to follow).

------------------

AIM name: noserotoninleft

off da hook!! i'm in love! for some reason i had this bizarre idea i wouldn't be dancing much on sat (due to overexertion on fri) but i couldn't sit still even when my toes were screaming out in agony!! incredible, plain and simple!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a snow bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Originally posted by roby:

Unbelievable ... I didn't think I'd hang around the club scene long enough to hear a DJ set that could approach what Sasha & Digweed put together, but I definitely heard it last night. Howells just hammered the crowd with deeply layered thick beats ... it was twelve rounds of strong jabs, upper cuts and body blows that left the crowd beaten yet wanting more. The creativity of his work was what made the set truly special .. he pulled incredibly hypnotic grooves right out of his asshole when we all least expected it - and THAT is the mark of a great DJ. Keep the crowd on its toes and they'll come back for more.

I immediately went out and bought the Howells Nu-Breed CD today .. any advice on where to find some of his other work would be greatly appreciated.

And get that guy a fucking residency in NY!!

See you at S&D (they've got a hard act to follow).

I didn't like his NuBreed CD that much. His Nocturnal Frequencies I and II are better....they're awesome but still don't do much justice to his live sets!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Ah fuckin' aye..crommy told me it was gonna be good...wow...he is better then Denny Tsetso though...LOL...does anyone know when he'll be spinning again cos i'll mark my calender nuts...oh shit i missed it....but i won't miss S/D and PVD..shit nuts..true true true nice nice..

Originally posted by furnace:

So, is it too early to talk about the changing of the guard?

How long can you rule in this world anyways? For me, the torch has been passed...I guess they call it Nubreed for a reason...

i dont know if anyone noticed, but the 3 nu breeders opened up 2001 at twilo. lawler on the 5th, pappa on the 13th, and howells on the 20th. tis gonna be a great year...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

pooh, the 4th Nubreeder Sander Klenenberg will play on March 23rd w/ pal Nick Warren.

March 1st is the deadline for Howells to send in the DATs for Nocturnal Frequencies 3. Still no word on a release date.

Nocturnal Frequencies 2 is worth getting as well.

Originally posted by Nolimit:

pooh, the 4th Nubreeder Sander Klenenberg will play on March 23rd w/ pal Nick Warren.

March 1st is the deadline for Howells to send in the DATs for Nocturnal Frequencies 3. Still no word on a release date.

Nocturnal Frequencies 2 is worth getting as well.

disk 2 of NF2 is BANGIN'

he kept me guessing and challenged me to my fullest, i was a beaten man saturday night! had no idea what was coming next....an all out assault of sound and fury unleashed on our souls!

thank you danny smile.gif

and thanks tom for letting me sit in on the interview, i owe you one.

-Dee