Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what books are u reading right now

Oh, and also, for all you girly book readers, I read a review for a book in Cosmo back in September, and I forget what its called...The premesis though is its one womans journy through dating, starting with her elementary school boyfriend and through adulthood, I think each chapter is about a different guy..anyone know what this book is called?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u should all read LOLITA by Nabokov...i am reading it rite now...it is honestly one of the best books i have read so far...another great one is MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA...i am sure a lot of you would enjoy that one as well

------------------

never frown....u dont know when someone is falling in love with ur smile...

i wish i read more books! i love reading cwm20.gif but seems like this board has sucked up every ounce of my freetime for now!

well, right now i'm working on "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life: The History of the Disc Jockey" by Bill Brewster and Frank Broughton... so far very informative and funny. cwm35.gif

peace! --daniela

p.s. luna! where's my alchemist?!? :P

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Originally posted by melichacha:

Another good chick book (brace yourself -- it's a kid's book)... "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret" by Judy Blume.. one of my FAVORITES of all time... *sigh.. I must have read it 800 times...

- Meli -

Definitely! That and "Forever" by Judy Blume. Read "Summer Sisters" by her as well...it came out maybe a year or 2 ago and it's for her adult readers biggrin.gif

------------------

=)

Originally posted by mareluna:

i wish i read more books! i love reading cwm20.gif but seems like this board has sucked up every ounce of my freetime for now!

well, right now i'm working on "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life: The History of the Disc Jockey" by Bill Brewster and Frank Broughton... so far very informative and funny. cwm35.gif

peace! --daniela

p.s. luna! where's my alchemist?!? :P

Dear Luna,

your alchemist is in Brooklyn smile.gif

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

Originally posted by MissDiva:

ooanna - TUCK EVERLASTING omg - I posted a whole thing about this about 2 months ago begging everyone to read it, it is the most AMAZING book ever -- how much do you cry at the end smile.gif Sometimes the simplest, shortest books make the most impact. I could read it again and again, they should totally make a movie !

smile.gif

Actually...there IS a movie!!! <beams> I JUST remembered. I saw it in 4th grade when I first read it. Damn damn...gotta search for it!! I'll keep you posted and yes, cried my freakin' eyes out...AGAIN.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Originally posted by blueskygirl:

The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It's the King Arthur story from the perspective of the women... It's sooooo good!

Hugs,

BSG

FANTASTIC Book!!!!!!!!!

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Another book I just *have* to highly recommend...

"Pillars of the Earth" By Ken Follet. Beautiful beatufiul epic novel.

And of course...the Hyperion series by Dan Simmons. Hell anything by Dan Simmons.

The series is:

1. Hyperion

2. The Fall of Hyperion

3. Endymion

4. The Rise of Endymion

Also, Hollowman is absolutely gorgeous. First book I ever read that made me cry in the first 10 pages.

Another must read for the women out there..."The Vagina Monologues." Fierce book.

-Oo

------------------

Sariman - The Celestine Prophecy is definitely one of my favorite books. If you things referencing enlightenment, you'll love it. I think I read the whole thing in two days. Couldn't put it down. There's also a sequel, The Tenth Insight (?). Also a good read. Enjoy!

Originally posted by shannah:

Sariman - The Celestine Prophecy is definitely one of my favorite books. If you things referencing enlightenment, you'll love it. I think I read the whole thing in two days. Couldn't put it down. There's also a sequel, The Tenth Insight (?). Also a good read. Enjoy!

You know what, there is actually a third book in the series, I haven't read it yet and I forgot the name of it, but it is the final book explaining how to actually intergrate the 10 insights into your life. My freind read it said it was awesome!

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

GETTING HIGH, PRICELESS!!

Originally posted by happykittn:

Just finished "The Clone Age," by Lori B. Andrews... I'd highly recommend it to everyone even remotely curious about the newest advances in reproductive technology these days... cwm15.gif

are you back in school or home . . .

*hint hint* . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Books, Oh Books!

1. Naked lunch by Burroughs a must read

2. SOmeone said that they are reading some David Sedaris he really impressed me with his book Naked!

3. The Bell Jar - Sylvia PLath

Right now I am reading House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, so far so good!!

------------------

piss.gif

Originally posted by pulsedriver:

Books, Oh Books!

1. Naked lunch by Burroughs a must read

2. SOmeone said that they are reading some David Sedaris he really impressed me with his book Naked!

3. The Bell Jar - Sylvia PLath

Right now I am reading House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, so far so good!!

THE BELL JAR - that is one book everyone must read!!!!!!!!!

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

"follow your personal legend"