Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did anyone used to go to Tunnel often 3 years back when it was off the hook?

Tunnel used to be the shit and it turned into a fucking freak show...I remeber the good times back in a day, chillin' all night up in there on Saturday nights. No other club now satisfies me as well as Tunnel did back then. Anyone else agree?

------------------

WE CAN'T BE STOPPED YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN US fballSmCLR.gif

champ_game.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the freaks at tunnel were great. used to make the experience so much more diverse and interesting, and made for an overall better nite in my opinion. used to be so much more intense.

ahhhh memories...

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

haven't been there since halloween, but it was off the hizzy that nite. GREAT music all nite. orb was amazing and vicious threw down one of the most intense 2 hour sets i've ever heard. vicious was great at tunnel, too bad he's gone.

plan on checking it out at some point again in the future when i have a chance

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Try 6 yrs ago, post SoundFactory, when JR was there. White couches, Mushroom room, Silver bedroom, Father Chris, nothing even comes close...

I remember posting on Clubnyc in 1996 the day Jr left . I was hysterical, lol that's why you should always sneak cameras out , I live for those pics now.

MD

------------------

xoxo "Drugs may be the wrong path...but at least its a scenic route!" xoxo

MissDiva19@aol.com

Originally posted by MissDiva:

Try 6 yrs ago, post SoundFactory, when JR was there. White couches, Mushroom room, Silver bedroom, Father Chris, nothing even comes close...

I remember posting on Clubnyc in 1996 the day Jr left . I was hysterical, lol that's why you should always sneak cameras out , I live for those pics now.

MD

cwm24.gifcwm24.gifcwm24.gif I know about the fuzzy room (mushroom room)...BUT i never seen any of the ones you mentioned above...Damn six years ago I was 15, too young to enter a club.

------------------

WE CAN'T BE STOPPED YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN US fballSmCLR.gif

champ_game.gif

Tunnell was always a stop before heading to Twilo for afterhours!

Postal

------------------

"Because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but BURN, BURN, BURN." - Jack Kerouac

Tunnel is getting hotter and better than ever guys!!! You all owe it to yourselves to check it out. For old times sake if you will. DJ COrbett will be there Saturday along with DJ Kleva. Hot,Hot party. If you guys want more info, drop me a line @ therelapsetheory@hotmail.com

True Anthony....

Tunnel could become great again but I dunno... with all the nonsense... between Peter Gatein not paying people and then all the competition.....

I heard you did a good job there last weekend.... and Corbett used to rock that joint in like 96-97..... we'll see I guess!

Mike G

If the person I know who is *supposed* to get a residency there actually gets it, then Tunnel WILL be back and better then b/f! The *goal* is to draw a sexier, more mature crowd, and not have a bunch of 17 yr olds with their eyes rollin into the back of their headz around the entire perimeter. I agree though, back in the day no club topped Tunnel... I would just whistle dixie if it came back!!

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

Originally posted by MissDiva:

MD

I'm with her...I was fortunate enough to work there, then)

Nothing compared to the days when Jr. was there, AND he was in a good mood. It was the epitome of why we all go clubbing:

ecclectic crowd, great music, and a total total party vibe.

*sigh*

TUNNEL HAS THE MOST POTENTIAL OF ANY SPOT IN THE CITY RIGHT NOW.

THE TRANCE-IT AUTHORITY (DJ'S CHRIS LEWIS AND DANE CHRISTOPHER) RIPPED THE ROOF OFF THE TUNNEL 2 SATURDAYS AGO BUT YOU GUYS ARE STILL MESSING AROUND WITH ALL THESE OTHER DJ'S.

AS PREVIOUSLY STATED ELSEWHERE ON THIS BOARD, IT IS TIME TO OPEN THE DOOR FOR A NEW SOUND, A SOUND THAT YOU DON"T HEAR EVERYWHERE, IN EVERY OTHER CLUB IN THE CITY. ASK THE BAR STAFF, THE BOUNCERS AND THE LIGHT JOCKEY AT TUNNEL WHAT THEY THOUGHT. THEY GET TO HEAR DIFFERENT JOCKS EVERY NIGHT AND THEY THOUGHT THOSE GUYS WERE PHENOMENAL. I WOULD TRUST THEIR OPINION OVER SOME KID WHO CAME TO HEAR THEIR FRIEND DJ. THE FEEDBACK FROM THE TUNNEL STAFF IS THAT THEY LOVED WHAT THE TRANCE-IT AUTHORITY DID. PUT THAT IN YOUR CRACK PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

WOOHOOO CAZZZ - IM SO HAPPY SOMEONE ELSE CAN REMINISCE WITH ME!! Did you bartend? I just sit and think about that ENERGY -- you know what I mean, you would walk down the full length of the club and just FEEL it in your bones smile.gif

Email me MissDiva19@aol.com or im me smile.gif

MD

------------------

xoxo "Drugs may be the wrong path...but at least its a scenic route!" xoxo

MissDiva19@aol.com

Originally posted by theorynyc:

W. 27th st. has never been more hot. The Tunnel is new. It's fresh. It's blastin' out beats that some of you have never heard. When you throw in DJ's like DJ Corbett (this Saturday 1-27), guys like the Trance IT Authority, guys like Anthony Nero, DJ Kleva...you're dealing with a party to which NYC has never seen. Not only is the Tunnel getting a facelift, but the Tunnel is re-inventing itself. This aint a promo.This is just a post to clarify any people's uncertainty about the Tunnel and to make sure all you kids know, that the Tunnel is indeed once again "off the hook"

KYLE P.

VIP Promotions

THEORY'S VIP <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> GUESTLIST</A> </A>

therelapsetheory@hotmail.com

No doubt Theory is right. I work with Kyle at VIP promotions -- we've been watching the messageboards, listening to what the "old school" Tunnel goers have to say about a club they believe was the hottest club in NYC and is now dead and never coming back BUT the Tunnel is back. In 2 months it will be the biggest name in NYC -- phat DJ's spining the illest beats (no cheeze -- we're promising good techno) and the atmosphere is chill already but we hope to take the interal environment to another level. Its time to take NYC back from Exit, SF, etc. and bring the people back where they belong. We're not trying to turn Tunnel into a psuedo-Exit, in fact the opposite -- we're tired of the scene also. Its time to revive and reinvent the Tunnel into something fresh. The people who run the club are listening to you and to what you're tired of in NYC -- I live at Exit on Fri. and do like the scene very much but I believe most clubs have become tourist traps -- we want to make Tunnel into a legendary place again for the people, the music, and the atmosphere.

Just look at last Sat. -- Nero spun the phattest set and time and time again I heard people at the end of the night exclame how it was so nice to hear "great techno again". People who made it out in the weather were shocked at how the DJ's were off the hook in every room -- not to mention how impressed people were with the size of the crowd on a snowy Sat. Why weren't those people at Exit or SF -- because we pulled through on what we promised; great music, chill environment and the guarantee that its only getting better and better.

So do check us out this Sat. -- info on the party can be seen at www.geocities.com./viplist1/ECLIPSE.html and anyone interested on <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> info email me at VIPlist1@hotmail.com or call my cell at (973) 903-9499 and we'll hook you up!!!

Peace, Eclipse

yo i love the tunnel it is off the hook, that was the first club i went to and it is my favorite, i like exit for its reasons but an average tunnel night destroys a good exit night, i cant wait to check it out again in the up and coming saturdays. with all this i hear about a better looking crowd is there a dress code or can i still go there in my caffeina wear

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

the problem is the crwod that was there those days doesnt' exist anymore. no more "club kids". so keeping that in mind, i'd like to keep the crowd just the way it is to tell you the truth. the openinig nite for vicious in august was the worst crowd i ever saw there, exit and factory crowd. but after a few weeks it they were weeded out and only the true fans were there

but as a suggestion, try and make the party go later in the morning. i know i'll be there at some point, but i'd rather not have to leave at 6

-Rob

------------------

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

the problem is the crwod that was there those days doesnt' exist anymore. no more "club kids". so keeping that in mind, i'd like to keep the crowd just the way it is to tell you the truth. the openinig nite for vicious in august was the worst crowd i ever saw there, exit and factory crowd. but after a few weeks it they were weeded out and only the true fans were there

but as a suggestion, try and make the party go later in the morning. i know i'll be there at some point, but i'd rather not have to leave at 6

-Rob

hey rob nobody asked you

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

Originally posted by msoprano13:

hey rob nobody asked you

sorry , didn't mean to insult you about the exit comment

------------------

hmr3.gif