Clubplanet Nightlife Community

would you let someone have a sip of your water?

I know this is a useless topic but I have to get some opinions here. Now, if someone asked me for water and they looked like they REALLY needed it (like ready to pass out) I'd give them the whole bottle. But...I've been at a club, not 15 steps from the water fountain and had people ask me for a sip of my water. I admit, I said no, but I did direct him to a fountain. Is that wrong? I can't help it, I'm a germ freak. If it were someone I knew things would be different. What would you do?

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

Until last weekend, if it's someone I know, then sure... I'll share water.

But... I did myself this weekend, didn't heed a warning, and gave myself a flu.

Oops. I only got myself to blame. I should have just got a bottle... I knew I would anyway, but impatience won out.

so, from now on, I'm thinking I'll be less likely to share. In both directions.

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

AOL IM: petrol01

I'm renowned as being somewhat of a water boy, ever since I started going out aproper (end'96) I've been sharing and sharing and sharing....kinda that PLUR thing peeps sometimes talk about....sometimes I'll even have two bottles cwm12.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to make it into the country b4 the dinner meetup!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

I felt like a bitch but, you don't know what complete strangers might have!!

BTW, awesome tip...when I go clubbing I always bring in a cap (spout thingy) from one of those poland spring sport bottles to put on my water. No spilling and NO DROPPING YOUR CAP!

Best goddamn idea I ever had I tell ya. Next thing you know they'll start selling those at the door for $5.00!

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

Originally posted by boa_boy:

I'm renowned as being somewhat of a water boy, ever since I started going out aproper (end'96) I've been sharing and sharing and sharing....kinda that PLUR thing peeps sometimes talk about....sometimes I'll even have two bottles cwm12.gifcwm30.gif

I'm with ya. I can't help but say 'No problem' if someone asks me for a sip of water.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Mmmhhh, I'm really bad when it comes to those things... I mean when I'm high I'm not really the most sociable person (I'm pretty happy in my own little world)...anyway, if someone dances next to me and just 'looks' like he/she needs a sip...I'm even offering. Funny thing is though...that I don't like to share bottles etc. when I'm sober...guess that's due to the "lovey-dovey" chemicals which make me so horribly carrying cwm4.gif

------------------

an1701.gif

Originally posted by ooana:

I'm with ya. I can't help but say 'No problem' if someone asks me for a sip of water.

-Oo

I offer anyone that looks like they need a drink some water...I'm such a waterslut!

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to make it into the country b4 the dinner meetup!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by cathyo:

I felt like a bitch but, you don't know what complete strangers might have!!

BTW, awesome tip...when I go clubbing I always bring in a cap (spout thingy) from one of those poland spring sport bottles to put on my water. No spilling and NO DROPPING YOUR CAP!

Best goddamn idea I ever had I tell ya. Next thing you know they'll start selling those at the door for $5.00!

combining the excesses of partying full on & sharing water I've yet to get sick in 4 yrs (touch wood), beyond minor cold symptoms....my body is a finely tuned partying machine wink.gif

------------------

Lucky bastard. I've gotten sick 3 times already this flu season. YUCK

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Originally posted by petrol:

Until last weekend, if it's someone I know, then sure... I'll share water.

But... I did myself this weekend, didn't heed a warning, and gave myself a flu.

Oops. I only got myself to blame. I should have just got a bottle... I knew I would anyway, but impatience won out.

so, from now on, I'm thinking I'll be less likely to share. In both directions.

Oh no- don't say that this is my fault. Now I feel bad. Anyway, I didn't have the flu- more like laryngitis or strep throat- at least you won't have any nighttime fever.

Feel better soon.

SK13

------------------

Footsteps on the dancefloor remind me baby of you

I'm with cathyo on this one. I'll share with friends, but not with strangers. I don't know where peoples mouths have been! If someone looks like they're in dire need of H2O, I'll just give them the rest of my water. Even though my name is Bobby, I ain't no water boy!

Bobby Boucher

I hate when people ask to drink my water:

1) I don't know what germs you have.

2) You don't know what germs I have.

3) If don't have any money, then take repsonsibility for yourself and get in line for the fountain.

I have not problem giving out cigarettes, gum, whatever. But I don't you other people's lips on my water bottle.

Originally posted by sarahkim13:

Oh no- don't say that this is my fault. Now I feel bad. Anyway, I didn't have the flu- more like laryngitis or strep throat- at least you won't have any nighttime fever.

Feel better soon.

SK13

Oh Hon',

It's not your fault. I think it is the throat thingy you had, but like I said, you gave me fair warning. I take complete responsibility. Besides, I'm a little quieter now... that's gotta be a good thing. cwm30.gif

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

AOL IM: petrol01

i don't mind sharing with my own friends/group, but if i get asked from a stranger, it's usually from someone raging up on top of a speaker or stage alongside me & they don't wanna get off & mess up their flow. i just tell 'em to open up & i'll pour it down your face. if they don't care about catching my germs it's up to them; as long as my bottle doesn't touch their mouth, i'm not getting theirs~

cwm31.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

can help myself... if someone asks then I will defo give them a sip if not the rest of the bottle. Also have the habit of buying people sat next me water whether i know them or spoken to them or not.

------------------

BEZ.JPG

"Pills 'N' Thrills and Bellyaches" - Happy Mondays