Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Really good Japaneese Restuarant!!!!

I had myself a date last night **giggles** and he took me to the Otoba (means: to eat) on 56th btw park and mad. The place was really nice! Rather expensive, but worth it and boys, if you wanna impress the lady...this is the place yo! Like all fine Jap restuarants, they prepare the food right in front of you. Excellent Sushi and steak! 2 thumbs up. Call for reservations. 212-223-7575. ----The BEE was BUZZIN last night--

<just grins broadly> Yay!

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

The best "secret" sushi joint in the city (and probably the entire east coast) is Tomoe @ Thompson btwn Bleeker & W Houston. It's as good or better than Nobu at a fraction of the cost. They don't take reservations and you'll probably have to wait in line for about an hour. It's well worth the wait.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

Originally posted by translucent:

The best "secret" sushi joint in the city (and probably the entire east coast) is Tomoe @ Thompson btwn Bleeker & W Houston. It's as good or better than Nobu at a fraction of the cost. They don't take reservations and you'll probably have to wait in line for about an hour. It's well worth the wait.

Hmmm, that sounds awfully familiar.

I will have to double check next time I venture forth if its the same place

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif ""One by One, the Penguins steal my Sanity"" wizard6.gif

"The light, the glimmering light of her eyes, the shining exuberance of hope, the sparkling smile, Thats Life"

there is another place in the city called Sushi Samba...its somewhere by Union Square...i am not sure of the exact address, but its listed...great sushi and they play Spanish music, which makes for great ambiance...i recommend it to everyone...enjoy

------------------

never frown....u dont know when someone is falling in love with ur smile...

yessss...I went on a date to the sushi samba place...EXCELLENT!!!!! most def you must gat a mojito to drink...

then hop oveer to the new W hotel for a drink.... smile.gif

-J

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Originally posted by carabee:

I had myself a date last night **giggles** and he took me to the Otoba (means: to eat) on 56th btw park and mad. The place was really nice! Rather expensive, but worth it and boys, if you wanna impress the lady...this is the place yo! Like all fine Jap restuarants, they prepare the food right in front of you. Excellent Sushi and steak! 2 thumbs up. Call for reservations. 212-223-7575. ----The BEE was BUZZIN last night--

Ummm, Cara, it's Otabe. It's right between Cosi (deli) and Mercedes-Benz of Manhattan, just off the corner of 56th and Park... Great take-out if you get it by 11:30 am, cheap enough too, for anyone in this area. I work 6 floors above M-B Manhattan, so Otabe is a regular lunch spot. ;-) Anyone else local?

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

nope. it's all about NOBU. Best sushi in the city.

Tell the chef, "omakase" ("I leave it up to you") and prepare for sushi that just melts like butter in your mouth. Warning: only say this when you're out to impress a date b/c your wallet will feel the effects for months!

Originally posted by cuteboobie:

there is another place in the city called Sushi Samba...its somewhere by Union Square...i am not sure of the exact address, but its listed...great sushi and they play Spanish music, which makes for great ambiance...i recommend it to everyone...enjoy

Sushi Samba is on Park between 19th and 20th... Oh, and there is a new bar/resturant opening up on the corner of Park and 18th called Aleutia.

Originally posted by tonygmo:

nope. it's all about NOBU. Best sushi in the city.

Tell the chef, "omakase" ("I leave it up to you") and prepare for sushi that just melts like butter in your mouth. Warning: only say this when you're out to impress a date b/c your wallet will feel the effects for months!

LOL...or get your boss to take you there on the corporate account!

yummy sushi!!! Ive only had it once. Yes i have lived a very sheltered life. smile.gif....who wants to go on a date with me? wink.gif

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED! THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED!" Melissa of the NJ ChaCha's

-----"ALOT OF BEER ALOT OF GIRLS AND ALOT OF CURSIN', .22 AUTOMATIC ON MY PERSON." -Beastie Boys

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

twilo.jpg