Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel last night

WHO ELSE IS TUNNEL GOING TO BE BRINGING IN ON THE MAIN FLOOR IN THE FUTURE WEEKS

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

In response to a few people at once: As of right now...the DJ lineup has not been decided for the up-coming weeks. but anybody who is interested in finding out more info about the Tunnel, can send me an e-mail at therelapsetheory@hotmail.com, subject (mailing list) and i'll let you know anything about upcoming events and parties. Thanks to everyone who went last night by the way. It was good to see such a good looking crowd again finnaly.

-THEORY

Corbett absolutely rocked last night! Hey.... we all have different opinions. No big deal. I thought the mezzanine was junk, but I just don't like that kind of music. You can't even compare those two types of music. The mezzanine was annoying, hardcore trance and techno... it sounded like noise.... if that's what you are into cool.... but Corbett doesn't play it.

Mike G

The only thing I was dissapointed with last night was the condition of the club itself. The Tunnel was kinda messy to say the least. They really need to revamp the place, or at least clean it up!

I thought the music on the main floor was excellent. Not your typical blaring trance sounds. I found it a little annoying that in certain areas at the main bar though, you could hear a clash between the music from the main and the music from the mezzanine.

Nicole

DJ ELEVATE in the MEZZ? Are you serious? At 11pm he had the room so loud that you could hear it all the way in the main bar. If that's not an amateur DJ, I don't know what is. Not to mention, that every time I went up there, the music sounded exactly alike. Same horns, maybe just different patterns. The Main Floor music was the bommmmbbbbbbbbbbb. Corbett actually built the music up and had the place moving, something I haven't seen anyone at Tunnel do in ages.

I could understand how some people would prefer Elevate's music over Corbett, preference is preference. But on the other hand, maybe the kids listening to Elevate and banging their heads against the wall should consider slowing down with all the speed and x they are on. It might help change a opinion or two.

While we're on the topic, management needs to sink some SERIOUS money into fixing that place up. Now that there is actually a buzz about that place again, the least they could do is make some of the rooms sparkle. Maybe even fix the fountains in the back.

Oh one last thing. DITCH KURFEW. I could understand if kurfew had its private party in the hallway, but don't make the entire back of the club exclusive. That's just corny. Not to mention the fact that Kurfew is probabably what did the most damage to Tunnel in the first place. They have 8 DJs in each of their 3 rooms playing every saturday. There's no unity and no consistant vibe. It's a joke.

Lataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I thought Corbett did a really good job, Dj Elevate is excellent for the mezz--that's the sound there---hard banging Chicago house music--it's always been there at Tunnel and makes the kids dance.

It was a good crowd--many of hotties too.

Overall a really good night at TUNNEL. Time to make it even bigger. Tunnel is blowing up once again. smile.gif

Oh, the condition of the club--well, it's a lot better than it used to be. it's a tunnel anyway--a cave--it's meant to be like that.

[This message has been edited by goclick (edited 01-28-2001).]

I didn't like Corbett because I thought it sounded like the same slow beat through out the night. And that was one of the nights where I've seen the main dance floor with the lowest amount of people. There was maybe a couple of tracks that I was feeling through out the night but only a couple. Elevate was bangin early in the night. It got kinda hardcore later. Overall Corbett was just too slow for me. Again just my opinion. I gave him a try though.

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

CORBETT SUKT LAST NIGHT AND THE MEZZANINE WUZ PRETTY GOOD. ALL OF MY FRIENDZ AGREED ON THAT. BOUNCERZ KEPT FOLLOWING ME AND MY FRIENDZ EVERYWHERE. GOOD THING PREDATOR WUZN'T THERE, OR LEE. U DON'T WANT TO FUK WIT THEM, TRUST ME THEY R SOME PRETTY HARD BOUNCERZ. THIS DUDE GOT JUMPED BY 5 PEOPLE IN THE HIP-HOP ROOM LAST NIGHT, MY FRIEND SAW IT HAPPEN. 2 MANY FAT CHIX IN THERE 2. THE BREAKERZ WERE GOOD AZ USUAL BUT JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE THERE SUKT AT DANCING. K IZ PRETTY DAMN SCARCE IN THAT CLUB NOW. I'M A TAKE BREAK FROM THAT PLACE.

Thanks to those that showed the support, came out and had a good time.

Thats cool Karch....... I respect your opinion... not everyone likes the same kind of music.

a691vcc... You are the poster child for DARE. I don't think I really have to say anything more about you... but more people like you look for K and Tunnel is bound to get shut down again... so do everyone a favor and take that break!

------------------

Rob Corbett

www.djcorbett.com

www.oval-records.com

AOL IM: DJCorbett

Hey a691vcc:

There is a difference between a DJ who sucks... and music that you just don't like. I listened to the music for a little while in each room, but mostly on the main floor.

I have never heard Corbett trainwreck or screw up a mix. He also mixes records that belong being mixed together. If you just don't THAT kind of music then that's different, but take your ignorance elsewhere. Closed minded and ignorant people like you are what's helping to ruin the NYC scene.

Nicole

I haven't been at the tunnel in a couple of months. And I just gotta say if it wasn't for DJ Elevate in the Mezzanine room my night would of been totally ruined. I wasn't satisfied at all with DJ Corbett's spinning on the dance floor. I don't think there was one track that wanted to me make get up and dance. I was really disappointed. Sorry Corbett but I really really didn't like the set last night. I tried to get a feel for it, but I couldn't. Anyways on a positive note the crowd was a little more better then usual and Elevate was bangin in the Mezzanine room.

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

Originally posted by karch:

I haven't been at the tunnel in a couple of months. And I just gotta say if it wasn't for DJ Elevate in the Mezzanine room my night would of been totally ruined. I wasn't satisfied at all with DJ Corbett's spinning on the dance floor. I don't think there was one track that wanted to me make get up and dance. I was really disappointed. Sorry Corbett but I really really didn't like the set last night. I tried to get a feel for it, but I couldn't. Anyways on a positive note the crowd was a little more better then usual and Elevate was bangin in the Mezzanine room.

Originally posted by karch:

I agree with karch, I mean the music wasnt making me wanna dance on the main dance floor. the mezz room was good from 11:00 till i left, it didnt start out hard core techno. All in all it was a great nite, the crowd was great, the mezz room was packed as hell, and everyone was enjoying themselves in the mezz.

p.s. vtroia, sorry i loved the mezz room and i wasnt on X or speed, i always go to clubs sober, so what ur saying about ppl on the mezz should get off speed or X, isnt necessary, not everyone does drugs in clubs.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by nicol74:

Hey a691vcc:

There is a difference between a DJ who sucks... and music that you just don't like. I listened to the music for a little while in each room, but mostly on the main floor.

I have never heard Corbett trainwreck or screw up a mix. He also mixes records that belong being mixed together. If you just don't THAT kind of music then that's different, but take your ignorance elsewhere. Closed minded and ignorant people like you are what's helping to ruin the NYC scene.

Nicole

THE VIBE ON THE MAIN FLOOR SUKT BALLZ. THERE WERE MAD FAT CHICKZ UP IN THERE LAST NIGHT, WERE U WANNA THEM. IF U R HOT AND WEREN'T WITH A DUDE THEN DESCRIBE UR SELF, I MET ALL THE CHIX WHO LOOKED GOOD CUZ THERE WEREN'T MANY. I'M GUESSIN U DON'T JAM LIKE I DO.

Hey a691vcc:

Well if K is the only thing that will get you to stay in a club (from what i read on top), then i think you should really hit SF, since that's the club most known for K.

And whoever wants to bash a club because there isnt enuf drugs in it, then thats just ridiculous!

ANd its true, diffrent kind of music for diffrent people. Sometimes some ppl are in the mood for funky house and sometimes for hardcore chicago house or some other variety, thats why tunnel has so many different rooms playing all kinds of music.

Especially now since they are trying out diffrent DJ's and ppl have diff tastes.

Rad_

------------------

FRANK_TRIGG_ANIMATION.GIF

a691vcc: You are the ultimate idiot!!!! Learn to speak and spell.

Without trying to start too much drama, it's quite obvious everyone has different tastes in music. Corbett plays a style that in my opinion is more for the musically mature. Thats the best way I can describe it. If you are looking for the hard stuff... then I guess he aint the one. If thats what you are into, then the Mezz was for you. There were plenty of people dancing on the main floor. I spoke to a bartender and a promoter that night who told me thats the most they'd seen people dancing. Everyone has different stories so you take it with a grain of salt.

Whoever said it was the same slow beat on the main floor all night... I was there a few hours... the main floor started out house, went into some hard tribal, tekkie stuff, some trance and even a few techno tracks.

Mike G

A special thanks to everyone who made it to Tunnel. DJ Corbett, was simply incredible. Especially, since he agreed to continue spinning until 6:00 am when our after hours DJ's did not show. As for this Saturday, our DJ is going to remain a secret. But I assure you that Tunnel is coming back in a big way. I was very pleased with all of the positive feedback from our patrons, but know that it is simply going to get better and better.

This saturday was my first time back in over a year. It definately wasnt the tunnel it used to be. i got there at 12 with no line the place was empty. by 1 it got alot better. it looked like shit, didnt like the hiphop room upstairs. corbett rocked. rolled with some ferrari's and a J of hydro. and had an excellent time plus gave my girl the bone in the womens bathroom cwm12.gif

Originally posted by Rad_Z:

Hey a691vcc:

Well if K is the only thing that will get you to stay in a club (from what i read on top), then i think you should really hit SF, since that's the club most known for K.

And whoever wants to bash a club because there isnt enuf drugs in it, then thats just ridiculous!

ANd its true, diffrent kind of music for diffrent people. Sometimes some ppl are in the mood for funky house and sometimes for hardcore chicago house or some other variety, thats why tunnel has so many different rooms playing all kinds of music.

Especially now since they are trying out diffrent DJ's and ppl have diff tastes.

Rad_

I RESPECT UR OPINION

is there still chicago hard house being played at the tunnel????

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13