Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What kind of music was popular when you were graduating from high school?

the year was 1997 and i remember that SPICE GIRLS rulled the world, also the HANSONS brothers were getting on my nerves and the song that brings back the memories of my graduation is "sonny came home " cwm12.gif

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

"follow your personal legend"

freestyle was popular then. also rap. dr dre's chronic was hot the summer i graduated.

------------------

0524a.gif

IM LIKE JIMMY WALKER, DYNAMITE!!!!!!

pistol packin, monkey drinkin, no money bum, im from jersey cause that's where im from!!!!

AOL J303J

Hmmm, I was '92...here are some of my favorites from those years (not necessarily Billboard No. 1's or released that year):

Blackbox - Everybody & Strike It Up

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

LA Style - James Brown Is Dead

Jomanda - Got A Love For You

Karyn White - Romantic

Robert Owens - I'll Be Your Friend

Boys II Men - Motownphilly & End Of The Road

------------------

"Love your enemies...cause your friends may turn out to be a bunch of bastards."

if it was high school and not uni then look at my sig... Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, The Charlatans, etc.... still like 'em as well.

------------------

BEZ.JPG

"Pills 'N' Thrills and Bellyaches" - Happy Mondays

AIM: mattarrundale1

It was 1998. Songs that bring me back to that point in time are Ghetto Superstar, The Boy is Mine, Next- Too close.... whenever I hear them they all remind me of senior prom. Ah, life was so easy then.

------------------

bluesbro.gif Please meet Jammin' Jimmy, the Dancin' Machine!! (thanks Daniela)!

I remember...the last two years of high school Kurt Cobain died, and grunge was still in power.

I was listening to modern rock (whatever the hell that was...WDRE) along with Hardcore Punk, and Ska.

10,000 Maniacs

Pearl Jam

Alice in Chains

Tori Amos

The Beastie Boys!!!

and then all those punk bands like 7 seconds, The Bouncing Souls, Shudder to think and Fugazi.

My freshman year of college I was introduced to the world of house, trance, and techno and I never played another angst-filled cassette of punk again.

I'd have to say freestyle too, in '89.

My friend used to put songs like Maria from TKA on repeat and I would have to listen to them ALL the way down the shore.

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif