Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fire Island - Any 1 here spend time there?

ooana

Just curious if there are any folks around who spend time out there.

I myself grew up spending almost every summer in Ocean Beach.

I'm itching for the Atlantic like crazy today. Summer just ain't commin' quick enough.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

i've spent a couple of summers out there but it's not my favorite place...i find the bars a little lame and they don't crank the music loud enough....but i'd go there for some kind've romantic weekend if i had a dude to go with me......

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a snow bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Its not really a party place unless you go to the Pines and the Grove (the two primarily gay communities) or to Ocean Beach for the bar scene (which I agree, is pretty lame.)

The house parties however can be great and its definitely a marvelously romantic get away....that is if you don't know every bloody person on the street like I do. Heh.

For those who haven't gone though, I really recommend it. Its a very unique place. No cars, not trendy like the Hamptons which imho is a good thing...you totally get away from the NY scene.

Hell, people walk around barefoot everywhere. It truly is a beach community.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

hey ooana, you know wes from the seaview market??

i went to some cool parties there, it's def. a change of pace but i'd really like to go there with a guy if i ever go again, kind've like a dirty weekend sort-of-thing......

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a snow bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

I've been there too... I have to agree with you guys on the nightlife, not at all my cup of tea!

I did like it there though. I stayed at a friend's share house. We did the house party hopping thing. You know how those are always a blast. The stars really shine then!

Hanging on the beach with the group was the best, I have to say. Nothing better than good company, good substances, and and good ol sun!

I think it's a great place to take a weekend off with a cool group of people.

Oh, and I love the water taxis for some odd reason...

------------------

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

Yep I know a lot of the party houses in Seaview. ;-)

Hee, those water taxis sure are fun. In fact, David who owns South Bay Water Taxi was my hero from the age of 5 to 10...he let me drive em'!!!

Its definitely not a place for the kind of nightlife we tend to enjoy....but I gotta say, a little fun on that beach near the geddies does beat most club nights imho ;-)

-Oo

------------------

yea i spent some summers in davis park on my aunts boat. i love that place. so relaxing!!! we would spend the days on the beach, walkin around barefoot, wandering around, we would go crabbing. i remember the first time i went, one night wew were walking up to the beach and this frigin deer just walks right out in front of me!! omg scared the shit out of me!!!! then we'd hop on ova to cherry grove sometimes.

------------------

" Music is a universal language. Where speech fails, then music begins. It is the natural medium for the expression of our emotions - the art that expresses in tones our feelings which are too strong & too deep to be expressed in words"

Charles W. Landon

Originally posted by crystalmethod:

I wanna go

I wanna go!

I ooana go!

My family owns a home in Ocean Beach. We've been renting it out in the summers for extra cash but....

...I am planning that during the spring then again just at the end of the season I'm going to bring a group of friends out there. So Steve, No problem ;-)

I'm also planning on a weekend or two crashing at various friend's places. Consider it done.

Its not a party place...if that's why your going you'll be dissapointed comparing it to what we have out here in the city or what's in the hamptons.

Its a place to lay low for awhile, enjoy nature, sand, stars and a complete absence of the NY attitude. (If you know where to go/hang out that is.)

I was curious about people's thoughts on the place. I have to say, I can't imagine a better place to spend your summers as a child.

In terms of partying, the best place to go are the Pines and the Grove. After all, that's where the White parties started. ;-)

Gah, I can't wait for the weather to warm up! I need the Atlantic!!!!!!

-Oo

------------------

i did a share in OB in '99...had a great time but wouldn't do it again i don't think. however, i could easily be talked into a weekend or two out there...it is BEAUTIFUL and so relaxing. the PIZZA and ICE CREAM are amazing, lots of good restaurants. it's nice to look up at the night sky and see shooting stars, WOW! it's a nice change of pace from the city, that's fer sure!

i went out there last summer for a couple of weekends. it reminds me of the NE florida area.... i loved that there are no cars, people walk everywhere, lots of sand, great pizza/ice cream, and that it is peaceful. smile.gif i want to go out there for a couple of long weekends this next summer. gorgeous place. smile.gif makes me sooooo ready for summer!!!!

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.