Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Internet usage = memory loss

ooana

Interesting article...

..wait..what was that URL again. Oh yeah....

http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/2001/02/04/stinwenws01005.html

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Fuck, I forget what I wanted to say.

Damn.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

......huh? cwm35.gif

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED! THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED!" Melissa of the NJ ChaCha's

-----"ALOT OF BEER ALOT OF GIRLS AND ALOT OF CURSIN', .22 AUTOMATIC ON MY PERSON." -Beastie Boys

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

Twilo.Energy.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

...............................................................................................................................................................um................... ................................wait..................................oh well..

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Pardon? Perhaps to know what time Digweed goes on?

AIM: crackorn71

well that explains alot......

cwm13.gif

------------------

" Music is a universal language. Where speech fails, then music begins. It is the natural medium for the expression of our emotions - the art that expresses in tones our feelings which are too strong & too deep to be expressed in words"

Charles W. Landon

Whatever..... in about 15-20 years we're all going to have chip-driven memories anyway. Long gone are the days when you'd envy that one kid with the photographic memory, who always got A++'s cuz for him/her, every test was open-book.

Instead, when you find yourself suffering from memory loss stemming from excessive seratonin depletion, you'll just mosey on down to the corner store, pick up a new 2GB stick of DDR RAM and plug it into one of the expansion ports interfacing your cerebral cortex. And voila -- no more infernal memory problems!

Now where the hell is the "Submit Reply" button on this page?! I keep forgetting where it is...... wink.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

AIM: vvRMR , EMAIL: vejita1975@hotmail.com

Originally posted by vejita:

Whatever..... in about 15-20 years we're all going to have chip-driven memories anyway. Long gone are the days when you'd envy that one kid with the photographic memory, who always got A++'s cuz for him/her, every test was open-book.

Instead, when you find yourself suffering from memory loss stemming from excessive seratonin depletion, you'll just mosey on down to the corner store, pick up a new 2GB stick of DDR RAM and plug it into one of the expansion ports interfacing your cerebral cortex. And voila -- no more infernal memory problems!

Now where the hell is the "Submit Reply" button on this page?! I keep forgetting where it is...... wink.gif

I don't think that that's far fetched. We may not have ram in our brain but we will have wearable internet devices very soon.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF

Great 'cause I need another thing that I like to be bad for me!

Scary thing is, it does actually make a lot of sense. Were going to have to start having "chess" meetups to keep our brains active!

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

For me this is becoming real in that before I got my first cell phone in 96 I remembered all my friends and family's phone numbers.....but when the number is stored on your cell you don't need to remember....the result is when I lost my cell phone last year (I think 5 times tongue.gif ) the most annoying thing was losing all the phone numbers....of course the reason for losing the phone(s) in the first place was my extreme drunkeness at the time wink.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to find somewhere to live so I can go to Coxy & DT!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

what were we talking about again.........................................................anyway no matter what we do its bad for you, what the fuck....arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

i don't think that the internet causes memory loss. . . it's all relative, because think of the sheer amount of information that is processed by our brains nowadays, as opposed to, say five years ago when EVERYONE wasn't on the net. . . sharing information, music. . . things like that

i feel more worldly intelligent, personally. . . but i'm pro-techie. . . just a bit biased. . . cwm35.gif

------------------

no bullshit, no drama, just pimpin' since 1976. . .

I think that what the article is actually saying is that we've grown to rely on many of our gadgets (palm pilots, cell phones, calculators, computers etc..) to do a lot of the mental work we use to do: remembering schedules, appointments, phone numbers etc.

And the more we do that, the more our brains become accustom to not having to do the work that our tools our now doing for us.

Who knows, might not necessarily be a bad thing. Leave more room in our noggin' for working on more important things.

Wait...shit...what was I sayin'? ;-)

-Oo

------------------