Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Everyone cross their fingers please?

No dice.

-Oo

------------------

I am NOT a fag hag. I'm a fairy princess.

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

I was basically waisting my time.

Waiting 45 minutes (missing another interview) for the HR person to meet with me.

Then...(and mind you she had my resume before) the interview just consisted of her saying that what they were originally looking for has changed and I don't have enough experience.

I know I know, chalk it up to another learning experience I'm just feeling a bit negative right now. Unemployment does not suit me well, I feel like a slug.

Anyway....time to keep on looking.

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Perhaps this is an option.....

THE PINK SLIP PARTY

* Thrown by and for the dotcom downsized *

Next Parties:

Wednesday, February 28

Wednesday, March 28

Wednesday, April 25

Party in the face of a downsizing? That's what hundreds of dotcommers do every month. (And it's more fun than drinking alone).

The Pink Slip Party is a grass-roots phenomenon that each month gathers together hundreds of dotcom workers and sympathizers to honor the passing of the many companies that have shut their doors or have down-sized throughout this market meltdown. The party is about solidarity and dot-commiseration and brings together those that have been pink slipped and are nervous about getting let go with recruiters and in-house HR professionals at companies that are still hiring.

So what happens at these parties? First off, anything goes including the pounding of chests and the recounting of war stories to a room filled with sympathetic ears. The wearing of Pink is strongly encouraged. Aside from the usual imbibing, commiseration and all-out insanity that every pink slip party brings, headhunters and other folks looking to recruit red hot talent also are in the house to network and recruit.

Details:

THE PINK SLIP PARTY

Held the last Wednesday of every month

Always at Rebar (Corner of 16th & 8th Avenue)

NYC

No Cover, No Nametags, No Pretense

$3 beers/cocktails

7-10pm

If you haven't done so already, register for the Pink Slip party and newsletter at: http://www.thehiredguns.com/events/rsvp.html

--------------------------------------------

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to find somewhere to live so I can go to Coxy & DT!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by ooana:

I was basically waisting my time.

Waiting 45 minutes (missing another interview) for the HR person to meet with me.

Then...(and mind you she had my resume before) the interview just consisted of her saying that what they were originally looking for has changed and I don't have enough experience.

Oh and BTW Situations like the above are why some former colleagus of mine refer to HR as stadning for Human Remains

cwm23.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to find somewhere to live so I can go to Coxy & DT!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Thanks for all the support guys.

I'm gonna stop getting into things on this thread though cause to be honest, I need a break for a few hours in terms of explaining what kind of job I want, why I'm looking, why the interview didn't go well etc. etc.

If anyone though seriously does know of a company in media/newmedia/entertainment that is hiring at a higher level entry level position do PM me and I'd love to send my resume over.

I appreciate the help and kindness I'm just a bit downtrodden today and want to forget for a few hours about all of it.

------------------

Folks...I've got a *great* job interview today.

First one I've had that I'm real excited about in my month long span of unemployment. Its and Conde Nast and it sounds like an ideal job for me. Please all...cross your fingers and send out some positive energy into the universe that I'm FINALLY employed again.

Interview is at 3, I'll keep you all posted.

THANK YOU.

-Oo *muah*

------------------

GOOD LUCK!!!

~~~~~SENDING ALL POSITIVE VIBES TO YOU.~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had an interview yesterday morning and got the job! Start 3/5.

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Originally posted by boa_boy:

My fingers are crossed, but I'm fairly certain that they'll love you Oo.....

but will you like them wink.gif

<laughs> Excellent question! I sure as hell hope so!

-Oo

------------------

Oh and all please note....

If I DO nail this job, expect a very very happy Ooana this weekend. Which equates to...

I'LL PARTY MY FREAKIN' ASS OFF!!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

-Oo

------------------

Originally posted by rachel1997:

What happend to the other interview?

They liked me...I hated them. <laughs> Been my unfortunate pattern this last month.

After my last job from hell I'm making myself be *very* picky. But time to be picky is running out. I don't think my landlord will be happy being paid in home baked cookies.

-Oo

------------------