Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So, what good books have you read lately?

my picks of the week :

Identity by Milan Kundera

Lying on the couch by Yolam

All quiet on the western front by Remark

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

"Luna, thank you so much!"

[This message has been edited by orchid21 (edited 04-09-2001).]

Fingerprints of the Gods---Graham Hancock, it's like a non-fiction Indiana Jones type of book. This guy travels the world exploring things like the pyramids, macchu piccu, etc...really good book. tough read in some spots though.

------------------

xwing3.giffondo2.gif

Actually, I just read an amazing journalistic play by Anna Deavere Smith called "Twilight L.A." about the Rodney King riots. She also has a play/book about the Crown Heights Riots called "Fires in the Mirror"...rent the videos if you can, they are astonishing. She is a one-woman show, playing all the characters herself, whether it's a black woman, Korean man, Jewish woman, white police officer...you name it, she does it.

I also liked Bright Lights Big City by Jay McInterney and if you haven't read Wally Lamb's She's Come Undone...def pick that up smile.gif

That's all for now smile.gif Thanks for this post! wink.gif

------------------

=)

reginadp121@aol.com

pickS of the week?! Jesus, I cant remember the last time I read a book in a week.

Right now battling the extremly interesting and complicated "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps

Right now I am actually reading "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life". I know it's rather cliche for the board but it has actually been quite interesting. I am definitely learning a lot of cool stuff about the origins of different types of music and looking back on the progression has been cool.

------------------

------------------------

I'm a slut...I make love to music every night

"The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde; really good play that was recommended by a friend. And the Extended version of Algernon Swinburne's "Hymn to Prosperine." Beautiful poetry.

Also, "In Memorium" by Alfred Tennyson, and Edward II by Marlowe.

I recently found out that there was a film of Edward II in circulation, and I rented it at the video store; It's a beautiful version; the setting is 20th century England, as is the decor, but the dialogue and theme remains loyal to the original play.

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth:

"The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde; really good play that was recommended by a friend.

absolutely, that was a funny play; i had to perform a scene of that once.

also good, their eyes were watching god by zora neale hurston and crime and punishment by fyodor dostoevsky.

[This message has been edited by liteflyr (edited 04-09-2001).]

Originally posted by Abstrakt:

Moth Smoke by Mohsin Hamid. GREAT book...thanx for Tasty T for recommending it to the board last time, I saw it at B & N and picked it up, nice read.

I need a new book cwm15.gif

Cool, I'm glad you enjoyed it cuz I loved it! Unfortunately I don't have any more recommendations... the last few books I read weren't that great.

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg

im in the middle of Don Quixote, i was a kid when i read it last and it seems i don't remember much of it at all. it's a true masterpiece while at the same time it's absurd.

enjoy

------------------

don't act too cool because you might get shot...