Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is it better to love, or to be loved?

allow me, with the comeback...

from deanna11:

--------------

Originally posted loch:

don't you just hate it when someone starts a new thread by asking a question, but never answers it himself/herself? wtf?

don't you just hate it when someone posts in a thread, but instead of just replying to the post, asininely bitches about the thread starter? DON'T READ IT THEN. WTF?

--------------

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

Originally posted by deanna11:

fuckin weirdo

you're losing your touch. that's it? but i'll humor you anyway:

the age-old question. gardener, or garden? chaser, or chasee? to tend to, or BE tended to?

to be inspired, or be the muse of such inspiration? to be giving, or be the recipient of such gifts?

to sum it up in one sentence: to love is like a tragic greek hero...awe-inspiring throughout, but destined to fall.

and some of us are quite fascinated with the greek hero.

and some of us are always the last in the congo line of the chase. but then again, it can be quite nice to NOT have someone tug at your back.

--rebirth of a greek hero, who, ultimately, is destined to fall again.

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

[This message has been edited by loch (edited 04-16-2001).]

Originally posted by loch:

you're losing your touch. that's it? but i'll humor you anyway:

the age-old question. gardener, or garden? chaser, or chasee? to tend to, or BE tended to?

to be inspired, or be the muse of such inspiration? to be giving, or be the recipient of such gifts?

to sum it up in one sentence: to love is like a tragic greek hero...awe-inspiring throughout, but destined to fall.

and some of us are quite fascinated with the greek hero.

and some of us are always the last in the congo line of the chase. but then again, it can be quite nice to NOT have someone tug at your back.

--rebirth of a greek hero, who, ultimately, is destined to fall again.

the worldly and educated stalker approach may be humorous, but it's obviously not working in your quest to get into deanna's pants...

------------------

10-picture.jpg

underground will live forever baby,

we like roaches, never die, always livin'...

[This message has been edited by mattyparsons (edited 04-16-2001).]

Originally posted by mattyparsons:

the worldly and educated stalker approach may be humorous, but it's obviously not working in your quest to get into deanna's pants...

ouch. perhaps i'm losing my sense of humor, but if that was a subtle (or NOT so subtle)hint, bro, say no more.

perhaps the follow d11 threads gets tiresome and lame after the nth post, but a guy's only following the best quick one-liners for comic relief (and that's not for brownie points either, who here agrees w/ that?).

quite frankly, i'd rather you've said, "quit following d11, it's getting old", than "quest to get into her pants". that insinuated a sick motive, not to mention unsubstantiated.

the humor's lost, but hey, i'll go find comic relief elsewhere. thanks for bringing it to my attention.

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

[This message has been edited by loch (edited 04-16-2001).]

i think its the best when its mutual....when someone loves u back it makes u so happy that u just love them so much more....

------------------

i was alone thinking i was just fine,

i wasnt looking for anyone to be mine,

i thought love was just a fabrication,

a train that wouldnt stop at my station,

home, alone, that was my consignment,

solitary confinement,

So when we met i was getting around u,

i didnt know i was looking for love till i found u...

Ahh fuck the love shit. Just hook up and get laid. Friend with benefits is the way to go. No harm, no foul, no broken heart.

------------------

The Woods Are Lovely, Dark & Deep

But I Have Promises To Keep And Miles to Go Before I Sleep..

Robert Frost

well i've been in love and not loved back, that sucked. and i've been in the reverse situation.....so i'm waiting for the time when the love is mutual. i can't wait b/c it must be like no other feeling on earth!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny with spring fever!!!

uknj@aol.com

I'm convinced the only way a real relationship will work is mutual affection. As far as the question goes, I say being loved is better. At least you'll get the most attention that way. Loving someone else and not getting reversed on that shit is one of the hollowest feelings you can have.

But right now I don't have time nor interest to love someone else. I got love for many girls, but am not in love with any of them. I agree with cubano on that tip. Play on, playa. I'll settle down later. Right now, it's party and bullshit till we fall. Peace.

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

Better to be loved.. it can hurt if it's not mutual and at least you know if you are loved then it's all good. But if you love, it either could be mutual or not.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

as nat king cole said...*the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return*

who gives a rats ass!

------------------

alcheshire_cat.gif

Ducketscopy.jpg

*...have the ability to let that which does not matter, truly slide.*-Ed Norton-Fight Club

I always end up tossing love onto others and hardly ever get loved back. Or some mistake my *love* for them as something more than it is...*sigh*

-Jamms "loveisloveisloveappreciateitwhenyourecieveit"

------------------

jamms on hiatus...that is all face50.gif

Originally posted by uknjx2:

well i've been in love and not loved back, that sucked. and i've been in the reverse situation.....so i'm waiting for the time when the love is mutual. i can't wait b/c it must be like no other feeling on earth!

I'm there and it is (like no other feeling on earth)... biggrin.gif

I think this is a hard call. I've been on both sides and either way it isn't nice. Sure it hurts pretty badly if you are the one that loves but don't get any feelings bad. But also, it hurts me really badly when I realize someone has all those feelings for me and there is nothing I can do to make this person happy without lying to myself. So, as I said before: it should be a two way street always...otherwise it's (at least for me) painful in either case.

------------------

an1701.gif

AIM: flying77high

Email:flying77high@yahoo.com

Originally posted by someonewhoshallremainnameless:

the worst thing about loving someone, i think, is the possibility of losing them (if you ever have them)

the worst thing about being loved, i think, is the responsibility and guilt of holding their heart

absolute last comment: the most profound post of the thread yet; and to think they perceive my following it NOT as a challenge/appreciation of wit, but as an act of perversion. cwm25.gif

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

LOVE STINKS YEAH YEAH LOVE STINKS!

Just kidding!! I'm in love, the really mushy disgusting kind.

Unfortunately, either way it hurts at some point but, when it's good it's all worth it.

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif