Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How come people got kicked out of Twilo last night?

i'm not gonna wish cyanide laced rolls on anyone, but muggz u need to stop posting for the sake of posting and think before u type. if u knew anything about twilo from the old days, as you're quick to point out that it was previously the sound factory, u'd know security wasn't always like that. what they did and have been doing of late is fuckin ridiculous. its like they're the police the judge and the jury, and that kind of an environment will lead to nothing but trouble for both the patrons and the club owner. one day when someone with enough influence is subjected to this type of behavior, twilo will end up with a lawsuit. is that beneficial for the club? i'm all for them doing their jobs and keeping the drug situation under control, but picking and choosing who they feel is a dealer or fucked up or looks 'suspicious' is bad news for us all, believe me...

------------------

Upcomming gigs:

Friday:Cazz's Ass(open bar):Deep House/Jungle

Saturdays: Swingpe's closet: Kush Kush Kush Kush...

Guest danwang

Twiloboss said that if you have a beef with something, contact him personally... either by pm on the twilo board or email him (something like twiloboss@aol.com)... That way there's more anonymity maintained, and probably less chance for misinterpretation than a posting on the board. He'll probably actually see your opinions, and give you more personal attention and treatment. I've never been in contact with him, but it seems to make sense.

Also, I'm just curious... Has anyone ever come into Twilo (or any other club) with pills that they really needed, like medication or birth control (does one ever need to take it at night?) or the like? (I'm wondering if someone on medication should really be in a club, but that's beside the point)

Or maybe a better question is: Has anyone ever really needed to bring pills of any kind into a club, for medical or health reasons?

[This message has been edited by danwang (edited 04-20-2001).]

The NY Times has a front cover article about clubs in general and it mentions twilo - Everyone should read it - the Mayor has a real hard-on for closing down clubs - it won't get any better if people drop dead on dance floor - stupid republicans have nothing better to do than bust balls - they want to close down clubs and sell guns at your local drugstores - does anyone see something wrong with that picture - We should use the same approach as the NRA - Drugs don't kill people - the people taken them kill themselves!!

------------------

WALK WITH ME THROUGH THE UNIVERSE AND ALONG THE WAY SEE HOW ALL OF US ARE CONNECTED - FEAST THE EYES OF YOUR SOUL ON NO LOVE THAT IT BOUNDS ON ALL PLACES AT ONCE - SEEMINGLY ENDLESS - LIKE YOUR OWN EXISTENCE!!

WE ARE ALL CONNECTED!!

A few points here:

One key to running a good club is for security to know how to do their jobs. Whether they are making the decisions on their own or getting instructions in their earpieces, they need to be good at what they do. Grabbing random people or all people and seraching or kicking them out is not knowing how to do their jobs. That is grabbing everyone and then saying, look bad shit happens and we caught it. Really? What % of the people you searched really had shit on them? Come on! Like it was stated earlier, I can pick out people that are rolling in a club so the staff should be able too.

That leads to the next point. They keep searching people, find nothing on many of them but then kick them out anyway. Why? Becuase they feel like fools for searching them to begin with and want to make it look like they are legit. That is pathetic.

Lastly, I have seen this happen on a few nights and a staff member even confirmed my suspicion. Twilo will go through this routine of random searches and kicking out when it is too crowded so they can get more room in the club so they can let more people cso thay they can bag another $30. I would imagine that is the motivation behind the Twilo Oz' instructions to his top notch security staff.

Give me a break about bad shit happened so they have to be that way because they want a clean club! I'm sick!

[This message has been edited by armada (edited 04-20-2001).]

Everyone reading and writing on this post should get today's NY times and read the front page article!!

They city has a real hard-on to close twilo - I think that's why the club's bouncers are such bastards!!

I don't get it - Fucking republicans don't want to go to clubs, but they want guns sold at the local drugstore and then the IRA says shit after incident in a school like: guns don't kill people, people kill people!! Well isn't it the same for drugs!! Drugs don't kill people, people kill themselves by voluntarily taken them!!

------------------

WALK WITH ME THROUGH THE UNIVERSE AND ALONG THE WAY SEE HOW ALL OF US ARE CONNECTED - FEAST THE EYES OF YOUR SOUL ON NO LOVE THAT IT BOUNDS ON ALL PLACES AT ONCE - SEEMINGLY ENDLESS - LIKE YOUR OWN EXISTENCE!!

WE ARE ALL CONNECTED!!

Originally posted by danwang:

Or maybe a better question is: Has anyone ever really needed to bring pills of any kind into a club, for medical or health reasons?

back before all this paranoia started, I used to bring anacin (headache pillz in case any moron is wondering) so that when I drank a bit too much and winded up staying at the club all nite long I wouldn't have a frigging headache or a really bad hangover

------------------

have you been searched yet?

you are guilty til proven otherwise

you will be searched at the door, inside the place, when you get home, at your job, and on the streets if we the security ever sees your ass, we the ultra friendly security staff can do so since we're not cops or your parents

Originally posted by peeps:

hey vagrant - you kiss your mother with that mouth?

lighten up

no need to beat a dead horse

no, but your mama kisses my ass

------------------

you will be searched at the door, inside the place, when you get home, at your job, and on the streets if we the security ever sees your ass, we the ultra friendly security staff can do so since we're not cops or your parents

Originally posted by vagrant:

they run a tight ship? study your history a little more jackass. study nazism, study communism. yeah they ran a tight ship too asshole.

respect the rules? and what rule is that you fucking moron? you can't do what? put hands in your pockets? whisper in someone's ear? walk around a bit? go to the bathroom a godzillion times cause you got the runs? tell me moron, which rule should I not break?

Nazism, Communism? Guy, you're way off. The difference is you DON'T HAVE TO GO TO TWILO therefore you don't have to be subjected to their "rules".

Isn't Twilo privately/independently owned? If so, as far as I know, they can do whatever they want (people are going to get carried away and take that wrong. I don't mean beat the crap out of patrons, sexually harrass, etc.). If they don't want Stackers in their club, they can ask you to leave. If they don't like the way you're dressed, they can ask you to leave. There's probably a sign somewhere (with small print) stating that they have the right to search anyone while on their premises.

The thing is, if you don't like their rules or the way they operate, you don't have to go there.

I know it sucks, but that's the way it works.

Maybe if people stop going b/c they feel they were treated ill, the management at Twilo will recognize that they need to change their treatment of patrons. Right now, they have no need to change. Their still getting $$$ in their pockets.

Sorry for repeating myself - I thought my post didn't go through!!

------------------

WE ARE ALL CONNECTED!!

Mistakes are made on both sides. Security has a huge job to do in order to keep Twilo open, we have a serious amont of partying to do, without getting caught. Both are huge jobs!!

Agree, anyone rolling on A Wednesday night has a problem. Mondays and Tuesdays are better!!! He he! cwm25.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gif

Originally posted by p00h:

i'm not gonna wish cyanide laced rolls on anyone, but muggz u need to stop posting for the sake of posting and think before u type. if u knew anything about twilo from the old days, as you're quick to point out that it was previously the sound factory, u'd know security wasn't always like that. what they did and have been doing of late is fuckin ridiculous. its like they're the police the judge and the jury, and that kind of an environment will lead to nothing but trouble for both the patrons and the club owner. one day when someone with enough influence is subjected to this type of behavior, twilo will end up with a lawsuit. is that beneficial for the club? i'm all for them doing their jobs and keeping the drug situation under control, but picking and choosing who they feel is a dealer or fucked up or looks 'suspicious' is bad news for us all, believe me...

I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about in that club since I KNOW many of the bar tenders and one ex security member use to work for me..

But if you think nothing ever has happened in that place then perhaps YOU should look at your history not I..

In fact look at this article: <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://160.79.181.80/ubb/Forum1/HTML/028257.html" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://160.79.181.80/ubb/Forum1/HTML/028257.html</A>

And Armada..I agree with alot of your points..but there IS a great deal of carelessness in behalf of some clubbers.

This kinda shit didn't just fall out of thin air..

And again..

I fully sympathize with whomever got tossed out for what ever reason.

(Not that you've shared THAT, So far you've thrown bad attitude arounde because I just posted why I fealt clubland's become the millitant world it has. God forbid I tell ANY of you that I wish your next roll was lazed with something deadly..)

Shit like that makes me wonder what in the world ever happened to the love and Unity of the good old days..

the unity and RESPECT..

that old code of PLUR!

If someone has an opinon different than your own there is no reason to throw a fit and become a hot head.

Explain your position and "SHARE"..

then on the dance floor we can smile about it and hug and say..

Damn I'm glad we met!

That's what this scene is all about!

FUCK everything else..something bad happens to you..move on but if you want others to understand you..

Communicate!

Believe it or not I AM on your sides!

But I also know that there is more to this than just mean ol' bouncers..

This is an issue that can and very well MIGHT shut down some of the best clubs in the city!

peace~

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

[This message has been edited by mugwump (edited 04-20-2001).]

Originally posted by deanna11:

ok ok, i don't really want you to die, mugwump. i'm sorry i said that; wishing death on someone is not good karma. however, if you got too fucked up on drugs at Twilo on some night, i would laugh

That's fair...

Maybe we can get too fucked up together D11!

(And we can both laugh)

Come on now..

there's no need for anger towards poor Mugz..

I realize you must have had a shitty night..

Can I buy you a red bull next time I see you?

It's all good..

We are all in this together

(I just see things concerning the state of clubland in NY as a reflexion of our own actions IN GENERAL! But not specificaly by you or I..but from those that OD and land clubs in the news)

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

it does seem that the brunt of this shit is getting taken out on clubbers and that's becoming more and more prevalent

we should not accept their crude behavior at any given point. this kinda shit has been happening on more than one occasion and for some time now from what I can see.

you pay money to go in there, the lest you want is a fair treatment

sigh, maybe all this shit will change when our beloved $%&$&^$^* m****ker mayor gets out of office. til then should we just accept this crap? least we can do is have everyone know that if you put your hands in your pockets or give anyone a piece of gum you are at risk, stereotyped, and stigmatized, maybe 86d too.

------------------

EXACTLY

If you dont like it GO SOMEWHERE ELSE..

You hang out in place where a lot of illegal activities happen..DEAL WITH IT..

THEY CAN SEARCH YOU WHENEVER THEY WANT.. Just cause you make it past the boncers at the front door, does not mean you are free to do whatever you want..

but i guarantee you will be back at twilo this weekend of next. and if you dont good for you..but we'll see

Originally posted by playboychick:

Nazism, Communism? Guy, you're way off. The difference is you DON'T HAVE TO GO TO TWILO therefore you don't have to be subjected to their "rules".

Isn't Twilo privately/independently owned? If so, as far as I know, they can do whatever they want (people are going to get carried away and take that wrong. I don't mean beat the crap out of patrons, sexually harrass, etc.). If they don't want Stackers in their club, they can ask you to leave. If they don't like the way you're dressed, they can ask you to leave. There's probably a sign somewhere (with small print) stating that they have the right to search anyone while on their premises.

The thing is, if you don't like their rules or the way they operate, you don't have to go there.

I know it sucks, but that's the way it works.

Maybe if people stop going b/c they feel they were treated ill, the management at Twilo will recognize that they need to change their treatment of patrons. Right now, they have no need to change. Their still getting $$$ in their pockets.

Beat me too it Chris 817~

Everybody just shut the fuck up already!

It sucks this shit happens (Deanna11)

but the bottom line is that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it and bitching and wishing death upon eachother is certainly not going to help out!

Mayor G - wants to end CLUBS and that's it! I don't care how cool or important you think your not going to change anything!

JUST SUCK IT UP AND DANCE!!!!

------------------

An bag of KB's $50

A glass bubbler $85

A lighter $ 1

Getting HIGH PRICELESS

"WAKE UP TO FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE THE EYES OF THE WORLD" - Grateful Dead

weird%20bob.gif

Originally posted by mugwump:

Shit like that makes me wonder what in the world ever happened to the love and Unity of the good old days..

the unity and RESPECT..

that old code of PLUR!

I don't know either. Maybe ask the Twilo staff the same questions!

Originally posted by vagrant:

no, but your mama kisses my ass

i love the originality, tough guy

good to see you're pushing your mental capacity to limit

don't think too hard, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

Originally posted by harley1:

I don't know either. Maybe ask the Twilo staff the same questions!

Well I'm sure that it's around...

Atleast I've always fealt it with my crew on the floor!

I feel sorry for all those headz out there that never experienced it..

Or those too Naive to see the bigger picture concerning security in clubs and the history of those that have ruined it for the ones that just want to dance with a smile all night long.

Butnough said about this topic...

Off to Twilo I go to shake my Mugwump ass..

atleast I don't hold any grudges with people that share a diferent view than I do...

some people like to talk "Zen' bullshit..

I live it!

Peace to you all and may your weekend be safe! cwm35.gif

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

Originally posted by peeps:

i love the originality, tough guy

good to see you're pushing your mental capacity to limit

don't think too hard, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself

what? you thought i had a brain? you're dumber than i thought.

------------------

Originally posted by deanna11:

i'm sorry i said that; wishing death on someone is not good karma.

art of repentance 101: ::taking notes::

"apologize not out of sincere remorse, but out of fear that the grim reaper might come back for you"

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

[This message has been edited by loch (edited 04-21-2001).]