Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: girls...make-up question!?!

I've been using Revlon's Colorstay liquid foundation. I love it especially when clubbing...that stuff doesn't come of, no matter how sweaty you get! It stays on great.

But, I'm looking for something a little lighter, but won't rub off...i'm also looking for something other than a liquid foundation..whether it be pressed liquid or powder.

Any suggestions? Everytime I go to Sephora, I get overwhelmed and don't know which one to get. (I don't bother asking the sales associates cause usually they can't do makeup and have no clue.)

are you talking about daily use or for clubbing? i used to wear foundation for clubbing, but i quickly realized it all comes off in five minutes. i don't take makeup with me clubbing, but i'd think the best would be a tiny compact of powder or those oil-soaking papers

i'm a bad person to ask about nice, clean looks though; i rub rivers of sweat off my face with my clothes

------------------

[img]http://glowballsig.gif|/img]

Originally posted by translucent:

Try Shiseido (Sephora has it)

That's EXACTLY what I was about to say! I bet Olga uses it, doesn't she??

I use the compressed powder and that works great for me! Never used liquid cause the one time I did try it, I felt like my skin can't breath. So, now I use the Clinique spotter to hide those unwanted spots and then use the Shiseido compressed powder. I'm very bad about touch ups, so the powder works great for me.

BlueAngel

------------------

“Those people who are uncomfortable in themselves are disagreeable to others.” — William Hazlitt

boobielogo2.jpg

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 04-23-2001).]

Originally posted by blueangel:

That's EXACTLY what I was about to say! I bet Olga uses it, doesn't she??

I use the compressed powder and that works great for me! Never used liquid cause the one time I did try it, I felt like my skin can't breath. So, now I use the Clinique spotter to hide those unwanted spots and then use the Shiseido compressed powder. I'm very bad about touch ups, so the powder works great for me.

BlueAngel

Yep...Shiseido rocks!! LOL! It's amazing what a guy learns from being married.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

I'm pretty sure I used Mac's Studio Fix. I didn't like it. I felt it came off too easily and had a heavy look and feel to it.

I'm not necessarily looking for clubbing makeup. (I'm gonna stick with Colorstay for that.) I'm just looking for something quicker for when I get up in the morning. I like the results that Colorstay gave me...just don't like the time it takes to apply.

I'll have to give Shiseido a try and I'll check out Mac's Studio Fix again to see if that's what I tried.

Thanks girls & guy! wink.gif

[This message has been edited by playboychick (edited 04-23-2001).]

Originally posted by translucent:

Yep...Shiseido rocks!! LOL! It's amazing what a guy learns from being married.

don't try to use marriage as a cheep excuse for your ploy to dress in full glam-drag baby - strut your stuff... tongue.gif

PS it was nice to meet you

KAK Delishki?....got home safe?....

------------------

I WANNA BE A TWILO CLOSET KID!!!!

AIM: ArthurBrooklyn

TëMA

Originally posted by Unbound:

... strut your stuff... tongue.gif

PS it was nice to meet you

KAK Delishki?....got home safe?....

I know what is what...

...didn't get home at all...wound up going "clubbing" with some Planeteers in Stamford.

I wish I had some of your brownies. 8^)

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

those brownies were really delicious and really BAaaaad (in trouble sense of the word I think 70% of my memory is shut from abusing this stuff) .. I felt so drunk that night and made an ass of myself all throughout...my apologies if I made the wrong kinda impression

you two guys looked so Cute together, I'm looking toward to meeting you again... perhaps at twilo or SF... we'll see...

peace

Arthur "StonedIsMyMiddleName" cwm3.gif

------------------

I WANNA BE A TWILO CLOSET KID!!!!

AIM: ArthurBrooklyn

TëMA

Originally posted by Unbound:

those brownies were really delicious and really BAaaaad (in trouble sense of the word I think 70% of my memory is shut from abusing this stuff) .. I felt so drunk that night and made an ass of myself all throughout...my apologies if I made the wrong kinda impression

you two guys looked so Cute together, I'm looking toward to meeting you again... perhaps at twilo or SF... we'll see...

You looked like you were having so much fun that we couldn't help but to get the munchies for those brownies.

Next time you & Orchid21 are at Twilo, take a close look at the bleachers...Olga and I are usually lurking there...blending into the steps like a pair of chamelions. You won't notice us from a distance.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

there is pressed powder by body and soul

they have it for every skin type, it is wonderful it stays on and it looks nice and blends in

im pale, i use blondie

anyways ifu are looking for darker try hoola by benefit it just came out its a SICKKKKKKK tanner/base

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays & TUNNEL saturdays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif10847.gif

Originally posted by lillizzy:

there is pressed powder by body and soul

they have it for every skin type, it is wonderful it stays on and it looks nice and blends in

im pale, i use blondie

anyways ifu are looking for darker try hoola by benefit it just came out its a SICKKKKKKK tanner/base

Where can I find Body and Soul? Does Sephora carry their line?

the eyeliner that i sugguest u to use for clubbing is Almay liquid eye liner it last mad long while clubbing and is water proof and it doenst smug on the top of the eye. laterz smile.gif oh and there is this other one DOOH! i forgot i'll get back to u later on or tmrw heheh sorry

------------------

farrah-

for every day i really would recommend Club Monaco wet/dry foundation compact. it's amazing, doesn't ever look cakey and it's highly pigmented so you don't use a lot. portable, and as the name suggests you can use it wet, or for lighter coverage and touchups, dry. i use the liquid makeup version of it because i like the semi dewy finish (think Goddess), but my coworkers who do use wet/dry swear by it. their skin looks flawless, even after 8 hours working the sales floor.

i used to be a hardcore MAC user, but in comparison their products end up too thick, cakey and grainy in finish. MAC was created originally for photo shoots, so it's great for that. but for in-person appearances i'd go for something undetectable.

also available at Sephora and Sephora.com.

that sucks if Sephora workers can't do makeup!

------------------

sig3.gif

http://liz.isfamous.com