Clubplanet Nightlife Community

driving stick is the fucking scariest thing ive ever done

excuse me for the coarse language, but oh my god...i know its only my second day but im seriously scared, like when i pull out of my driveway all i want to do is get out of the car because i have this feeling of dread like im gonna kill someone, no joke...i think its time to call the driving school

the funny thing is my friend said im not even that bad, my shifting is sorta sloppy and its killing the clutch, like when i shift it just sounds like someones smacking the bottom of my car with a baseball bat

oh yeah, this is the car i got...a 1998 rav 4 http://a332.g.akamai.net/7/332/936/0001/www.edmunds.com/pictures/34509.jpg

------------------

01200110.jpg

[This message has been edited by trancend (edited 04-29-2001).]

LOL, hang in there. In no time it will feel second nature, or even more. You wont even have to think about it, it'll just happen.

------------------

...and in a mystery to be

(when time from time shall set us free)

forgetting me, remember me

-e. e. cummings

AOL IM: petrol01

lol....I love "driving stick"...hahaha

No honestly, hang in there. I've been out of practice for more than 5 years and just got back into it 2 months ago. Now, it's just so natural that I don't even think about what I'm doing and believe it gives you much more control over the car and hence power and fun...ENJOY (I know you will eventually)!!!

------------------

an1701.gif

AIM: flying77high

Email:flying77high@yahoo.com

Yeah everyone feels like that at first, but if you start driving stick and you really like it then you never want to go back to automatic, it's just not the same. Heh just wait till you start going up hills.

cwm20.gif

------------------

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just

common sense, dancing.

--Clive James

just remember to gently take one foot off as you press the other down, its a pretty basic movement, you can even practice moving your feet in your chair at work or wherever.

------------------

Computers are useless, they can only give

you answers. ~Pablo Picasso~

LOL....I felt the same way learning. In fact I had to teach myself. But before you know it your going to feel like a race car driver and it's going to be so much fun I promise!

------------------

An bag of KB's $50

A glass bubbler $85

A lighter $ 1

Getting HIGH PRICELESS

"WAKE UP TO FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE THE EYES OF THE WORLD" - Grateful Dead

weird%20bob.gif

Originally posted by lowmazda:

goto an empty parking lot and learn to shift that shit. nothing worse then driving w/ someone that doesnt shift gears right.

have to go with lowmazda on this one...

you better find yourself an empty parking lot an work on that gear shifting...because otherwise, you'll be dropping big bucks on a new clutch real soon... cwm34.gif

------------------

all.jpg

Originally posted by trancend:

how much is a new clutch?

a lot so don't fuck it up!

I think it runs about $500-600 if you need to replace it.

But you can always get it adjusted for less, but they usually won't tell you that you can do that so you'll have to ask them. They just want your money so be careful.

------------------

An bag of KB's $50

A glass bubbler $85

A lighter $ 1

Getting HIGH PRICELESS

"WAKE UP TO FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE THE EYES OF THE WORLD" - Grateful Dead

weird%20bob.gif

Originally posted by kkeot:

Heh just wait till you start going up hills.

cwm20.gif

For the first 2 wks that I had my stick, I would drive so far out of my way to avoid hills.

cwm32.gif

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

ok... stay with it. I learnt to drive using a "stick" and never used an automatic until i came to America one year ago... I find automatic less controllable and sluggy....

When u get the hang of it you will always want to drive with a gear stick...

M

------------------

paint_promo2.jpg

Stones Roses - Paint Promo

AIM: mattarrundale1

I'm so with you on this transcend. I tried to learn a few years back while on vacation. We rented a manual car in Europe and my friend tried to teach me.

So, we're going up a hill and I start to freak out. Somehow I put the car into park and got out!!!

That was the last time I tried stick. I'm traumatized.

Thank god my car is automatic.

One day, I'll learn for real. Good luck to you.

SK13

------------------

get down on your knees...