Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just one question to make you think a little.

Guest temptsboy

Guest temptsboy

I am sitting here very bored as usual and was just wondering. Who are you fav. and least fav. djs in the Jersey circuit. This means djs that basically come from NJ. This does not include jp, calderone, teneglia, or jr. Help me out I am bored

although i used to think santana was awful based on thanksgiving at exit and once at metropolis, i have to say that he was damn good at the tunnel on saturday. i'm hoping that he would open up for vicious when he starts and they get rid of zor.

as for least favorite, i would still have to say it tsettos only b/c i don't like his track selection. I think his mixing skills are pretty good, just don't like how he always seems to throw in the same old school joints and plays all the vocal anthems back to back to back.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Guest ally

Originally posted by Emmitt:

Just recently I've listened to a DJ Carl Cox CD...that guy is awesome!!! Phat, heavy beats!

Does anyone have any info on him?

Any info I know about Carl Cox is that he is defintiely not from New Jersey. He's from Europe. He was just at Twilo a few weeks ago. He comes to NY every other month, I think...I don't like trance so I don't know much. But, he's a local Jersey DJ. You might wanna check the NY section here for Carl Cox info.

smile.gif Ally

i am not really up on the whole jersey DJ circuit but i will tell you down at the shore i think right now the best dj i have heard is probably Anthony Devito, then after that probably Teo T.

------------------

I take my problems to the dancefloor...

thanks for the info Ally...i knew that he wasn't from jersey, just figured since we were on the topic of cool dj's i would ask...Peace wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Emmitt (edited 08-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Emmitt (edited 08-04-2000).]

Guest ally

Hm, in Jersey? Andrew Mendez is a definite favorite...always knows what to play! Also, if anyone's ever been to the Colliseum on a Thursday night, that DJ is great too (for good, fun, happy, commercial music). Don't know who it is though. Just my opinion!

smile.gif Ally

my bad your right ally i tottally forgot!!!

defintley andrew mendez a to z! i gotta stop smoking pot!!!

he rips shit up on sundays matter fact surf is def the best club in my opinion in seaside on sundays the vibe and the music is off the hook..

Originally posted by ally:

Hm, in Jersey? Andrew Mendez is a definite favorite...always knows what to play! Also, if anyone's ever been to the Colliseum on a Thursday night, that DJ is great too (for good, fun, happy, commercial music). Don't know who it is though. Just my opinion!

smile.gif Ally

------------------

smile.gif Ally

Ally,

I agree with the Colisseum DJ!!! TEO T has to be my next fav... And - yeah - I'll admit it on here - I like Tsettos... I'm waiting for the beat downs NOW!

teo t? huh?

Originally posted by blondeee:

Ally,

I agree with the Colisseum DJ!!! TEO T has to be my next fav... And - yeah - I'll admit it on here - I like Tsettos... I'm waiting for the beat downs NOW!

------------------

bro, MC's should be murdered! MCS have no place in underground clubs.

(in a real cheesy game show host voice)

"and now if you have a heart condition, please exit the dance floor!whoa oo-wwhoa-oo-oo-oo-oh-whoa-oh-oho(zombie)"

come on give me a break...shut the fuck up already and let me hear my music.

dj's should switch seemlessy...

keep the MC's to rap, and elementary school plays....

Originally posted by tempkid:

Tsettos,A-Z,ADV,Teo T,and Manny the greek in that order,and by far the best MC is MC Get Izzy Bizzy shut the fuck up.

------------------

Guest temptsboy

I was just reading your replies and I heard someone said underground club. What do you mean by underground club. No one and I repeat no one who post anything on this board go to underground clubs. I dont mean to be mean but that sounds really goofy that you would call the surfclub or any other jersey club underground. Maybe a couple of rooms in the club are in the basement but thats about all. Oh yeah and the soundfactory, exit and all those major city clubs are sure as hell not underground either. They are all so mainstream.

[This message has been edited by temptsboy (edited 08-05-2000).]

I posted underground clubs, no correction my friend, mainstream clubs are temptations, hunka bunka, abyss, thats a mainstream club one that closes at 3. yes factory is an underground club, well was anyhow until fuckin dumb ass guido jucieheads starting invading it, it used to be about the music,music,music, now its about who can stand around flex at eachother try to look good and do as much drugs as possible, its idiots like that who has ruined the "underground" scene and continues to bring it into the mainstream.. ktu doesn't help either, they butcher songs 2 years later.

goofy? You know whats goofy?

people that start getting into the "scene" because right now its the cool thing to do.

Originally posted by temptsboy:

I was just reading your replies and I heard someone said underground club. What do you mean by underground club. No one and I repeat no one who post anything on this board go to underground clubs. I dont mean to be mean but that sounds really goofy that you would call the surfclub or any other jersey club underground. Maybe a couple of rooms in the club are in the basement but thats about all. Oh yeah and the soundfactory, exit and all those major city clubs are sure as hell not underground either. They are all so mainstream.

[This message has been edited by temptsboy (edited 08-05-2000).]

------------------

no there aren't any underground clubs in NJ, and mcs are a waste of time, who wants to hear some idiot talking over a song. shut up and just play the song... and what can they possibly say thats gonna get you sooo pumped??

the music should be pumpin you enough.

nuff said.

Originally posted by djaparz:

Ok I disagree about the MCs.. First off there are no underground clubs in NJ.. Secondly being a DJ and a MC (multi talenyed - lol) I think that MCs get the crowds pysched as the Dj gets them energized.. But by far I think Charlie Cavalo is NJs best MC then Izzy then Ringo...

As far as Djs, Richie Santana, Teo T. Sal Parm

------------------

im with you mama!!!

"if youuuu have a heart condition!!!!!!!"

ahhhhh! i am gonna beat that guy with his own microphone!!!

who tells these people that MCS are cool, imagine!

"and now the man you all have been waiting for, the creator, the innovator, the crowd shaker, and the money maker! please step to the podium and pay your respects to the one and only dj extrordineare (sp?) his high holiness, father jonathan peters, Mass is now being held, in the church of the wicked, SF!!!!!!"

hahahahlmao!!!!

If you are at a club to hear music, MCs are the WORST!!! Just when you're starting to feel the music and you all into the beats, BAM "How you feeling tonight? I said, how you feeling tonight? I can't hear you? Throw your hands in the air. I can't see them. How you all feeling? I still can't hear you". UGH, it's like, "Shut the f*ck up already and let me hear the music". I'm sorry, MCs do NOT get me pumped, they get me aggrevated cause they just interrupted my dancin' and say the stupidist things. MCs should be banned in my opinion. If you take a look around, the only people who respond to MCs are the cheesiest people in the club. Just my .02 cents.

smile.gif Ally

------------------

I agree as well, MC's are weak, especially that dickhead that runs around screaming "Are there any alcoholics in the house?"

Look around dick, everyone's drinking water.

------------------

In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing.

Definitley my favorite DJ in Jersey is by far A to Z..he mixes int he old with the new which is what I love..He i s on point always from beginning to end and knows how to work the crowd..Every song he plays I always love..I also like rich rydell too..good selections also like Andrew...Later..Robyn..=)

------------------

Where are the afterhours??..=)

Ok I disagree about the MCs.. First off there are no underground clubs in NJ.. Secondly being a DJ and a MC (multi talenyed - lol) I think that MCs get the crowds pysched as the Dj gets them energized.. But by far I think Charlie Cavalo is NJs best MC then Izzy then Ringo...

As far as Djs, Richie Santana, Teo T. Sal Parm

Guest ally

If you are at a club to hear music, MCs are the WORST!!! Just when you're starting to feel the music and you all into the beats, BAM "How you feeling tonight? I said, how you feeling tonight? I can't hear you? Throw your hands in the air. I can't see them. How you all feeling? I still can't hear you". UGH, it's like, "Shut the f*ck up already and let me hear the music". I'm sorry, MCs do NOT get me pumped, they get me aggrevated cause they just interrupted my dancin' and say the stupidist things. MCs should be banned in my opinion. If you take a look around, the only people who respond to MCs are the cheesiest people in the club. Just my .02 cents.

smile.gif Ally