Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Big Thank You for Andrew Mendez

Unfortunately, I was there on Sunday but not by choice. A few of my friends wanted to stop by Surf so I had to torture myself and go to that hell hole. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be so that was good. I saw some creatures making out on stage which was exciting. The weather sucked and it was way too hot in there. I think Andrew played horrible (as usual). This is not my first time at Surf listening to him either. I was there at least 5 times this summer. I have heard him at Cheetah and I was even at SF when he played there for a short period. Oh and Roxy too. I don't understand how some people find him entertaining. He plays garbage. I actually heard people there complaining about the music so I started talking to them and we came up with this conclusion. He should be very thankful for Red Door promotions because they are the only reason he has any gigs.

Just my own personal opinion and we all have them.

Guest bumps

Anyone who attended the Surf Club on a regular basis' understands . AtoZ ripped the Surf every Sunday rain or shine -..I hope people got a least one Sunday in this summer @ the Surf - he was worth it...peace

bumps

>everyone's entitled to their own opinion but EVERYONE had nothing bad to say about Andrew Mendez. If you were there sunday you would have seen that whole club going crazy. Me and all my friends were supposed to go to Tempts but didn't cause the music was great. And as for cheetah, he carries that party. As for Red Door...what the hell do they have to do w/ him?? Who are you Andrew's enemy? for someone who doens't like him you sure went to a lot of clubs to hear him huh...lol.

>hey Andrew...I had a great time listening to you all summer and look foward to hearing you this winter smile.gif Jealousy is an ugly trate and it's sad when people show it. Just don't listen to them and keep doing what you're doing.

Oops! I'm sorry did I hit a nerve? Are you the offical spokesperson for A-Z? If not, it would be a great career for ya! No I don't know him nor do I want to. I thought this board was about people giving their opinions. Well I think he Sucks! His music selection is horrible and if YOU don't like what I have to say then too bad. Don't read my posts.

Carries the party at Cheetah?? Is that why they have Jason Ojeda there now? Now that's a DJ. If anyone carries the party at Cheetah it's him. I wouldn't be surprised if A-Z is out of a job soon because of it. And as for the jealousy comment?? What am I jealous FOR?? Did you just smoke crack or something? We are talking about a DJ. The last time I checked I wouldn't be jealous of one. Cool down honey, it's only music. Why are you so stressed???? Do you have some affiliation with ANDREW??? Sure seems like it.

Bottom line, don't like his music and IMO he sucks.

NUFF SAID

Originally posted by tahnie:

>everyone's entitled to their own opinion but EVERYONE had nothing bad to say about Andrew Mendez. If you were there sunday you would have seen that whole club going crazy. Me and all my friends were supposed to go to Tempts but didn't cause the music was great. And as for cheetah, he carries that party. As for Red Door...what the hell do they have to do w/ him?? Who are you Andrew's enemy? for someone who doens't like him you sure went to a lot of clubs to hear him huh...lol.

>hey Andrew...I had a great time listening to you all summer and look foward to hearing you this winter smile.gif Jealousy is an ugly trate and it's sad when people show it. Just don't listen to them and keep doing what you're doing.

Originally posted by tahnie:

YO girl you are 100% right I almost didn't leave surf myself but I did around 10. A-Z is on his way to the top soon. But I must say that Tempts was out of control the whole night, and the last half hour was the most insane I've ever seen any club. No better crowd or vibe anywhere.

>you are all right. Some people think i suck and somethink i'm good. I like to read CNYC because i like to see what people think of me. I take all the good w/ the bad. But all the bad that I read about myself just only makes me wanna work even harder to be the best that i can. So I thank you Chilley for making me work even harder to try and please the ones who don't like me or think i suck.

>As for Cheetah...I am the resident w/ Jason Ojeda doing guest spots. If you are trying to start drama w/ Ojeda/Mendez crap...it's not gonna work. Ojeda's a good DJ and i enjoy working w/ him. He makes me work smile.gif

PLUR...

Andrew smile.gif

Originally posted by A to Z:

>you are all right. Some people think i suck and somethink i'm good. I like to read CNYC because i like to see what people think of me. I take all the good w/ the bad. But all the bad that I read about myself just only makes me wanna work even harder to be the best that i can. So I thank you Chilley for making me work even harder to try and please the ones who don't like me or think i suck.

>As for Cheetah...I am the resident w/ Jason Ojeda doing guest spots. If you are trying to start drama w/ Ojeda/Mendez crap...it's not gonna work. Ojeda's a good DJ and i enjoy working w/ him. He makes me work smile.gif

PLUR...

Andrew smile.gif

yo Andy - you and Jason are both EXCELLENT and both of you are real men for staying above this petty shit!

Props to both of you smile.gif

------------------

Rally

there is an afterlife

Yoooooo Andrew...keep up the good work kid!!! U just keep getting better everytime I hear ya!!! Thanx for the great times at Surf this summer!

And I like the fact that you're humble on this board!!! Like u said...not everyone's gonna like u..but hey...that's life!!! Keep working hard for those that do!!

SMOKEE

true that!!!!

Originally posted by bumps:

Anyone who attended the Surf Club on a regular basis' understands . AtoZ ripped the Surf every Sunday rain or shine -..I hope people got a least one Sunday in this summer @ the Surf - he was worth it...peace

bumps

Originally posted by chilliey:

Unfortunately, I was there on Sunday but not by choice. A few of my friends wanted to stop by Surf so I had to torture myself and go to that hell hole. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be so that was good. I saw some creatures making out on stage which was exciting. The weather sucked and it was way too hot in there. I think Andrew played horrible (as usual). This is not my first time at Surf listening to him either. I was there at least 5 times this summer. I have heard him at Cheetah and I was even at SF when he played there for a short period. Oh and Roxy too. I don't understand how some people find him entertaining. He plays garbage. I actually heard people there complaining about the music so I started talking to them and we came up with this conclusion. He should be very thankful for Red Door promotions because they are the only reason he has any gigs.

Just my own personal opinion and we all have them.

Yo, you make it too obvious that you're jealous of Andrew. For someone who doesn't like him, you know alot about how he spins,

where he spins, and who Red Door promotions are. You must be someone in the industry

(like an insecure dj) who is only threatened by Andrew. If you're not, than you must have some personal issues with him and have nothing better to do than to try to make people think he sucks. Too bad for you, most people already like Andrew and think he's the BOMB!!!! HA HA!!! I laugh @ you!!!

You and your big fat grin!!! HA HA!! Jealous,insecure....DJ? naaaaaaaa!!! LOSER!!!

HA HA !!!!

Remember....this is only my opinion!!!!

DUH!

Originally posted by trueboy:

Yo, you make it too obvious that you're jealous of Andrew. For someone who doesn't like him, you know alot about how he spins,

where he spins, and who Red Door promotions are. You must be someone in the industry

(like an insecure dj) who is only threatened by Andrew. If you're not, than you must have some personal issues with him and have nothing better to do than to try to make people think he sucks. Too bad for you, most people already like Andrew and think he's the BOMB!!!! HA HA!!! I laugh @ you!!!

You and your big fat grin!!! HA HA!! Jealous,insecure....DJ? naaaaaaaa!!! LOSER!!!

HA HA !!!!

Remember....this is only my opinion!!!!

DUH!

Spoken from a true friend of the AMAZING A-Z.

WHATEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! rolleyes.gif

This is crazy. Just because I don't think he is a good DJ. I'm now in the MUSIC INDUSTRY. Well if I'm in the music industry, then you must work at SURF CLUB.

TRUE DAT! Ya got me! BUSTED!!!!! eek.gif

Hi I'm DJ Jealoucee!

I don't like Andrew either. This means I am jealous and in the industry. I go to all his venues because I want to be him. I know about Red Door too because I am jealous.

If you do not like a DJ and post on CLUBNYC, you are officially in the music industry. KEWL!!!

DUH!!!!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by chilliey:

Spoken from a true friend of the AMAZING A-Z.

WHATEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! rolleyes.gif

This is crazy. Just because I don't think he is a good DJ. I'm now in the MUSIC INDUSTRY. Well if I'm in the music industry, then you must work at SURF CLUB.

TRUE DAT! Ya got me! BUSTED!!!!! eek.gif

I have to say that Chilliey's opinion is completely valid, although I don't necessarily agree with it. I am very familiar with Red Door and have frequented Surf Club many Sundays this summer, so does that mean I'm part of the industry too? Love Andrew's work this summer, and I'm looking forward to seeing him at Cheetah

------------------

**So let's find a bar so dark we forget who we are, and all the scars of the "nevers" and "maybes" die**

Well children I guess I am going to have to explain this in a adult fashion. Andrew, I met you at Brazil over Labor Day weekend. I was not there to listen to you spin. Actually I was there more to hear Stretch Armstrong. Ok here is the opinion, I think that you are ok from a commercial DJ. I think you need to update your selection and pick a direction. You are skattered all over and WAYYYYYYY too many vocals. And yes I am personally offended that you play "REAP" so early in the evening. As with anything in life practice makes perfect. And for all those calling this one and that one industry, well I am. This is not to be hurtful and mean towards Mr. Mendez but to help him. I remember when J.P. used to spin in the chapel @ Limelight kids, so remember we all had to start somewhere!! P.L.U.R. eek.gif

>Thank you very much for the input it's greatly valued as to the way it's written and spoken. I am a young DJ (21!!) and have yet to get my sound. I LOVE all different kinds of music and love to play. Practice does make perfect and i'll always keep doing so. Thanks.

PLUR

Andrew smile.gif

ps. you heard me play "Reap" I don't even own that record. that song is older than i am!!! hehe

Originally posted by cotoncandydream:

Well children I guess I am going to have to explain this in a adult fashion. Andrew, I met you at Brazil over Labor Day weekend. I was not there to listen to you spin. Actually I was there more to hear Stretch Armstrong. Ok here is the opinion, I think that you are ok from a commercial DJ. I think you need to update your selection and pick a direction. You are skattered all over and WAYYYYYYY too many vocals. And yes I am personally offended that you play "REAP" so early in the evening. As with anything in life practice makes perfect. And for all those calling this one and that one industry, well I am. This is not to be hurtful and mean towards Mr. Mendez but to help him. I remember when J.P. used to spin in the chapel @ Limelight kids, so remember we all had to start somewhere!! P.L.U.R. eek.gif