Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tequilla joes

Ok I have been to Tjs a couple times since it opened back up. But I DONT REMEMBER half of the nights...lol

They need a new DJ. I like the removal of walls downstairs...(Big thumbs up Joe!)

Im mad about the painted walls and taking out of the swing from the 80's room.

Otherwise, its pretty much the same. Lot more *bumps* goin around though. And drinks are $1.50 from 9-11.

Its liveable. They have a hott new bartender named Shawn....Ive known her though since before she started working there. Fridays I think are better. Hey...go there get drunk cheap...get a roll goin and hit the City at 3!

------------------

CAT.gif

"Together we witness one of the most delightful in our time......so umm, LET THE BASS GO!!!"

Get drunk, then roll then hit city? Hehe.

Cant say Ive mixed things that much before.

Damn bad kitty....bad.....**slap**

If they added an extra room and only let people who hated bumping others in, it could be livable =)

A DJ would definately help, that dude is uhm...not so good, hehe. Course Im comparing the dj to ones in the city so thats not really fair. Gotta cater to your crowd I suppose.

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gif

no doubt!!! like i said before, nothing against the dj (who's been there sooooooo long and is Joe's friend), tequila's really needs to get someone who knows something about mixing up to date music!!! if so, that place would be the bomb!!! there are a lot of struggling, talented dj's out there that would like a chance to show their shit...like dj johnniboo! Peace...

Thanx Emmitt your always lookin out for BOO

Remember, one never forgets.

all the love to you and all that are behind my passion for this music that moves my soul.

Music is truly the answer!!

------------------

I See You Baby, Shakin that Ass, Shakin that Ass

• 2 weeks later...

Im gonna take a shot here and reply to this thread...3 years ago I was playing in the city at Polyesthers on 1st ave bettween 77 and 78th when I was "visited" by this guy who came up to the booth and introed himself as brother to a guy that was opening a club in Newark in the old Studio 1 spot at the time he asked me to come talk to the guy in charge and was kinda vague about names..now Im a long time dj from Newark/NYC and live now just a few blocks from Tequila's but without dividing myself into multiple personalities I CANT be in 2 places at once and allready was playing in NYC Wed - Sat at Polys and I wasnt about to give it up to play in Newark but I said nothing. It wasnt personal and Id have def gone and inquired about the job immediatedly. Well time went by and I left Polys after 19 months probobly cause I got tired of the place and tired of playing Dancing Queen and the Grease videos 3 times a night - plus the L.I. patrons started gettin a little rude for my taste its too bad cause I had really dug the scene and taking the trains over at night to work and it had brought alot of memories back to me about playing in that same area cause I had been the DJ at the Adams Apple which was right down the street back in 1980. Anyway I was home again and remembered about the Tequila Joes offer and decided what the hell Ill give the club a call and see if the offer still stood. Now Im not stuck up but to be honest I really never begged for work and Im not a young dj and have kind of a great resume - anyway after calling and getting a chance to talk to this guy "Joe" I related the experience and the offer made while at Polys and it was a major league TURN OFF..the guy was really rude and basically played me like I didnt know my career or something and was like "you cant offer me anything"..well I guess not, only a 3000 NJ member <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> , an 18 year career and an offer to do my own mailout and web promotion. I wanted to play for this guy and he didnt want to give me the time of day and it seemed like he knew who I was but the fact that I didnt leave my job at Polys to work for him 2 years prior had negatively impacted any chance to work for this guy ever after. Its not like I hated the guys club or anything but I expected him to understand that while I was there I was being loyal and tried to do best for myself career wise - it was business. I dunno but it seems this guy is a toughie to get along with and isnt too open to change. Its a shame cause Id have rocked his club silly too. Ive heard the Dj's basically suck there from many people. I agree with the rest of the thread that they DEF need a new DJ..if I cant do it I hope someone competent can do the job. Someone should talk some sense into this guy...peace - Greg

Yo G ! Its me Pete, I didnt know u posted on here. Forget that place . When are you gonna be at Ohm again, Give us a call man and we'll goto the Loop or the restaurant for a drink. Is Robots still open ? We miss you yo - remember the time at Hurricane Alley on your birthday in 86 haha - call us, PEASH

[This message has been edited by bongtv (edited 10-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by bongtv (edited 10-16-2000).]

You know don't bother with Joe, he is not very understanding at all, go figure, cause he probably is happy with the volume & quality of people frequenting the joint so he just won't understand. This is coming from an ex-employee of his......

cwm8.gifcwm8.gif

------------------

Those who focus on the here and now, never truly appreciate the future........

grgflsh.gif

Hey Rudy, I hear ya man...just made me feel kinda shitty at the time but Ive heard the same about the situation from a few people and again Its a shame - Thanx for the positive message man...peace, Greg cwm20.gif

[This message has been edited by greg_white (edited 10-17-2000).]

The above reasons are exactly why great DJ's don't work there. I even had bartenders tell me they need a new jock and would put a word in for a guest spot- I'm a 17 year veteran jock that has played many major rooms in NYC/NJ and FLA, I don't have time for club owners like that- Clubs like that will always have a place I guess, since people are always looking for a cheap night out- but they can only survive for so long.

I remember a few years back they had this dj on Fridays called Sycopath who used to play some phat music (too good for that place)- even tho the vibe in that place suked at least the music was good and all my friends were there. But I guess the music wasn't "guido friendly" enough and eventually he wasn't spinnin there anymore ... I actually tried to go back a few times but the music and croud was so unbearable that we just gave up.

i will agree tjoes needs a new DJ but hey the place is what it is. Its a place to go when u want to be in a club atmosphere with out going to a club. They will never get decent DJ's there, i was talkingtosomeone who kenw one of the dj's and said he gets about 150 a night. well 150 isnt getting much for a dj when other clubs are paying probably over 500 a night. Could get more doing weddings than DJ'ingat tjoes. I do see alot of people bumping in there but it seems hard to find pills and if u do they arent real good

Well unfortunately, Joe wont get rid f the DJs. The reason being...theyre LONGGG time friends.

You wuld think he would put his business matters in a different regard then his friendship.

I was actually surprised last, I think it waas Friday that Iwas there. THey were playin some decent tracks. More beats then KTU...but its a rarity. I agree Joe needs to cahnge the sets!

------------------

double_f.gif

"It's normal to be different!"