Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Abyss vs. Bunka

suca

Abyss on Wednesday now that Manny the Greek is back, Denny is great when he is on- unfortunately he hardly ever is any more. The Subliminal/Garage party is something special that people harldy know about- Every Friday downstairs for a different vibe that you don't hear in Jersey- that is currently the best part about Friday Night at Abyss IMO. Saturdays are ruled by BUNKA- even though Craig Noto at Abyss probably has a better music program than Kirk and Kip- Bunka has the crowd with all the ladies and a better vibe- when they do a Silver Ball or Future 2000 party it is even better. Just My Opinion.

My ex-boyfriend works at both Abyss fridays (for the Subliminal Party) and Bunka's saturday once a month for Future Groove. They are both worth checkin out...Its a good vibe at both places. This weekend at Bunka's is Future Groove, my friend Matt Edwards is spinning.

------------------

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with."

Jarmenio:

EVERYTHING is different about Abyss. The entire set up of the place to start with. Granted, it looks nicer, but I like the old set up better. I miss the stairs on either side - those VIP sections are lame. They are just a waste of space where too many people crowd around and can not even move. Not to mention the crowd has completely gone down hill. It is so much younger and honestly just plain tacky. I used to go there and see so many people that I knew - the same peopel that I saw out in the city, at Tempts, etc. Now, it is a bunch of rejects that would never have been allowed into some of the clubs that I have been. I am not trying to sound arrogant - because I am not. I used to love Abyss - I was there every Friday and used to go on Wednesdays too. I made my final attempt one Friday in September and it was very dissapointing. The music was awful and I felt like the oldest one there.........and I am only 24. Abyss will always get a crowd and I am sure they will always do well - I just miss the way it used to be.

As far as Abyss and Bunka are concerned you guys are right on. They have lost whatever it was they had. I don't know if it is the crowd getting younger, or is that scene getting old? As far as friday nights are concerned the subliminal party is great, a friend of mine, Dj Aqua, has been spinning there downstairs for a short time now. His style of house has def got a 'groove' you guys should check it out, it is a nice change from NY hard house.

As far as bunka is concerned, they need to mix it up a bit. Try to appeal to a larger venue. I have spun there, and the crowd was very receptive to trance/house. But i have to tell you, any one who is looking to spin there the monitors are a nightmare and one of the turn tables do not work.

Not to ramble, but if any of you guys are up for a change come down to new brunswick for a mid week party that i do on wednesdays. Email me if you want details....Sorry about the long message.........johnMichael

yo i know someone who dj in a mid week party in new brunswick at pete scarlet pub on tues cwm28.gif

------------------

FRIDAY NIGHT AT OHM DJBORIS

SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE WORLD DENNY TSETTOS AND JARED SCREAM

THE "METRO PROMOTIONS" GUESTLIST EMAIL ME @CHRISSOGGY @AOL.COM

Drama baby you are so right! i am only 25 and the crowd is soooo young at abyss! it fucken ruled back in the day before it got busted and changed everything around. as far as i am concerned theres no place like the city!!!!! between abyss and bunka, back in the day abyss was the closest thing to a city club in new jersey but right now bunka on sat is the place to be if you are gonna stay in jersee cwm32.gif

------------------

FRIDAY NIGHT AT OHM DJBORIS

SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE WORLD DENNY TSETTOS AND JARED SCREAM

THE "METRO PROMOTIONS" <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> GUESTLIST</A> EMAIL ME @CHRISSOGGY @AOL.COM

[This message has been edited by partytime (edited 10-22-2000).]